Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Atlanta Falcons Post Game Thoughts

You know Vikings nation is in a sad state when I have to start this thread. I remember when these things got 50 pages long. Now they barely get 5. UGH.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    There's not really much to comment on. Fraizer isn't ready to be a head coach. Our roster is filled with Rick Speilman's poor draft picks. Our secondary is non-existent. I could go on and on. This is what happens when you don't focus on building a team and simply bring in stop-gap fixes. (Favre...)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    You know Vikings nation is in a sad state when I have to start this thread. I remember when these things got 50 pages long. Now they barely get 5. UGH.
    Not much to say.

The Vikings continue to play like garbage. I'm all for a coaching/FO/personnel overhaul. We need to completely change the culture of this team. Keep Ponder, Harvin, Allen, and AD, otherwise any roster spot should be up for grabs.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    I didn't think we would come close in this one. Our best guy not playing, with an unproven backup, and a rookie QB with a terrible OL and no go-to receiver all against one of the better teams in the league.

We were close in this one. If that game was played in Minnesota, the Harvin run at the end of the game would have been a touchdown and the score would have been 21-24. Coulda/woulda/shoulda.. Though Ponder is proving to be the guy we need. He made one poor throw today with the pressure constantly coming at him yet again. If we can fix this OL issue we'll be in business. Ponder had ALL day to throw it on that Harvin TD pass. With Peterson in there, a healthy defense, and an offensive line who can block an ant colony we'll be set.

QB: A-
    RB: C
    WR: B+ (Harvin was all over the place today)
    OL: D-
    TE: C

DE: B
    DT: B+
    LB: C
    CB: C (Sapp 1 on 1 with White and still kept him honest. I'm liking this comeback)
    S: D

Quote Originally Posted by jkjuggalo View Post
    Not much to say.

The Vikings continue to play like garbage. I'm all for a coaching/FO/personnel overhaul. We need to completely change the culture of this team. Keep Ponder, Harvin, Allen, and AD, otherwise any roster spot should be up for grabs.
    So we should get rid of Greenway? What about KW and Shortwell? You sound like we only have 4 players worth a damn.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    What about the Harvin TD that wasn't challenged? I was watching at a local watering hole so I did not have sound for the Viking game, but it sure looked like he was in, and the announcers kept showing it over and over. Why in Hell didn't Frazier challenge that call?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    The coaching staff made major blunders today. The team cannot improve without leaders, and since Ponder is new let's get new above him starting with dumping Seilman.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    What about the Harvin TD that wasn't challenged? I was watching at a local watering hole so I did not have sound for the Viking game, but it sure looked like he was in, and the announcers kept showing it over and over. Why in Hell didn't Frazier challenge that call?
    They weren't replaying that on the big screen at the stadium. I'm sure Frazier never even knew about it. If that game were in Minnesota I can tell you right now he'd have challenged it.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Norseman

We have 2 wins coming down the stretch, why not see what we have in Brandon Burton. It's not like we're making the playoffs, and we have no idea what we actually have in this kid. If he's not good enough to get reps and Benny Sapp is worth another shot, he should be cut. We know what we're getting with Sapp, a shitty band-aid, that probably won't be with us by the time we start training camp next year. Lets see if one of our draft picks is worth keeping around.

Oh and 3rd down on the goal-line Frazier needs to throw the flag when PH clearly crossed the plain there. Let the refs sort out whether the play was dead at that point or not. A timeout doesn't do you much good down by 10.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    There's not really much to comment on. Fraizer isn't ready to be a head coach. Our roster is filled with Rick Speilman's poor draft picks. Our secondary is non-existent. I could go on and on. This is what happens when you don't focus on building a team and simply bring in stop-gap fixes. (Favre...)
    Favre gave us the best year since 2001. Just saying. But I agree, we could have had Aaron Rodgers, instead we get Troy Williamson and Erasmus James. Awesome.

Edit: Fran Foley did this one but Spielman is no better.
    Last edited by marstc09; 11-27-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast