Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Athlon Sports Pro Football Review

The Vikings are favored to win the NFL Central, Green Bay is second, Detroit is third with Chicago last.
    In the draft Detroit got an A+, the Vikings recieved an A. Chicago got a B- with Green Bay only getting a C.
    This book also states East will be the toughest division in the NFC.
    The one thing I really liked see was that Culpepper has worked very hard in the off-season on his pass reads but he still needs to fumble less. An very good draft with the free agent pick-ups in the off-season have made for a good forcast.
    The down side is that Philly beats the Vikings in the NFC Final only to lose to New England in the Super Bowl
    can we clone Bud Grant?

That would be an interesting NFC championship. I mean, somebody's gotta win, right?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Philly won't make the NFC Championship. Everyone is overhyping McNabb to Owens. Also, they have 2 new starting corners, a injury-prone line, crappy LB's, no running game, and no good recivers after Owens.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Philly won't make the NFC Championship. Everyone is overhyping McNabb to Owens. Also, they have 2 new starting corners, a injury-prone line, crappy LB's, no running game, and no good recivers after Owens.
    Do you really think Dhani Jones and Mark Simoneau are crappy LBs? Simoneau had a solid year last year as the Mike and Dhani Jones was one of the best in the league last year with the Giants. Also I don't think their running game will suffer much with the loss of overrated Duce Staley...Westbrook and Buckhalter will work just fine for them.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Maybey I should take the claim about the LB's back.....
    I think their running game will be complete crap, but that's just me.

Also, the odds are against them, it's very hard to make the NFC championship 4 years in a row.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

We've got em' this year. I have lots of faith that we are the best team in the NFC this year. If people don't realize it yet, they will soon enough. I see us having more offense this year than in '98, with a top ten defense to go with it. It's gonna be sweet!

:rr: ccasion5: :rr:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Athlon Sports Pro Football Review

"dan3ski" wrote:
    The Vikings are favored to win the NFL Central, Green Bay is second, Detroit is third with Chicago last.
    In the draft Detroit got an A+, the Vikings recieved an A. Chicago got a B- with Green Bay only getting a C.
    The one thing I really liked see was that Culpepper has worked very hard in the off-season on his pass reads but he still needs to fumble less. An very good draft with the free agent pick-ups in the off-season have made for a good forcast.
    The down side is that Philly beats the Vikings in the NFC Final only to lose to New England in the Super Bowl
    uhhhhhhhhh does that say NFL CENTRAL??? if they cant get the division right, can we trust their picks?

Re: Athlon Sports Pro Football Review

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "dan3ski" wrote:
    uhhhhhhhhh does that say NFL CENTRAL??? if they cant get the division right, can we trust their picks?
    lol

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Sorry my fault but I do still call it the central as old habits die hard! It was the central before Tampa bay joined and it should have been left the central now that they are gone. I alwas felt the new division was the only name that should have been added, and that was the south.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Viking_Spirit: The Bills did it in the late 90's. 4 straight AFC Championship games. The Vikings got to the NFC Championship game 4 times in 5 years between 73-77.
    73- Beat Cowboys 27-10 Lose to Dolphins
    74- Beat LA Rams 14-10 Lose to Steelers
    75- lose in Divisional Playoff to Dallas 17-14
    76- Beat LA Rams 24-13 Lose to Raiders
    77- Lost to Dallas 23-6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast