Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Athlon Sports Pro Football Review

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    bigdog... I don't agree with you on many things, but you do have a point in your last statement. What people sometimes forget is that just because its their opinion does not make it correct and does not give them the right to attack any person for having a different opinion, even if they feel that its incorrect. It happens a lot. Argue your points, thats what makes most of our topics so interesting, just remember that there is not just 1 opinion out there, nor is only 1 opinion the only correct way of thinking.
    Thanks Triedand true: Big love back too ya :cheers: :salute:
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Just wanted to bring this back even if I did goof and say NFL Central instead of NFC North
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

PHilly is too good to not make the playoffs. I know there experienced coach Andy Reid wont let them miss the playoffs no to mention division winner of the nfc east. THere fourth straight championchip game is up for grabs, dont know if philly will make it that far again and maybe choke once again for there fourth straight championchip game loss.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Hey Bigdog,

First of all I am not attacking you for thinking owens is not all that great, you wouldn't even call him a good WR, and that is exactly the problem we vikes fans have been having with fans of other teams saying moss isn't good. If TO isn't a good WR, then he must be a bad one, suck or be average, no? Let me ask you this, do players who aren't good make it to the pro bowl consistently? Do they continue to put up pro bowl type #'s year in and year out, even with an injured QB who absolutely sucked?

I have no problem with you having a different opinion than me, but a WR who consistently makes the pro bowl, is a least a good WR, and probably closer to a great WR. You said that philly has no good WR's and IMO, TO is at least a good WR and probably closer to a great WR. I have given my reasons why i believe why I do, and you see them as attacking you for your opinions. Just because I have so many reasons for my opinion and have passion for why I believe why I do, doesn't mean i am attacking you. I am sorry if you feel attacked, but that is not what I am trying to do at all. I am trying to make you at least admit that ownes is at least good WR.

Also about owens hands, my original statement was that he has the same hands he did 2 or 3 years ago, when he was making the pro bowl. That had nothing to do with him loosing his good hands, or me trying to say you said he lost his good hands. See, you have done the same thing as me. We both need to read and understand better, not just me.

You seem to think that because I firmly believe he is just as fast as he has always been, it is attacking you for not thinking that. IMO he is just as fast and I have given my reasons why I think he is. The key words in my statement were "when your still young". He isn't old enough to be loosing his speed and he hasn't gained any weight in years, so IMO he is still just as fast as he was 3 years ago. Yes, an angry writer from san Fran, who needed to vent after the minnesota game said owens is slow and sucks, but you can't seriously expect someone to think that has any creditability.

Lastly you haven't given any basis for saying owens sucks. TO had 1100 yards receiving last year and 9 TD's with a cripple at QB, no matter what Moss did last year, that is no basis for anyone saying owens sucks? Again I say that what Moss did last year has nothing to do with you saying owens isn't a good WR. Moss was awesome last year and many WR's in the NFL would classify as sucky WR's when compared to Moss last year. Sorry but IMO, you can't stand owens(like prisco), so you say he isn't good(like packers fans do moss). I on the other hand, can't stand the guy, but know a good football player when i see one and will always admit when a guy is good, no matter how much i hate him. Again this is my opinion, not me attacking you.

I appologize if you fealt attacked by me and my posts, again that was not my reasoning for my posts. I just got a little riled up when i heard you say ownes isn't even a good WR and it brought me back to the days of defending Moss to packers fans, for saying the same thing. Now a days, they can't say that anymore, when moss is putting up huge #'s like he did last year. I am pretty positive owens will do the same thing to his haters this season. No I don't think he will do what Moss did last year, but he doesn't need to, to be considered a good or great WR. To end this debate, I say, just sit back and watch owens prove me right this season. If he does I will obviously be letting you know, and if he doesn't, I will be the first to admit that I(and a lot of others) was wrong. But seriously, can't you at least admit that owens is a good WR? No way you can do what he has done in the last 3 years and be an average WR.

"Vikerliker76" wrote:
    Man, stop the bickering. Owens has shown and will show again that he is one of the top WRs in the game, period! Philly is the benchmark in the NFC, again, period. We look good on paper. Hell, for that matter, the Packers are the team to beat in the North. Be excited, trash talk all ya want, but please always give credit where credit is due. Period! And I agree, living in the heart of WI, some of you sound like what makes me HATE Packer fans. Not the Packers, mind you, their fans!!!!!!!!

Hey, finally someone who got what I was trying to say.

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    bigdog... I don't agree with you on many things, but you do have a point in your last statement. What people sometimes forget is that just because its their opinion does not make it correct and does not give them the right to attack any person for having a different opinion, even if they feel that its incorrect. It happens a lot. Argue your points, thats what makes most of our topics so interesting, just remember that there is not just 1 opinion out there, nor is only 1 opinion the only correct way of thinking.

Believe it or not, i totally agree with you. I did not see what I was saying as me attacking him, only me posting what I believed with some passion. I never called him names, like many immature people seem to do around here. I never said anything about him personally, so that is why I fealt like I was just argueing my point and not attacking him. Again I am sorry if it looked like i was attacking him personally, not my intention. Football is a passion of mine and a lot of times I post with that passion, so please don't read that as being attacked.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234