Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AP vs Green Bay

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

AP vs Green Bay

Last time on the AP channel he was given the ball only 12 times against the Packers, the result...............112 yards and a 9.3 average.
    We attempted 39 passes in that game, can the Pack attack stop All Day?

Keys to the game.

The packers won't have 50 yards rushing, PERIOD!
    But can the Vikes shutdown Favre?
    I think if we can rattle Brett up and get a couple of picks this game is more than winnable.

If Bollinger does in fact start, can he produce better than a 60 percent completion percentage and not turn the ball over while converting at least one big pass play.

Can AP do it again, and have back to back 200 yards games, I won't rule it out with the line looking damn good, and AP's game against the pack earlier this year.

My pick, upset special vikes 28, pack attack 17.
    AP 178 Yards and 2 TDs

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: AP vs Green Bay

i think we can handle favre... i think winfield is playing and he did a hell of a job on driver last game, marcus got burnt on both the td passes but he has gotten better and hopefully he can hold his own..

but yeah there is no way they are running on us.. i would be surprised if they got 50 yards... that is y i want them to play dime like they did last game, they brought in tank and it looked pretty good when they did it...

but 200 yards is a lot to get, but if there is one person in the NFL that can do it.. it could be him.....

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

If we play bump and run outside and keep Sharper and Smith back to prevent the big pass, then I feel we can stop the Packers.
    If we let Favre dink and dunk on us all day, then we could be in for another frustrating game.
    I don't mind mixing in the zones just to throw them off, but the majority of our coverages should be bump and run.

On offense we just need to set up our run with the passing game.
    GB has fast, aggresive LBers and if we can use that against them with play-action and misdirection, our offense could have a few explosive plays.
    Pound the rock w/ AD and CT and have some screen passes...then over the top to Fergy and Rice.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We need to pound the pack with both CT and Adrian, and when we don't run we need to use play action. Screens, draws, and dump passes to AD will keep them close to the line of scrimmage. Whoever gets the start this week, needs to protect the ball, and make good throws when we have somebody open. Our zone blocking has been put to the test with teams stacking the box, and we are the better for it. Our o-line will continue to dominate physically. And unlike the last time we played we will keep feeding Adrian the rock in the second half. I see AP getting 140yrds and 2 TD's this week. But some skillful deception using him as a decoy could open up other things. Keeping the pack D close to the LOS should enable Shiancoe, to get down the middle.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Week 10 AP Best Guess

Packers have a decent run D.. And I don't think he will have a super game

122 and 2 TD's

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

200 Yards rushing and 2 TDs.

Chargers had the 7th best rush defense until we sliced them up. Why couldn't we do it to Green Bay as well. Last game AD had 112 yards on 12 carries. You better believe that Chilly will give him the ball at least 25 times. He is not that dumb!
    :-\

Vikings 24 Packers 21

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

It all depends on Childress. We know he isn't consistent and his play calling is off the wall.

I say AP 17 carries, 102 yards, 1 TD. (Only because we use Chester on the goal line formations the way it looks.)

ORRRR...

Maybe I'm wrong, Chilly doesn't make the same mistake twice against the pack, we rush AP 25 times, get him 175 yards and 2 TD's.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I just dont see him gettin 200 again next week.. So hard to do

"marstc09" wrote:
    200 Yards rushing and 2 TDs.

Chargers had the 7th best rush defense until we sliced them up. Why couldn't we do it to Green Bay as well. Last game AD had 112 yards on 12 carries. You better believe that Chilly will give him the ball at least 25 times. He is not that dumb!
    :-\

Vikings 24 Packers 21

366 yds 7 TD's......JUST KIDDING

I think we are all expecting a little to much out of him. I don't care what his stats are I just care if we get the win.

BTW, Mars I think you have picked us to win every week. Did you make a prediction last week?

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

AP = 27 carries 166 yards 2 tds

4 receptions 54 yards 1 td

vikes romp 31-14
    our only sure-handed receiver

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast