Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: AP the MVP of PRO BOWL Congrats!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    Here is a nice article from John Clayton on AD and the Pro Bowl.

"It took All Day for the NFC to win the Pro Bowl"
    [size=10pt]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3240240[/size]
    Good find, LTVF!
    Love this quote:

"I was telling [Vikings center] Matt Birk, this guy is like Forrest Gump," Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson said. "He just walks around and smiles, and all this stuff falls in his lap. He breaks the rookie rushing record. He breaks the single-game rushing record. He's a good kid, and we're happy for him because of the way he handles himself. He's so humble. You can't help but to love him."
    =Z=
    I like this quote.
    It shows the kind of effect AD has on the passing game.

[/quote]When Peterson opened the next NFC series with a 13-yard run, McCarthy knew he had something because he watched the AFC defense adjust. An eighth defender was slipped near the line of scrimmage to help against the run, opening the middle of the field for some passes.

Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, who was booed for dropping two consecutive passes, started finding slant routes and other routes open for him and Tony Romo to do business. Romo scrambled away from defenders on a broken play to hit Owens with a 34-yard completion and later hit Owens for a 6-yard touchdown pass.[/quote]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

I think the most important part of the Carucci article, by far, is this:

"Although he is only a rookie, Peterson had the good sense to fly the non-Pro Bowl Vikings offensive linemen, including backups, to Hawaii to enjoy the week with him.

"Those guys take care of me so I've got to do the same for them," he said."

Great O-lines are close-knit families. I'm really glad to see AD understanding that and going out of his way to make it happen. This kid is golden.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Odin" wrote:
    I think the most important part of the Carucci article, by far, is this:

"Although he is only a rookie, Peterson had the good sense to fly the non-Pro Bowl Vikings offensive linemen, including backups, to Hawaii to enjoy the week with him.

"Those guys take care of me so I've got to do the same for them," he said."

Great O-lines are close-knit families. I'm really glad to see AD understanding that and going out of his way to make it happen. This kid is golden.
    Unfortunately, Bryant McKinnie and his feet of stone were late making the plane and missed the trip.

Or

Unfortunately, Ryan Cook got flagged for holding the flight attendant on his way into the plane.

Or

Unfortunately, the pilot false-started the takeoff a couple of times, due to Artis Hicks sitting in the jump seat in the cockpit.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Heh...kinda takes the sting off the whole "missing the playoffs" thing.......

Well, that plus the fact that we beat this year's Super Bowl champs quite soundly.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Way to go AD!! Great game! Good comeback by the NFC and I am so glad that AD got the MVP over stupid ass Terrell Owens! Can I have your Caddy CTS??! Congrats!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Garland" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Look how great he looks when he has Romo or Garcia at quarterback as oppose to Tarvaris Jackson. Like I said if Adrian Peterson has a quarterback he'll break 2000 yards. They're not able to stack the box.

Congratz Adrian Peterson.

By the way. The most rushing yards in pro bowl history was Marshall Faulk as a rookie in 1995 with 180 yards which was padded because he had the longest play in pro bowl history with a 79 yard TD run.
    LMAO!

It's the Pro Bowl.
    Like anybody is really trying.

Hell, when Sean Taylor smashed the shit outta that Punter people thought it was too much because players do not play like that.

Don't get me wrong I am happy that he won, but winning the MVP in any all star game really does not mean a whole lot. it's more to have fun than anything else. real generic Offense, real basic Defense. The rules get more relaxed each year because they want to make it exciting for the fans and see players score and rack up the yards if possible.
    But its still nice to see him win the award.
    Exactly! Like I said in a previous post, it's kind of like being the prettiest one on "The View".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Look how great he looks when he has Romo or Garcia at quarterback as oppose to Tarvaris Jackson. Like I said if Adrian Peterson has a quarterback he'll break 2000 yards. They're not able to stack the box.

By the way. The most rushing yards in pro bowl history was Marshall Faulk as a rookie in 1995 with 180 yards which was padded because he had the longest play in pro bowl history with a 79 yard TD run.
    LMAO!

It's the Pro Bowl.

Hell, when Sean Taylor smashed the pooh outta that Punter people thought it was too much because players do not play like that.

Don't get me wrong I am happy that he won, but winning the MVP in any all star game really does not mean a whole lot. it's more to have fun than anything else. real generic Offense, real basic Defense. The rules get more relaxed each year because they want to make it exciting for the fans and see players score and rack up the yards if possible.
    Exactly! Like I said in a previous post, it's kind of like being the prettiest one on "The View".
    LOL A joke like that never gets old.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

LMAO!

It's the Pro Bowl.

Hell, when Sean Taylor smashed the shit outta that Punter people thought it was too much because players do not play like that.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I made a wallpaper for those of you who want to celebrate this award on your desktop.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=28286.msg722525#msg722525

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"tb04512" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i think the better part of watching the Pro Bowl wasn't AD getting the PB MVP Award, the big thing was all the attention the Vikings got imo... the announcers were all over the Vikings jock during much of the game, continuely pointing out how well we did during certain games, our 7 amazing pro bowlers, and the room for growth for the up-and-coming years.
    Good to hear some positive press
    i heard that too, it was different.... they must have been drunk
    :P
    It was totally real! I knew I hadnt been drunk being sober for 17 years!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789