Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Athlon Sports Pro Football Review

Ty tlk23 and of couse the Bills won all the AFC titles only to lose all four Super Bowls.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

We may have lost four superbowls, but at least it wasn't four in a row! I don't think I would have been able to handle that big of a disappointment 4 years in a row!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"tlk23" wrote:
    Viking_Spirit: The Bills did it in the late 90's. 4 straight AFC Championship games. The Vikings got to the NFC Championship game 4 times in 5 years between 73-77.
    73- Beat Cowboys 27-10 Lose to Dolphins
    74- Beat LA Rams 14-10 Lose to Steelers
    75- lose in Divisional Playoff to Dallas 17-14
    76- Beat LA Rams 24-13 Lose to Raiders
    77- Lost to Dallas 23-6
    I know those 2 did it, notice I said that it was extremly hard to do.

BTW, the Bills did it in the early 90's.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Philly won't make the NFC Championship. Everyone is overhyping McNabb to Owens. Also, they have 2 new starting corners, a injury-prone line, crappy LB's, no running game, and no good recivers after Owens.

I disagree about philly. Their D will still be very solid. Everyone talks about them loosing vincent and taylor, and says they are gonna be starting 2 new CB's, but that isn't true. Remember last year, vincent and taylor were hurt a good portion of the year, and sheldon brown and lito shepard stepped in and looked great. This is why the eagles decided to let both CB's go in the offseason. The eagles have one of the best d coordinators in the game, and he seems to be able to plug any player into his system and do well with them. Hugh douglas excelled in johnson's D, and fizzled in jacksonville, expect kearse to excell as well in philly, if he can stay healthy. Dhani Jones was a great addition to their LB corp. You would be crazy to think their D won't be top 10 again. As for their offense, even if TO is as overrated as you say he is, he still upgrades their WR corp by a ton. Westbrook will have a breakout year, if you don't count what he did last year, a breakout year. Buckhalter is also a solid back. They will be fine in the running game, without duce. Also, mcNabb seemed to start running the ball towards the end of last year again, so that will help their rushing attack, much like daunte does for us. One more weapon they have on offense, is TE lj smith. He started to get in sync with McNabb at the end of last year, and should be a good target for him this year in the passing game. Personally I don't think it is crazy at all to expect Philly to be good again. I think that the Vikes/philly game will be a great game, definately the game of the week. Moss will however, show TO again that he is the best WR in the game.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Philly won't make the NFC Championship. Everyone is overhyping McNabb to Owens. Also, they have 2 new starting corners, a injury-prone line, crappy LB's, no running game, and no good recivers after Owens.

I disagree about philly. Their D will still be very solid. Everyone talks about them loosing vincent and taylor, and says they are gonna be starting 2 new CB's, but that isn't true. Remember last year, vincent and taylor were hurt a good portion of the year, and sheldon brown and lito shepard stepped in and looked great. This is why the eagles decided to let both CB's go in the offseason. The eagles have one of the best d coordinators in the game, and he seems to be able to plug any player into his system and do well with them. Hugh douglas excelled in johnson's D, and fizzled in jacksonville, expect kearse to excell as well in philly, if he can stay healthy. Dhani Jones was a great addition to their LB corp. You would be crazy to think their D won't be top 10 again. As for their offense, even if TO is as overrated as you say he is, he still upgrades their WR corp by a ton. Westbrook will have a breakout year, if you don't count what he did last year, a breakout year. Buckhalter is also a solid back. They will be fine in the running game, without duce. Also, mcNabb seemed to start running the ball towards the end of last year again, so that will help their rushing attack, much like daunte does for us. One more weapon they have on offense, is TE lj smith. He started to get in sync with McNabb at the end of last year, and should be a good target for him this year in the passing game. Personally I don't think it is crazy at all to expect Philly to be good again. I think that the Vikes/philly game will be a great game, definately the game of the week. Moss will however, show TO again that he is the best WR in the game.
    First of Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard never looked very good in starting roles, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. Kearse is a big IF he stays healthy as he hasn't played a full season in his past three I beleive. Both of their running backs had a mediocre year last year, what makes you think they will "break out" this year? They got Dhani jones, but lost a better player in my opinion in Carlos Emmons. They will still be a good D, but they were pretty bad against the run last year (and didn't do much to improve that), they lost alot of experience with their corners and look to be worse against the pass. They will still be a playoff team, but they won't make it very far.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

In addition to IStallion's cogent argument, please note that Michael Bennett stands a high chance of having an even bigger game than Randy Moss against these Eagles. Because their corners are rather lowsy tacklers, and their linebackers, though good, are no match for Bennett in terms of lateral speed, will get burned for some huge runs. Somebody blocks Dawkins out of the play and Bennett is gone every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:

First of Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard never looked very good in starting roles, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. Kearse is a big IF he stays healthy as he hasn't played a full season in his past three I beleive. Both of their running backs had a mediocre year last year, what makes you think they will "break out" this year? They got Dhani jones, but lost a better player in my opinion in Carlos Emmons. They will still be a good D, but they were pretty bad against the run last year (and didn't do much to improve that), they lost alot of experience with their corners and look to be worse against the pass. They will still be a playoff team, but they won't make it very far.

Actaully both brown and shepard played good as starters last year, not only in my opinion, but the coaches as well. Reid was asked why he would let both pro bowl caliber CB's go, without signing any other good CB's and he said it was because of what he and johnson saw from shepard and brown last year. I agree with the coaches, that brown and shepard played well last year, and with more experience, will be even better this season. Did you think that the patriots secondary would be fine, when they got rid of their experience last year, in milloy? Experience isn't everything.

Brian westbrook had 613 yards with only 117 carries. That is a 5.2 average per carry. He also had 7 rushing TD's, 37 catches for 332 yards and 4 receiveing TD's I wouldn't call that mediocre, considering he was sharing time with buckhalter and duce. I said westbrook would have a breakout year, not both RB's. I said buckhalter was a solid back, and he is. He had 542 yards on 126 carries. That is a good 4.3 yards per carry average. He rushed for 8 TD's. These are #'s of a solid RB, who was sharing carries with 2 other backs. Both guys should be even better with more playing time. Westbrook is a big play RB, something duce was not. Their running game will be fine.

Emmons better than dhani? Emmons in 15 games last year had 84 total tackles, 64 solo, 0 sacks and 5 pass def. Dhani in 16 games had 120 total tackles, 93 solo, 3 sacks, and 4 pass def. I see dhani as an upgrade over emmons. I also see kearse as a big upgrade at DE. If we as vikes fans can expect Robinson to be a big upgrade at WR, with his injury past, we shouldn't be questioning others for saying kearse is an upgrade. I don't expect players to get hurt, when evaluating a team, because it is impossible to predict injuries. They also had a lot of injuries on their D-line last year, which could account for their bad run d. Jones will also help their run d out much better than emmons did.

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    In addition to IStallion's cogent argument, please note that Michael Bennett stands a high chance of having an even bigger game than Randy Moss against these Eagles. Because their corners are rather lowsy tacklers, and their linebackers, though good, are no match for Bennett in terms of lateral speed, will get burned for some huge runs. Somebody blocks Dawkins out of the play and Bennett is gone every time.

This is something I would have no problem with. I do however, want to see moss show up TO again.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"The Vikings are favored to win the NFL Central"
    if they cant get the north part right, they should at least get the nfc part right instead of putting NFL Central

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Extremely hard, but still possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast