Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    Wow...you folks around here are creative and funny....practically died laughing with the Pics of Madden and Farve...As to the thread itself, I found it interesting that this guy Hockuli even admitted this to anybody outside of his NFL buddies.

    In any case...calls are missed all the time. It's part of the game. Winning on the road is always tuff because you fight the crowd and the officials most of the time. We got shanked but maybe next time we will catch a break?? You just never know how any game will be called. Even replay gets it wrong sometimes.

    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  2. #12
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Wow...you folks around here are creative and funny....practically died laughing with the Pics of Madden and Farve...As to the thread itself, I found it interesting that this guy Hockuli even admitted this to anybody outside of his NFL buddies.

    In any case...calls are missed all the time. It's part of the game. Winning on the road is always tuff because you fight the crowd and the officials most of the time. We got shanked but maybe next time we will catch a break?? You just never know how any game will be called. Even replay gets it wrong sometimes.

    Cheers!
    I can understand a call or two not going your way when you are the visiting team.
    It doesn't make it right but I can understand.
    However, the Vikings seem to get screwed when they are at home as well.
    The Packer game was in MN and the calls were so damned biased it was pathetic

  3. #13
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Wow...you folks around here are creative and funny....practically died laughing with the Pics of Madden and Farve...As to the thread itself, I found it interesting that this guy Hockuli even admitted this to anybody outside of his NFL buddies.

    In any case...calls are missed all the time. It's part of the game. Winning on the road is always tuff because you fight the crowd and the officials most of the time. We got shanked but maybe next time we will catch a break?? You just never know how any game will be called. Even replay gets it wrong sometimes.

    Cheers!
    I can understand a call or two not going your way when you are the visiting team.
    It doesn't make it right but I can understand.
    However, the Vikings seem to get screwed when they are at home as well.
    The Packer game was in MN and the calls were so damned biased it was pathetic
    I think the officials had a little Favre lovefest going on, I can't blame them though considering even the Vikings fans cheered when he scored the first TD(not all and definetly not me) plus there were about 10,000 packer fans in the dome so maybe the officials were confused as to who the home team was.

  4. #14
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    Here is a little



    for all the whining about the calls.. they didn't say they missed the calls for the Vikings.. it is just your biased assumptions.







    BTW... playcalling in the second half killed your team, not the calls by the crew.

  5. #15
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    "pack93z" wrote:
    Here is a little



    for all the whining about the calls.. they didn't say they missed the calls for the Vikings.. it is just your biased assumptions.







    BTW... playcalling in the second half killed your team, not the calls by the crew.
    By the way, did you watch the same game we did?
    Why don't you name one call that was wrong against the Pack?
    I can name at least 4 against the Vikings that were either called or missed.


    1 - The fumble where the whistle blew before the play was actually over.
    2- The OL for the Pack sticking both hands in Ray Edwards' face mask.
    3 - Another play where Edwards was held rediculously and there was no call.
    4 - Several PI calls that weren't called (especially the one at the end of the game).

    I can see where the calls are close.
    Like I said one or two here and there.
    However, this game was rediculous.
    You can call it whining all you want.
    Just remember this.
    I will say that you shouldn't put yourself in the position to lose because of the Refs.
    That's true.
    However, it doesn't make it right either.
    It's the difference from being at very least 2-2 right now if not 3-1.
    I'm not saying the Vikes would have beaten the Pack but they would have beaten the Chiefs for sure and most likely the Lions if it weren't for calls.

    Now call it whining.
    I call it venting.

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    "pack93z" wrote:
    Here is a little



    for all the whining about the calls.. they didn't say they missed the calls for the Vikings.. it is just your biased assumptions.







    BTW... playcalling in the second half killed your team, not the calls by the crew.
    Edward G. "Ed" Hochuli[2] (pronounced HOCK-u-lee) (born December 25, 1950 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hochuli

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    All "what ifs" aside, fact is we're 1-2.
    Good teams figure out a way to win, no excuses.

    -PurplePackerEater

    We had our chances folks.

  8. #18
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    All "what ifs" aside, fact is we're 1-2.
    Good teams figure out a way to win, no excuses.

    -PurplePackerEater

    We had our chances folks.
    Actually Ultra we are 1-3
    ;D
    You are right.
    No excuses.
    They did have opportunities to win each and every game.
    It still doesn't take away the fact the officiating hasn't made it easy.

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    All "what ifs" aside, fact is we're 1-2.
    Good teams figure out a way to win, no excuses.

    -PurplePackerEater

    We had our chances folks.
    The fact that were 1-3 holds no bearing on the bad calls. It doesn't matter if were 0-4 or 4-0, those were still bad calls.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Article on officiating in the Vikings/ Packers game

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Here is a little



    for all the whining about the calls.. they didn't say they missed the calls for the Vikings.. it is just your biased assumptions.







    BTW... playcalling in the second half killed your team, not the calls by the crew.
    By the way, did you watch the same game we did?
    Why don't you name one call that was wrong against the Pack?
    I can name at least 4 against the Vikings that were either called or missed.


    1 - The fumble where the whistle blew before the play was actually over.
    2- The OL for the Pack sticking both hands in Ray Edwards' face mask.
    3 - Another play where Edwards was held rediculously and there was no call.
    4 - Several PI calls that weren't called (especially the one at the end of the game).

    I can see where the calls are close.
    Like I said one or two here and there.
    However, this game was rediculous.
    You can call it whining all you want.
    Just remember this.
    I will say that you shouldn't put yourself in the position to lose because of the Refs.
    That's true.
    However, it doesn't make it right either.
    It's the difference from being at very least 2-2 right now if not 3-1.
    I'm not saying the Vikes would have beaten the Pack but they would have beaten the Chiefs for sure and most likely the Lions if it weren't for calls.

    Now call it whining.
    I call it venting.
    The only one I can agree with is the first one.
    Honestly, the others happen all the time and they can be called either way.
    The fumble is the only one where I think the officials really blew it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings get "flag happy" officiating crew
    By TNViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
  2. Her first Vikings Packers game
    By VikingsFan4Lyfe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 08:42 AM
  3. Packers Vikings game
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 12:53 AM
  4. Vikings-Packers Game on DVD
    By ChiTownVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 02:44 AM
  5. The Packers @ Vikings Christmas Eve Game
    By MossWilliamsHenderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 06:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •