Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP off the PUP

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Run angry.
    We're bringing purple back.

MrFlix is offline Training Camp Dynamite Blast 2 Champion
    I gotta admit, I feel uncomftable seeing him on the field, but I think that's probably gonna be the issue for everybody here just hoping it will be ok because he is important to this team. But I think there is something extra you all should keep in mind.

If he plays in preseason a couple of plays he gets comftable again and only in a game situation he can decide for himself if he is 100%.

I'm glad he is of the PUP list but I think everybody is a bit worried.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Well, duh. You think anything the Vikings' coaches - no matter WHO the coach is - is dumb. I, as usual, will defer to the trainer, doctor and other assorted people who actually know what's going on with him.

=Z=
    Now how can that be. Almost everyone on here seems to think I absolutely love the coaches especially the last HC.

Again, I'm going to give them some slack this year, but not much.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Nobody says it takes two years to come back from these injuries. Hell, you sound like people who think Tommy John surgery still takes 2 years to come back from.

That is all antiquated shit.

The average ACL tear recovery timeline is now no more than 12 months. There are some special cases that are longer, but there are also plenty of cases out there that are 7-9 months. Hell, Philip Rivers played a GAME ON ONE ... and then did not miss any time the next season.

It all depends on the athlete, the severity of the injury, some good or bad luck, setbacks, etc.

Bottom line ... the doctors have said they are OK with him returning. He is OK with returning. There is absolutely no reason to just sit him out 6 weeks.

Claiming that this is for ticket sales is absolutely ridiculous. Does it help there? Yes. But NONE of the doctors are telling them that he should be out for six weeks. It is just arm chair QBs like you saying that he isn't healthy yet and everyone who is paid to make these decisions have ulterior motives.

I would agree that due to missing a shitload of time and getting back into shape, they should not be running the ball with him 25 times a game by season start. But putting him on PUP just for the fuck of it makes no sense either.
    Antiquated....Show me one player that's done it and was 100%. Everyone says it took 2 years to be right.

In the end, I hope your right and he has a hell of a season without dorking it up again and possibly to the extent it ruins what was going to be a hell of a career to watch over time.

AD seems to be with you even though the coaches told the players not to hit him.

Peterson dismisses Jerry Rice as having `just another opinion.' | StarTribune.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    AD seems to be with you even though the coaches told the players not to hit him.
    Our defense must have confused Adrian Peterson with Colin Kapernick last Friday.

It seems silly to compare this to Jerry Rice's injury. He came back in like four months. Once week 1 rolls around, AD will be almost nine months into his recovery. That isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Our defense must have confused Adrian Peterson with Colin Kapernick last Friday.

It seems silly to compare this to Jerry Rice's injury. He came back in like four months. Once week 1 rolls around, AD will be almost nine months into his recovery. That isn't even close.
    LOL, took me a minute to get it.

“The rules are simple,” said safety Jamarca Sanford. “Do not touch 28. If you touch him, you’re cut.”
    Adrian Peterson: New Rules Have Players Afraid to hit Star RB : Minnesota Vikings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12