Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: A article on Zygi and the Stadium by- MJ Goodnow

"faninphx" wrote:
    There's a few things I have never understood about the new stadium and I'm hoping someone will show me where I'm wrong.
    Why don't the Vikes build a dome instead of a retractable roof stadium?
    It would shave off about 150 million and could be built more quickly.
    If that's the case, we could even build the new dome in place of the old dome (saving even more money).
    Even though we would have to set up shop in the new gopher's stadium for a year.

I've never been to Minny, but I understand it gets really cold really quickly so it would probably end up being a dome for most of the year anyways.
    Well,

We already have one.

faninphx is offline Starter

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:
    There's a few things I have never understood about the new stadium and I'm hoping someone will show me where I'm wrong.
    If that's the case, we could even build the new dome in place of the old dome (saving even more money).
    Even though we would have to set up shop in the new gopher's stadium for a year.

I've never been to Minny, but I understand it gets really cold really quickly so it would probably end up being a dome for most of the year anyways.
    Well,

We already have one.

I meant one that actually generates revenue.

Vikes hire my company at the dome. We have a huge stake in the Metrodome. I keep saying what's happening down there, where I mother loving work, every time these stadium speculation threads come up. I try to say what I can say of what I know, but if you people want to keep sweating this, go ahead. There is no lease, there is no move. Tentative plan is to build using the lower seats as a start off, SAVING $200 MILLION. Zygi and his money men probably have looked at the issue from all sides, so speculating "durrr, maybe a dome? Maybe you should just foot the entire bill. we beg you," isn't doing anything. Have a drink and wait the MSFC situation out before getting a gol 'darnit ulcer.

AGAIN, the 2011 lease is too close for a stadium to be built. Zygi would be packing bags for LA if that was his only option. Chill out.

Blog Entries

"faninphx" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:

Well,

We already have one.

This one is paid for, a new one would have a mortgage. If you cannot generate revenue in a stadium that is paid for, what makes you think that a new dome would change that?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Good plea Neph. Hopefully his passion for the game (and the Vikings) can match that of his love for the Giants. But when all's said and done, it's a business and he's a businessman. His real estate expertise can only go so far.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Nephilim" wrote:
    I am sure Zygi has passion for his team that he owns and will want to do something here in Minnesota.
    How can Zygi have passion for a team where the residents of MN don't even have enough passion to sell out.
    Isn't watching AD, JA, Williams Wall, Winfield, and now Favre not enough?
    Those are some of top players at their position in the NFL.

The Vikings are the worst franchise financially in the NFL.
    It makes it even worse if because they are one of the best teams and is losing money hand over foot.
    Zygi is pumping money into the Vikes to build a champion to attract a stadium.
    A stadium that will make the Vikings one of the better financially and be able to sustain their competitiveness.

I imagine the days of Red or grieving are ahead, if something isn't done.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It is a good plea, but unfortunately one that is completely unrealistic.
    The fact remains that the majority of NFL owners cannot afford to build stadiums privately.
    $1 billion is a LOT of capital for the ownership group of the NFL's lowest revenue grossing franchise.

I think that the stadium deal will get done.
    The Vikings are doing a good job of making good faith efforts in Minnesota.
    When the economy recovers (next couple of years), I expect the state to act on the good faith and go in on the stadium with the Vikings.
    I wish it wasn't too late to change the UoF stadium design.
    Stupidest move ever to build a brand new stadium that does NOT meet NFL standards.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:

Well,

We already have one.

This one is paid for, a new one would have a mortgage. If you cannot generate revenue in a stadium that is paid for, what makes you think that a new dome would change that?
    Sucks when common sense rears its ugly head and rains on my parade!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:

Well,

We already have one.

LOL.
    You know why the Vikings are low in revenue so don't act like you don't.
    There's plenty of revenue being generated by the Dome.
    It just doesn't go into the pockets of the Vikings.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "faninphx" wrote:

Well,

We already have one.

LOL.
    You know why the Vikings are low in revenue so don't act like you don't.
    There's plenty of revenue being generated by the Dome.
    It just doesn't go into the pockets of the Vikings.

=Z=
    Lets get this straight.

They are low in revenue but at the same time there is plenty of revenue being generated? ???

In a nutshell we need to wait for the lease to expire, disband the MSFC, sell the stadium to Wilf for $1 and let him remodel it however he wants. The state can help him finance it through TIF or PILOT incentives and we can get the state out of operating it entirely.

Is that what you were trying to say?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast