Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

We have had our share of bad calls over the years.
    The football gods have not been good to us.
    It all started in 1975 with the playoff loss to Dallas.
    Why is it that I can remember losing games because of bad officiating, but I cannot recall one single victory where the officials helped us win a game.
    Is it selective memory?
    Can anyone remember a bad call going against any of our opponents that enabled us to win a game that we should have lost?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikingivan" wrote:
    Why is it that I can remember losing games because of bad officiating, but I cannot recall one single victory where the officials helped us win a game.
    Is it selective memory?
    Can anyone remember a bad call going against any of our opponents that enabled us to win a game that we should have lost?
    Good teams win despite bad calls.
    Blaming the ref's bad call for us losing the game is a lot like blaming Gary Anderson's missed field goal for us not going to the super bowl in 98.
    There were plenty of other things that could have happened in both games that would have rendered both plays moot.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Is it selective memory?
    Blaming the ref's bad call for us losing the game is a lot like blaming Gary Anderson's missed field goal for us not going to the super bowl in 98.
    There were plenty of other things that could have happened in both games that would have rendered both plays moot.
    Some good teams win despite bad calls, not all.
    How were we to overcome the terrible call at the end of the Dallas playoff game in 75?
    I don't blame Gary Anderson for losing that game in 98.
    I blame the coaches Billick and Green.
    But in the end, that game did not turn on officiating.
    The game was decided on the field.
    Players and Coaches should win or lose games.
    Not officials.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Is it selective memory?

Your first statement is partialy true.
    but Gary Anderson missing the FG, did lose that game for us, thats just a plain fact, because I put my foot thru my friends wall when he missed it and I said so then, that we will lose now because of that, which we did..

Bad ref calls can make you lose also, it's a fact that some games are won with that one or two speical plays, just as can be said, one or two bad ref calls against you, espiecaly when they take points off the board, can easily make you lose a game that surely should have been yours.....And I've seen it happen twice this season so far against the Vikings... >

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully these questionable calls start to even out. We need things to balance out. Just would like to see us not be in a posistion for a lousy call to take the game from us. It is a percentage thing and it has to swing our way eventually. It won't be any easier this weekend on the road in Chicago.

Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Is it selective memory?

Your first statement is partialy true.
    but Gary Anderson missing the FG, did lose that game for us, thats just a plain fact, because I put my foot thru my friends wall when he missed it and I said so then, that we will lose now because of that, which we did..

Bad ref calls can make you lose also, it's a fact that some games are won with that one or two speical plays, just as can be said, one or two bad ref calls against you, espiecaly when they take points off the board, can easily make you lose a game that surely should have been yours.....And I've seen it happen twice this season so far against the Vikings... >
    I disagree.
    Green running the clock lost the game for us.
    The dropped pass to Moss (which would have been a TD) lost the game for us.
    Allowing Atlanta to put together a 71-yard, eight-play drive in overtime lost the game for us.
    Just because Anderson would have won the game had he made the FG, doesn't mean that he lost it when he missed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Is it selective memory?
    How were we to overcome the terrible call at the end of the Dallas playoff game in 75? I don't blame Gary Anderson for losing that game in 98.
    Not officials.
    Had we not allowed the 10 points prior to the Hail Mary, it would have been moot.

The Cowboys got the ball at their own 15 yard line with less than two minutes left in the game.
    Yet the vaunted Purple People Eater defense let Staubach march down the field to the 50 with 24 seconds left on the clock.
    Had the defense held, the noncall would have been moot.

Many, many things go into winning or losing a game.
    Yes, the call was horse shit.
    Yes, it gave Dallas a TD that they didn't earn.
    No, it didn't lose the game for us.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Is it selective memory?
    How were we to overcome the terrible call at the end of the Dallas playoff game in 75? I don't blame Gary Anderson for losing that game in 98.
    Not officials.
    Had we not allowed the 10 points prior to the Hail Mary, it would have been moot.

The Cowboys got the ball at their own 15 yard line with less than two minutes left in the game.
    Yet the vaunted Purple People Eater defense let Staubach march down the field to the 50 with 24 seconds left on the clock.
    Had the defense held, the noncall would have been moot.

Many, many things go into winning or losing a game.
    Yes, the call was horse pooh.
    Yes, it gave Dallas a TD that they didn't earn.
    No, it didn't lose the game for us.
    How did that non call not lose the game for us?
    C'mon Paul.
    Without that touchdown the Cowboys would have lost the game.
    What do you mean allow 10 points before the hail mary?
    Holding the Cowboys led by Roger Staubach to 10 points is pretty impressive.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The refs SUCK!!!
    I vote instant replay for EVERY PLAY!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The refs SUCK!!!
    I vote instant replay for EVERY PLAY!!!
    Didn't they replay the non-fumble for Korey Hall? Even replay has its limitations.. plus it sucks to have to still and watch the clown walk into the phone booth.. like it is some national secret taking place in the booth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast