Thread: Aren't you glad

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Aren't you glad

Just watching the weather. Aren't you glad we are playing in a dome considering the temps in the Twin Cities. I know some of you think its macho to be out in -30 weather but lets face it, how many passes do you think Moss is catching in that kind of weather? How many fumbles is C-Pep giving up with a frozen ball? I am all for a new stadium but it really needs to be a dome of some kind. One of the reasons they built the dome in the first place was because it was thought that we were losing our chance at the end of the season because of the weather and lack of practice time in the playoffs. I can remember the Vikes having to get on a plane and fly south just to practice during the week because of a frozen field.

Go Vikings :cheers:

WWBGD

Aren't you glad

I still say the new stadium should have a retractable roof. Not saying we should open it on a days like this, but it would still be nice to get a sort of advantage against some southern teams who aren't used to playing in colder weather and snow.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

deviking is offline Rookie

Aren't you glad

Anyone remember when they had the superbowl at the dome and it was like -30 outside yeah that would have been awsome.

All those freezing people lmao that would have been funny as hell.
    [img:2c772403b6]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/DUEviking.jpg[/img:2c772403b6]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Aren't you glad

As much as the vikes are known for outside weather i have often thought of wether the stadium needs to be indoor our outdoor. I personally think it should be a dome. You know the weather isnt gonna determen the game, offense is WAY funner, bombs ect... I just like dome games, the loud crowd, explosive offenses, i would build a dome.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Aren't you glad

"RK" wrote:
    Just watching the weather. Aren't you glad we are playing in a dome considering the temps in the Twin Cities. I know some of you think its macho to be out in -30 weather but lets face it, how many passes do you think Moss is catching in that kind of weather? How many fumbles is C-Pep giving up with a frozen ball? I am all for a new stadium but it really needs to be a dome of some kind. One of the reasons they built the dome in the first place was because it was thought that we were losing our chance at the end of the season because of the weather and lack of practice time in the playoffs. I can remember the Vikes having to get on a plane and fly south just to practice during the week because of a frozen field.

Go Vikings :cheers:
    I disagree. I believe when we played outside, we had a tremendous home field advantage. We went to four superbowls playing outside.

None so far playing indoors.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Aren't you glad

A good cold weather team that plays outdoors has a much bigger home field advantage than a dome team. Look at our record during the days of the old Met. Look at our home playoff record during those years. If we ever could have played one of those Super Bowls up north it would have been a different story.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Aren't you glad

I disagree. I believe when we played outside, we had a tremendous home field advantage. We went to four super bowls playing outside
    We didn't go the the Super Bowl in those years because we played outside. :P You could just as easily say we lost Super Bowls because we played out side and couldn't get the practice we needed to win a Super Bowl. We went to the Super Bowl because Bud Grant was our coach and we had an incredible defense in those years.

If you are depending on the weather to win games for you, your team sucks. The Super Bowl will never be played outside in below zero temps and snow. Never ever. Being able to play in that kind of weather will not help you win a Super Bowl. Lamboo field will never host a Super Bowl. Not to mention that a lot of really great players don't want to play in a place that might keep them out of the record books. Playing in frostbite weather isn't all that much fun for most players. It makes for entertaining TV but thats about it. :P

Retractable roof on a dome would be my preference.

WWBGD

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Aren't you glad

They need to put a temp. standard to when to close the roof...Even if its like 20F and snowing I say let it snow...But if its -20 then close the son of a gun....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill