Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 90 of 90
  1. #81
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    Here is a nice article from John Clayton on AD and the Pro Bowl.

    "It took All Day for the NFC to win the Pro Bowl"
    [size=10pt]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3240240[/size]
    Good find, LTVF!
    Love this quote:

    "I was telling [Vikings center] Matt Birk, this guy is like Forrest Gump," Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson said. "He just walks around and smiles, and all this stuff falls in his lap. He breaks the rookie rushing record. He breaks the single-game rushing record. He's a good kid, and we're happy for him because of the way he handles himself. He's so humble. You can't help but to love him."
    =Z=
    I like this quote.
    It shows the kind of effect AD has on the passing game.

    [/quote]When Peterson opened the next NFC series with a 13-yard run, McCarthy knew he had something because he watched the AFC defense adjust. An eighth defender was slipped near the line of scrimmage to help against the run, opening the middle of the field for some passes.

    Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, who was booed for dropping two consecutive passes, started finding slant routes and other routes open for him and Tony Romo to do business. Romo scrambled away from defenders on a broken play to hit Owens with a 34-yard completion and later hit Owens for a 6-yard touchdown pass.[/quote]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #82
    Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    399

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    I think the most important part of the Carucci article, by far, is this:

    "Although he is only a rookie, Peterson had the good sense to fly the non-Pro Bowl Vikings offensive linemen, including backups, to Hawaii to enjoy the week with him.

    "Those guys take care of me so I've got to do the same for them," he said."

    Great O-lines are close-knit families. I'm really glad to see AD understanding that and going out of his way to make it happen. This kid is golden.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

  3. #83
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    "Odin" wrote:
    I think the most important part of the Carucci article, by far, is this:

    "Although he is only a rookie, Peterson had the good sense to fly the non-Pro Bowl Vikings offensive linemen, including backups, to Hawaii to enjoy the week with him.

    "Those guys take care of me so I've got to do the same for them," he said."

    Great O-lines are close-knit families. I'm really glad to see AD understanding that and going out of his way to make it happen. This kid is golden.
    Unfortunately, Bryant McKinnie and his feet of stone were late making the plane and missed the trip.

    Or

    Unfortunately, Ryan Cook got flagged for holding the flight attendant on his way into the plane.

    Or

    Unfortunately, the pilot false-started the takeoff a couple of times, due to Artis Hicks sitting in the jump seat in the cockpit.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #84
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    Heh...kinda takes the sting off the whole "missing the playoffs" thing.......

    Well, that plus the fact that we beat this year's Super Bowl champs quite soundly.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  5. #85
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,993

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    Way to go AD!! Great game! Good comeback by the NFC and I am so glad that AD got the MVP over stupid ass Terrell Owens! Can I have your Caddy CTS??! Congrats!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  6. #86
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    "Garland" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Look how great he looks when he has Romo or Garcia at quarterback as oppose to Tarvaris Jackson. Like I said if Adrian Peterson has a quarterback he'll break 2000 yards. They're not able to stack the box.

    Congratz Adrian Peterson.

    By the way. The most rushing yards in pro bowl history was Marshall Faulk as a rookie in 1995 with 180 yards which was padded because he had the longest play in pro bowl history with a 79 yard TD run.
    LMAO!

    It's the Pro Bowl.
    Like anybody is really trying.

    Hell, when Sean Taylor smashed the shit outta that Punter people thought it was too much because players do not play like that.

    Don't get me wrong I am happy that he won, but winning the MVP in any all star game really does not mean a whole lot. it's more to have fun than anything else. real generic Offense, real basic Defense. The rules get more relaxed each year because they want to make it exciting for the fans and see players score and rack up the yards if possible.
    But its still nice to see him win the award.
    Exactly! Like I said in a previous post, it's kind of like being the prettiest one on "The View".

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #87
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Look how great he looks when he has Romo or Garcia at quarterback as oppose to Tarvaris Jackson. Like I said if Adrian Peterson has a quarterback he'll break 2000 yards. They're not able to stack the box.

    Congratz Adrian Peterson.

    By the way. The most rushing yards in pro bowl history was Marshall Faulk as a rookie in 1995 with 180 yards which was padded because he had the longest play in pro bowl history with a 79 yard TD run.
    LMAO!

    It's the Pro Bowl.
    Like anybody is really trying.

    Hell, when Sean Taylor smashed the pooh outta that Punter people thought it was too much because players do not play like that.

    Don't get me wrong I am happy that he won, but winning the MVP in any all star game really does not mean a whole lot. it's more to have fun than anything else. real generic Offense, real basic Defense. The rules get more relaxed each year because they want to make it exciting for the fans and see players score and rack up the yards if possible.
    But its still nice to see him win the award.
    Exactly! Like I said in a previous post, it's kind of like being the prettiest one on "The View".
    LOL A joke like that never gets old.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #88
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Look how great he looks when he has Romo or Garcia at quarterback as oppose to Tarvaris Jackson. Like I said if Adrian Peterson has a quarterback he'll break 2000 yards. They're not able to stack the box.

    Congratz Adrian Peterson.

    By the way. The most rushing yards in pro bowl history was Marshall Faulk as a rookie in 1995 with 180 yards which was padded because he had the longest play in pro bowl history with a 79 yard TD run.
    LMAO!

    It's the Pro Bowl.
    Like anybody is really trying.

    Hell, when Sean Taylor smashed the shit outta that Punter people thought it was too much because players do not play like that.

    Don't get me wrong I am happy that he won, but winning the MVP in any all star game really does not mean a whole lot. it's more to have fun than anything else. real generic Offense, real basic Defense. The rules get more relaxed each year because they want to make it exciting for the fans and see players score and rack up the yards if possible.
    But its still nice to see him win the award.
    Exactly! Like I said in a previous post, it's kind of like being the prettiest one on "The View".

  9. #89
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    I made a wallpaper for those of you who want to celebrate this award on your desktop.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=28286.msg722525#msg722525

  10. #90
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i think the better part of watching the Pro Bowl wasn't AD getting the PB MVP Award, the big thing was all the attention the Vikings got imo... the announcers were all over the Vikings jock during much of the game, continuely pointing out how well we did during certain games, our 7 amazing pro bowlers, and the room for growth for the up-and-coming years.
    Good to hear some positive press
    i heard that too, it was different.... they must have been drunk
    :P
    It was totally real! I knew I hadnt been drunk being sober for 17 years!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. Congrats to E.J. Henderson on his 1st Pro Bowl
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 07:36 PM
  2. Congrats to C Mac on the 4 G!!!
    By El Vikingo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 08:04 PM
  3. LXXX years of Super Bowl history - Vikings to win Super Bowl XLVI?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
  4. Only NFL QB That Played in Rose bowl/Canada Grey Cup Bowl/Superbowl
    By Frostbite in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 04:31 PM
  5. Congrats on the 8 G, Del Rio!!!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 11:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •