singersp is offline PPO Newshound

AP: No preseason reps

Vikings decide to not give Adrian Peterson any preseason reps

Vikings decide to not give Adrian Peterson any preseason reps - CBSSports.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Adrian Peterson eyes opening day despite no preseason action

Vikings Notebook: Adrian Peterson eyes opening day despite no preseason action - CBSSports.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MrFlix is offline Training Camp Dynamite Blast 2 Champion
    Well I've mixed feelings about this, I do understand the coaches because imagine if something happened in just pre-season with your star player... I mean that's just messed up the and I think would get alot of negative response.

However not letting him do reps might be a bad thing too cause now he has the time to evaluate himself.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I would have liked to see AD get SOME reps in Friday's game. He hasn't been hit for real since Christmas Eve, and your body needs those preseason hits to get back into football shape.

This makes me believe that even though AD will be active for the opener, he will see very limited action. I think the first two games will basically be his preseason, and we'll see him get 30 or so snaps over the two games.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Honestly, I would have liked to see AD get SOME reps in Friday's game. He hasn't been hit for real since Christmas Eve, and your body needs those preseason hits to get back into football shape.

This makes me believe that even though AD will be active for the opener, he will see very limited action. I think the first two games will basically be his preseason, and we'll see him get 30 or so snaps over the two games.
    I think this is the right approach for AD, or PD for now. Take the extra two weeks of healing time. Unfortunately, that means limited usage for the first couple of regular season games which will limit his impact, but they can use it test out his recovery and see if he is ready for a stronger work load and hopefully have some meaningful contribution.

The RB position is probably one of the least complicated positions and doesn't require a lot of game time and reps to fit into an offense. It's more of a physical readiness as you state, but even if he were healthy I would keep his contact to a minimum in preseason. Starting RB's don't need any more hits than they already get.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I would not play him until he was 100%.

Not 90% ... not 95%.

The risks are not worth the rewards.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I would not play him until he was 100%.

Not 90% ... not 95%.

The risks are not worth the rewards.
    Nobody would disagree with you, but I don't think it's all that simple to determine if he is 100%. The doctors and AD will make their best estimates, but I don't think they will know for sure until he gets some full speed action.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Nobody would disagree with you, but I don't think it's all that simple to determine if he is 100%. The doctors and AD will make their best estimates, but I don't think they will know for sure until he gets some full speed action.
    That begs the question if Peterson needs full speed action in the preseason. That may be a greater mental prep need than a physical one.