Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Re:Apparently BB isn't as fast as AP

Formo wrote:
    Sajid, that's what the media does. You succeed by the media, and you burn by the media. There is no happy medium.

I lol'd at most of the posts about this.

But, to be fair, I don't think AP's ticket went public until AFTER BB got his. So I believe you can't use the whole "Didn't he learn from AP's mistake?!" angle.

Hey, at least he used the right road to go speeding on. 694 (especially that stretch) is nearly PERFECT to hit 104MPH on. I'll give him that over AP.
    LOL yea I know Formo, and i agree with you.. But its like cant you come up with a more important article than speeding tickets. I wouldnt be surprised if AP farts loud in public, theyll probaby make an article about that too.. LOL I can see it now..

Title: GAS-MAN.. Leaving defenders behind.. LMAO

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Pretty soon the whole team is going to need babysitters to drive them around

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Pretty soon the whole team is going to need babysitters to drive them around
    Isn't that Chilly's job?
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So the Saints think they have great team speed do they? Well, I beg to differ.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

In breaking news, Brad Childress and Zygi Wilf have bought up a collection of old VW Bugs. These babies are world-renowned for not being able to break 60 mph going down hill with a tail wind.

Each player on the team will be issued one of these vehicles for the remainder of the season while their personal vehicles will be placed in storage until they are shipped to Miami in early 2010.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

whackthepack wrote:
    Apparently Bernard isn't as fast as Ap he was only doing 104 when he was pulled over.

http://wcco.com/local/bernard.berrian.speeding.2.1351111.html

The State Patrol says wide receiver Bernard Berrian was driving an Audi vehicle 104 miles per hour in a 60-mile-per-hour zone Monday night. :woohoo:

They didn't get the hint from AP that getting busted driving over a 100 miles an hour doesn't look good for the team.
    From the article linked above:
    "These are two individuals who've been around and they are adults and they realize how to be behave, and they got caught for their actions. So that's the message I'd like people to take home. If you're going to conduct your driving behavior that ridiculous, then be prepared to pay the consequences."
    They are public figures. They carry clout with football fans in MN. They can be made examples just like it is stated above. Hopefully this will make people think. If BB would have known about AD's ticket, he might have been watching his speed more closely. I doubt if the word got around when he was clocked on Monday.

The positive point as a normal non-high profile citizen you can rest knowing the the celebs are being treated like you get treated. If it wasn't such a high speed, they might have gave them a warning, maybe! But they did get tickets, right?

They each deserve the natural consequences that every citizen gets that does the same violation. It was a violation, not a crime. They have actually paid the price more than you and I by being called out in the media. That also is a natural consequence of the situation. Personally, I think that is enough to fit their violations.

If Wilf needs to make an example of them so be it that is his decision. That also will be a natural consequence and a new precedent for the Viking players.

Sammy Hagar said it best. "Take my license and all that jive, I can't drive 55."

snowinapril wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    Apparently Bernard isn't as fast as Ap he was only doing 104 when he was pulled over.

http://wcco.com/local/bernard.berrian.speeding.2.1351111.html

The State Patrol says wide receiver Bernard Berrian was driving an Audi vehicle 104 miles per hour in a 60-mile-per-hour zone Monday night. :woohoo:

They didn't get the hint from AP that getting busted driving over a 100 miles an hour doesn't look good for the team.
    "These are two individuals who've been around and they are adults and they realize how to be behave, and they got caught for their actions. So that's the message I'd like people to take home. If you're going to conduct your driving behavior that ridiculous, then be prepared to pay the consequences."
    They are public figures. They carry clout with football fans in MN. They can be made examples just like it is stated above. Hopefully this will make people think. If BB would have known about AD's ticket, he might have been watching his speed more closely. I doubt if the word got around when he was clocked on Monday.

The positive point as a normal non-high profile citizen you can rest knowing the the celebs are being treated like you get treated. If it wasn't such a high speed, they might have gave them a warning, maybe! But they did get tickets, right?

They each deserve the natural consequences that every citizen gets that does the same violation. It was a violation, not a crime. They have actually paid the price more than you and I by being called out in the media. That also is a natural consequence of the situation. Personally, I think that is enough to fit their violations.

If Wilf needs to make an example of them so be it that is his decision. That also will be a natural consequence and a new precedent for the Viking players.

Sammy Hagar said it best. "Take my license and all that jive, I can't drive 55."
    Just like driving under the influence, reckless driving puts far more people at risk, then just yourself. What if he lost control, jumped a curb or median and ran into oncoming traffic.
    Being ostrisized by the media means shit to me. They are professional athletes, media attention is built in. It's the rule, NOT the exception.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Saint Cloud, all I can say is Malik Sealy. We all head out the door each day and make decisions and we all have to live with the consequences of our decisions. We may be innocent like Malik or we may be guilty like Donte Stallworth. We may even be a victim of laws that we don't understand, like Plax. We will all get the consequences that are due to us.

I will not hold anything against BB or AD for what they did. I will not cast any stones at those too when my house is made of glass also. Neither of them thought they needed to get out of the situation because of who they were. They knew they did wrong and accepted their tickets accordingly.

I have been tough on some of the celebs that have done wrong, but it is usually based on their will to pull one over on us and not so much the act that they committed.

Back to the point that I want to discuss about your post. They didn't hurt anyone. We can play the what if game all we want. Fact is that if the "what if" comes true, there is a set of consequences that follow that they would have to endure.

It is good that it is in the public light. It may make people think about speeding before doing so. Fact is that there are many that will continue to speed or not where their seat belt or run a red light regardless. We can only control our own actions.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

At least BB wouldn't have fumbled his license to the police officer like AP did. I am amazed BB was able to catch anything...
    We're bringing purple back.

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    snowinapril wrote:

Just like driving under the influence, reckless driving puts far more people at risk, then just yourself. What if he lost control, jumped a curb or median and ran into oncoming traffic.
    Being ostrisized by the media means shit to me. They are professional athletes, media attention is built in. It's the rule, NOT the exception.
    I think the sentence after the bold was not calculated in your response. Being called out in the media is a natural consequence of being a public figure. I was saying that I don't think that they should be benched at work.

LOL! Does that violate the same idea as the Star Caps/ Williams Bros where they can't lose our on work because of something outside of work. It isn't the same, but similar. I don't think that either BB or AD would lose any money by sitting out one series. Ahhh, I am done here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12