Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    This was a good article and Im glad someone wrote it.
    Being a GA native I have grown up a UGA fan.
    I was so excited when the Vikes to Allen.
    He is a good corner and has good ball instincts.
    He also doesnt mind laying some wood on somebody.


    Like I said in the Ravens post-game thread.
    I wish they would give him a chance as I dont see Paymah being a good back-up.
    Plus they wont lose anything in special teams as Allen was a 2-time all-SEC special teams player.
    No drop-off on special teams.

  3. #3
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    Yay!

    And Booty was released again.. Good day

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    241

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    "purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    This was a good article and Im glad someone wrote it.
    Being a GA native I have grown up a UGA fan.
    I was so excited when the Vikes to Allen.
    He is a good corner and has good ball instincts.
    He also doesnt mind laying some wood on somebody.


    Like I said in the Ravens post-game thread.
    I wish they would give him a chance as I dont see Paymah being a good back-up.
    Plus they wont lose anything in special teams as Allen was a 2-time all-SEC special teams player.
    No drop-off on special teams.
    Living in Georgia, I had to watch UGA beat UF that one year, which sucked cause I had to turn my phone off and lock my dorm room to avoid embarassment by all my friends, but watching Allen I was impressed. I think he has the potential to be a next Darren Sharper. What part of GA do live in?
    Sean Saunders

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    Gwinnett.
    Yea that was a great game for UGA fans....too bad it only happens once every 10 years.

  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    "V4L" wrote:
    Yay!

    And Booty was released again.. Good day
    Poor bastard...barely got his shit unpacked and he's walking his ass back out the door again.

  7. #7
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    I like Allen. He needs to get on the field.
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #8
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    694

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    get him in now! paymah and sapp are garbage!

    thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

    and yes... that just happened!

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Yay!

    And Booty was released again.. Good day
    Poor bastard...barely got his pooh unpacked and he's walking his jiggly butt back out the door again.
    Anyone taking odds on JDB and if he is gonna be on our roster next year.
    Hell, released outright twice now with no one picking him up.
    Wonder if anyone will get him this time.

    LOL, cracks me up when I sit back and remember the heated debates that were had on here about the risk of trying to let him slide to the PS and keeping TJ on the roster.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Asher Allen moves one foot closer to playing time

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Yay!

    And Booty was released again.. Good day
    Poor bastard...barely got his pooh unpacked and he's walking his jiggly butt back out the door again.
    Anyone taking odds on JDB and if he is gonna be on our roster next year.
    Hell, released outright twice now with no one picking him up.
    Wonder if anyone will get him this time.

    LOL, cracks me up when I sit back and remember the heated debates that were had on here about the risk of trying to let him slide to the PS and keeping TJ on the roster.

    ;D
    lol, it does seem funny.
    I think perhaps one thing playing into it was the fact that we didn't really expect Thigpen to get snatched up like he did.
    Now we're all ready to jump the gun on any old scrub.
    One thing that surprised me about Booty was the only thing positive he ever showed us during the 2 years on the roster was that he played at USC...that is it.
    He sucked in practice and he sucked in preseason.
    All he did was sucked, and he did it well.


    I still hope the best for him though.
    Maybe he'll have an epiphany, get resigned and take the Vikings to the glory land in a couple years.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How about that Asher Allen?
    By Mike Bullock in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 06:48 AM
  2. Round 3: Vikings select Asher Allen
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 12:09 PM
  3. Asher Allen reminds Antoine Winfield of himself
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM
  4. Asher Allen Signed
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 06:55 AM
  5. Moss moves closer to playing sunday....
    By XTAP59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •