Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63
  1. #31
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098959
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098955
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098953
    Comeon, you gotta try better. Those are right inline with my points I just said.
    yeah Caine, you know actual posts he made, and statistical proof is not good enough for Marty. You need something a little more... Irrational.
    LOL, he did nothing but post posts I've made in the past that dealt with the items I listed (in red) above.

    As my good friend Caine once said, "I make alot of posts on here. Someone can take almost any one of them and make them fit their point".
    Sure, they could...except I kept them intact (mostly), cited where I got them, and pointed out the fact that you REPEATEDLY tried to downplay the significance of Edwards occupying a line with 3 Pro_bowlers...which is what I said you did, and you denied.

    I don't dispute the other points:

    a. Phat Pat isn't that dominant anymore, especially in the passing game. But we don't really ask him to be...we ask him to eat up linemen...and he does.

    b. K-dubb isn't that dominant anymore. Actually believe its because he quit juicing. He had an off season...so did the entire Defense. Making Juicing allegations is very presumptuous. Will he be back to his old form this season? We'll see.

    c. JA disappears at times, gets handled one on one more than you guys want to admit and gets caught up field rushing the QB on running plays. I agree with everything but the last. JA gets burned upfield once in awhile, but not that often...and it's usually when he's blocked out correctly and the LB doesn't fill the gap properly. But I was very disappointed at how GB handled him this year.

    d. Ray gets doubled more than you guys want to admit. Used the Dallas game as a prime example. One game. One game is not a statistical proof. We don't deny that he catches doubles - especially when the play is to his side - but we ARE saying that he draw a lot LESS attention that the other members of that line. Subsequently, his stats reflect the FACT that opposing teams try and take the other members of that line out of the game. They worry about Kevin Williams. They worry about Jared Allen. They worry about Phat Pat - not as a pass rusher, but as a lineman eater...you can't block him with 1 guy. That FEEDS Ray. That gives him OPPORTUNITIES to shine.

    What happens if Ray is the best guy on the line? What happens when teams are scheming to take HIM out of the equation?

    We don't know.

    Again, he's GOOD...we all agree on that...he's just not GREAT.

    Caine

  2. #32
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098997
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098959
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098955
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098953
    Comeon, you gotta try better. Those are right inline with my points I just said.
    yeah Caine, you know actual posts he made, and statistical proof is not good enough for Marty. You need something a little more... Irrational.
    LOL, he did nothing but post posts I've made in the past that dealt with the items I listed (in red) above.

    As my good friend Caine once said, "I make alot of posts on here. Someone can take almost any one of them and make them fit their point".
    Sure, they could...except I kept them intact (mostly), cited where I got them, and pointed out the fact that you REPEATEDLY tried to downplay the significance of Edwards occupying a line with 3 Pro_bowlers...which is what I said you did, and you denied.

    I don't dispute the other points:

    a. Phat Pat isn't that dominant anymore, especially in the passing game. But we don't really ask him to be...we ask him to eat up linemen...and he does.

    b. K-dubb isn't that dominant anymore. Actually believe its because he quit juicing. He had an off season...so did the entire Defense. Making Juicing allegations is very presumptuous. Will he be back to his old form this season? We'll see.

    c. JA disappears at times, gets handled one on one more than you guys want to admit and gets caught up field rushing the QB on running plays. I agree with everything but the last. JA gets burned upfield once in awhile, but not that often...and it's usually when he's blocked out correctly and the LB doesn't fill the gap properly. But I was very disappointed at how GB handled him this year.

    d. Ray gets doubled more than you guys want to admit. Used the Dallas game as a prime example. One game. One game is not a statistical proof. We don't deny that he catches doubles - especially when the play is to his side - but we ARE saying that he draw a lot LESS attention that the other members of that line. Subsequently, his stats reflect the FACT that opposing teams try and take the other members of that line out of the game. They worry about Kevin Williams. They worry about Jared Allen. They worry about Phat Pat - not as a pass rusher, but as a lineman eater...you can't block him with 1 guy. That FEEDS Ray. That gives him OPPORTUNITIES to shine.

    What happens if Ray is the best guy on the line? What happens when teams are scheming to take HIM out of the equation?

    We don't know.

    Again, he's GOOD...we all agree on that...he's just not GREAT.

    Caine
    Two things...

    I've never once said Ray was great.

    And we ask Phat Pat to do more than stop the run. He is supposed to collapse the pocket as well.

    I would love to see him back, but only if we use him late in the games when we need to make short yardage stops/are sure the team is going to run and if he takes a pay cut that reflects that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #33
    Knight of God is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    I honestly hope that he signs with someone other than the Falcons or Vikings. I like the Ravens alright, but I doubt Lewis would put up with a bunch of hoofladada from him.

    He's an okay player, but no one to get upset or excited over. Kinda puts me in the mind of Tavaris Jackson in some ways. He has the tools and athleticism...just not a game breaker.

    He was doubled quite a bit, but not enough to defend him. Most of any OL seems to get caught in the middle trying to stop the Williams Wall. No they are not a sack tandem but are beastly at the POA and causes miss matches in blocking schemes. Look at a rewind and see how many times Edwards was yet doubled by RT and FB, TE, WR, or H-Back.

    11 sacks from Allen and he seemed all year like he wasn't really up for it. But even his 11 sacks and turnovers was really good and he faces LT. The anchor of an OL. A LE who doesn't get doubled is just shameful.

    We use a rotation that only keeps Abraham in for most of the game. You guys rotate way less and stayed on the field quite a bit due to 3 and outs and turnovers and this guy managed 8 sacks and 37 tackles. Nothing else.

    Even doubled a RB and QB should statistically run into you by accident way more than that. I don't know. I'm thinking buyer beware.

    And stop dissing on Jared Allen. I'd take him over Edwards any day.
    None

  4. #34
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "Knight of God" #1099329
    I honestly hope that he signs with someone other than the Falcons or Vikings. I like the Ravens alright, but I doubt Lewis would put up with a bunch of hoofladada from him.

    He's an okay player, but no one to get upset or excited over. Kinda puts me in the mind of Tavaris Jackson in some ways. He has the tools and athleticism...just not a game breaker.

    He was doubled quite a bit, but not enough to defend him. Most of any OL seems to get caught in the middle trying to stop the Williams Wall. No they are not a sack tandem but are beastly at the POA and causes miss matches in blocking schemes. Look at a rewind and see how many times Edwards was yet doubled by RT and FB, TE, WR, or H-Back.

    11 sacks from Allen and he seemed all year like he wasn't really up for it. But even his 11 sacks and turnovers was really good and he faces LT. The anchor of an OL. A LE who doesn't get doubled is just shameful.

    We use a rotation that only keeps Abraham in for most of the game. You guys rotate way less and stayed on the field quite a bit due to 3 and outs and turnovers and this guy managed 8 sacks and 37 tackles. Nothing else.

    Even doubled a RB and QB should statistically run into you by accident way more than that. I don't know. I'm thinking buyer beware.

    And stop dissing on Jared Allen. I'd take him over Edwards any day.
    Great post and pretty much hits the nail on the head.

  5. #35
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "Knight of God" #1099329
    I honestly hope that he signs with someone other than the Falcons or Vikings. I like the Ravens alright, but I doubt Lewis would put up with a bunch of hoofladada from him.

    He's an okay player, but no one to get upset or excited over. Kinda puts me in the mind of Tavaris Jackson in some ways. He has the tools and athleticism...just not a game breaker.

    He was doubled quite a bit, but not enough to defend him. Most of any OL seems to get caught in the middle trying to stop the Williams Wall. No they are not a sack tandem but are beastly at the POA and causes miss matches in blocking schemes. Look at a rewind and see how many times Edwards was yet doubled by RT and FB, TE, WR, or H-Back.

    11 sacks from Allen and he seemed all year like he wasn't really up for it. But even his 11 sacks and turnovers was really good and he faces LT. The anchor of an OL. A LE who doesn't get doubled is just shameful.

    We use a rotation that only keeps Abraham in for most of the game. You guys rotate way less and stayed on the field quite a bit due to 3 and outs and turnovers and this guy managed 8 sacks and 37 tackles. Nothing else.

    Even doubled a RB and QB should statistically run into you by accident way more than that. I don't know. I'm thinking buyer beware.

    And stop dissing on Jared Allen. I'd take him over Edwards any day.
    LOL, no one is dissing on JA. Even our stars can get hacked on on this site when they mess up.

    As to your point....(higlighted in red).....I like were you are going with that one.

    Not sure if you caught the last few games last year when coach Pagac was calling the plays but we saw some very interesting DL rotations to include Griff at RDE and Guion in at the 3/5 tech.

    I hope we see more of that stuff this year as I've always said that Leslie did two things poorly.....DL rotations and showed blitz to soon.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #36
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099340
    Great post and pretty much hits the nail on the head.
    He sure seems to be a nice breath of fresh air my friend. Got him steadily climbing some spreadsheets.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #37
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099468
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099340
    Great post and pretty much hits the nail on the head.
    He sure seems to be a nice breath of fresh air my friend. Got him steadily climbing some spreadsheets.
    LOL. Somehow I knew you would :laugh:

  8. #38
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099486
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099468
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099340
    Great post and pretty much hits the nail on the head.
    He sure seems to be a nice breath of fresh air my friend. Got him steadily climbing some spreadsheets.
    LOL. Somehow I knew you would :laugh:
    Nothing against my good friend bleed, but it seems like it is just he and I of late.

    Love discussing with him, but some more (new) participation is really a welcome site.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #39
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099486
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099468
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099340
    Great post and pretty much hits the nail on the head.
    He sure seems to be a nice breath of fresh air my friend. Got him steadily climbing some spreadsheets.
    LOL. Somehow I knew you would :laugh:
    Isn't "climbing spreadsheets" code for "Agrees with Marrdro"?

    Poor kid...

    Caine

  10. #40
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1099490
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099486
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099468
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099340
    Great post and pretty much hits the nail on the head.
    He sure seems to be a nice breath of fresh air my friend. Got him steadily climbing some spreadsheets.
    LOL. Somehow I knew you would :laugh:
    Isn't "climbing spreadsheets" code for "Agrees with Marrdro"?

    Poor kid...

    Caine

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 02:57 PM
  2. Edwards Not Going To Atlanta ?
    By jargomcfargo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 11:28 PM
  3. Jamal Anderson Is Falcon Drunk
    By Vikes in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
  4. Horn A Falcon
    By WinonaVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
  5. Falcon Fan Returning
    By daredevil25 in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 03:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •