Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Athlon Sports Pro Football Review

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Philly won't make the NFC Championship. Everyone is overhyping McNabb to Owens. Also, they have 2 new starting corners, a injury-prone line, crappy LB's, no running game, and no good recivers after Owens.
    Agreed with one exception. they have no good recievers period. Owens has lost most of his speed which was his primary weapon. His hands were never great. This is what made garcia look like he sucked last year. Jeff is actually very good. Owens will be a flop in Philly and philly will miss the playoffs.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Philly won't make the NFC Championship. Everyone is overhyping McNabb to Owens. Also, they have 2 new starting corners, a injury-prone line, crappy LB's, no running game, and no good recivers after Owens.
    Agreed with one exception. they have no good recievers period. Owens has lost most of his speed which was his primary weapon. His hands were never great. This is what made garcia look like he sucked last year. Jeff is actually very good. Owens will be a flop in Philly and philly will miss the playoffs.

Owens has lost his speed??? Where did it go then? He isn't old, and isn't any bigger than he was 2 or 3 years ago. He hasn't lost his speed and his hands are as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago. Garcia and there O-line were the problems last year, not owens. Look at what owens did, when rattay was in there. He played like he did 2 or 3 years ago. You guys are doing the same thing, that packers fans do. They hate moss, so they try and say he sucks. You guys don't like TO, so you try and say he sucks. Come on guys we should know better. I can't stand owens either, but will never try and say he sucks. Is owens better than Moss? NO WAY. Is he better than harrison or chad johnson? I don't think so. Is he a really good WR? YES. No matter how much you hate ownes, he is a huge upgrade at WR for the eagles and he makes their offense so much more dangerous.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:

Owens has lost his speed??? Where did it go then? He isn't old, and isn't any bigger than he was 2 or 3 years ago. He hasn't lost his speed and his hands are as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago. Garcia and there O-line were the problems last year, not owens. Look at what owens did, when rattay was in there. He played like he did 2 or 3 years ago. You guys are doing the same thing, that packers fans do. They hate moss, so they try and say he sucks. You guys don't like TO, so you try and say he sucks. Come on guys we should know better. I can't stand owens either, but will never try and say he sucks. Is owens better than Moss? NO WAY. Is he better than harrison or chad johnson? I don't think so. Is he a really good WR? YES. No matter how much you hate ownes, he is a huge upgrade at WR for the eagles and he makes their offense so much more dangerous.
    One huge difference, Last year Moss did somehting no one ever did. Averaged 100 yds and a td a game. Last year TO did squat. So there is a basis for it. also I'm not the one saying he's lost speed That's skip bayless

http://www.fanstop.net/public/nflboa...mes;read=64811

And that's a SF Writer. Hands, like I said he never had great hands. Didn't lose them. Here's a hint. Read before you reply. Actually see what the other persons point is before barfing out your own.

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:

One huge difference, Last year Moss did somehting no one ever did. Averaged 100 yds and a td a game. Last year TO did squat. So there is a basis for it. also I'm not the one saying he's lost speed That's skip bayless

http://www.fanstop.net/public/nflboa...mes;read=64811

And that's a SF Writer. Hands, like I said he never had great hands. Didn't lose them. Here's a hint. Read before you reply. Actually see what the other persons point is before barfing out your own.

First of all, what Moss and TO did last year, has nothing to do with what I said or you said. He is still a one of the top WR in the game, regardless of what Moss did last year, or what he did last year. I don't think I was saying he is better than Moss. I don't need another article from a SF writer, saying TO sucks, because that means jack. Find one from a writer not in SF. When you said that philly has no good WR's, you lost a lot of creditability. To not even say TO is GOOD, is crazy and shows you just don't like him, and thus say he sucks.

Wow, what a suprise, a SF writer trashing Owens now that he is gone. Sorry but you need a little better source than a SF writer. Truth is, he hasn't lost his speed, it doesn't just disappear all of a sudden, when you are still young. I also never said that you claimed he lost his good hands, so maybe you should read and understand.

Fact is Philly does have a good WR, maybe even a great WR. This is not only my opinion, but many many other experts, regardless of how they feel about him as a person. Just like pete prisco, you seem to have something against TO, and that is why you attack him. TO doesn't suck. Again, he isn't better than Moss, harrison, or chad johnson, but many experts would certainly put him in their top 5 WR's.

Again I say this, come on guys, don't do what packers fans have been doing to us all these years. We don't need to stoop to their level, and start calling good players bad, because we don't like them.

Please don't see my arguement, and think I am a TO fan because I am not at all a fan of him. I do however, realize he is still a damn good receiver.

Give me a break. The article was written by a SF writer, after the minnesota game. That would be like me using what a vike fan said about daunte, after the oakland game last year, to justify my arguement that daunte sucked. I don't think daunte sucks, just using this as an example.

80 catches for 1102 yards and 9 TD's in 15 games, is pretty damn good for a receiver who did nothing last year. He had an injured QB, who had his worst year in awhile, and a bunch of crappy WR's next to him. Those look like pretty good #'s for an off year. At least good enough to call the guy a good WR.

Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

Man, stop the bickering. Owens has shown and will show again that he is one of the top WRs in the game, period! Philly is the benchmark in the NFC, again, period. We look good on paper. Hell, for that matter, the Packers are the team to beat in the North. Be excited, trash talk all ya want, but please always give credit where credit is due. Period! And I agree, living in the heart of WI, some of you sound like what makes me HATE Packer fans. Not the Packers, mind you, their fans!!!!!!!!
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

First of all, what Moss and TO did last year, has nothing to do with what I said or you said.
    You brought up how fudgepackers say moss sucks. I made the point that they have no basis for it. but there is a basis for it with Owens

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Wow, what a suprise, a SF writer trashing Owens now that he is gone.
    Once again you have jumped forward without reading the article I referenced was from during last year's season not after he was gone.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Truth is, he hasn't lost his speed, it doesn't just disappear all of a sudden, when you are still young.
    please inform me how does it dissappear. I thought that as years go by people tend to lose speed. Evidently this doesn't happen to Owens

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I also never said that you claimed he lost his good hands, so maybe you should read and understand.
    your words
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    He hasn't lost his speed and his hands are as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago.
    I am not stating that owens sucks, never did. Just that Philly has no good recievers. Owens is overratted.

Again. First read, then try to understand. Great you have an opinion, you can have it. I am not condeming you for having one. You, however, want to condem me for thinking that Owens has lost his step some. You can have your opinion and I won't tell you you can have it. Before you deny that let me quote you

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    To not even say TO is GOOD, is crazy

Again I say this, come on guys, don't do what packers fans have been doing to us all these years. We don't need to stoop to their level, and start calling good players bad, because we don't like them.
    I'm not sure what wild hair got up your a$$ that you want to attack me for not thinking owens is all that great but get over it. Have you opinion, but don't barf it out before you even read or try to understand what the other posters are trying to say. Don't tell us not to have our opinion, state your opinion and reasons why and leave it at that. Seems like a maturity issue, I would be willing to bet your a teenager.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hate Owens!! Moss rules him!!! Game over!! No more fighting!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

bigdog... I don't agree with you on many things, but you do have a point in your last statement. What people sometimes forget is that just because its their opinion does not make it correct and does not give them the right to attack any person for having a different opinion, even if they feel that its incorrect. It happens a lot. Argue your points, thats what makes most of our topics so interesting, just remember that there is not just 1 opinion out there, nor is only 1 opinion the only correct way of thinking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast