magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Article on Irvin playin safety?

Can sumwun with viking update plz post the article about kenny playin safety much appreciated thanks

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Article on Irvin playin safety?

I hear ya magicci. Somebody's got to be "in" on Viking Update to at least give us the details of what it says.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Vikgarten is offline Waterboy

Am I the only one who's rear end is completely chaffed about VU having the nads to charge viking fans for this information?

What are they basing this pieve of ultra secret "inside" information on? Irvin's showing during the latest mini-camp?

It just seems ridiculous that they make money off of Viking fans in search of the latest tid-bits...

It wouldn't be so bad if the official site was worth a dam... but it's just as bad. It doesn't charge you for information thank God, but then again, it just doesn't have any information to charge for!

How pathetic. There are some great official sites out there for some of the other teams. Sites that offer the latest news and info, audio, message forums and a quick loading page... we get that doofus with the big head advertising for the Vikings Merchandise Shop, and a page that takes 20 minutes to load and then has no information on it once it does!

Why don't you guys petition to just be the official site and have NFL.com link here instead of there? Would that be a realistic thing to have happen?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikgarten, it's true that the Vikings main website is generally not up to date. I did find a nice quote from Mike Tice referring to Irvin, at:

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_TiceQuotes51905.html

The guys that stood out in my mind, Sam Cowart certainly has made a difference in there with his quarterbacking skills at middle linebacker. He's calling things out, leading the defense, making adjustments. He's been absolutely brilliant and excellent. He has certainly shown that he has enough juice left in that body to be an excellent player. Ken Irvin, with (Darren) Sharper over in Europe and (Dustin) Fox not being able to be here because of the Ohio State graduation thing, we plugged Ken Irvin into safety and it looks like he's been there for 10 years. He's had an excellent week of football for us. Our defensive front, some might argue right now and say the secondary is the strength of our defense, but our defensive front is pretty good, pretty athletic. Darrion Scott looked very good inside in the nickel pass rush, which is what we needed to have an inside guy to complement Kevin (Williams) and certainly he looks like he can be that guy for us. Erasmus James is what we thought he was when we drafted him. I think you guys were able to watch him practicing and see him making a lot of plays out there. He has tremendous speed, tremendous get off the ball. I thought Kenechi had a very good week also. So, front-wise I like our athleticism. I like the leadership guys like Pat Williams and Sam Cowart are giving us. Of course our two corners we can put against anybody and the young corners, you saw (Laroni) Gallishaw make another play and (Adrian) Ward has had an excellent week. Our young corners are stepping up to the challenge and showing that we've got a good young group also.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

If they are thinking about moving Irvin to saftey,that goes back to my thread then.Who will be our dime package back?And,does Fox have a shot at it?
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    Am I the only one who's rear end is completely chaffed about VU having the nads to charge viking fans for this information?

What are they basing this pieve of ultra secret "inside" information on? Irvin's showing during the latest mini-camp?

It just seems ridiculous that they make money off of Viking fans in search of the latest tid-bits...

It wouldn't be so bad if the official site was worth a dam... but it's just as bad. It doesn't charge you for information thank God, but then again, it just doesn't have any information to charge for!

How pathetic. There are some great official sites out there for some of the other teams. Sites that offer the latest news and info, audio, message forums and a quick loading page... we get that doofus with the big head advertising for the Vikings Merchandise Shop, and a page that takes 20 minutes to load and then has no information on it once it does!

Why don't you guys petition to just be the official site and have NFL.com link here instead of there? Would that be a realistic thing to have happen?
    Here is one of his posts...rabble rouser, just like I thought!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE