Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AP gut check ?!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: AP gut check ?!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    God, I almost hate to post this, because I love AP. But a guy I know who breaks the NFL down constantly and is not a fan of any specific team (and who likes AP) said to me tonight the following: AP is not hard enough, "he needs to man up !", fumbling, getting hit and then not bouncing back, etc.. I really hope he is wrong. Please tell me that AP is not soft or weak. I need to know that this guy's theory is wrong.
    Was it the same friend?

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Ok, how about this: with Frerotte "driving the bus", we can make it all the way to the Show.

Is that positive enough ?
    ;D ;D

A friend of mine (a non-Vikings fan) said that to me tonight, and I really agree with it.
    You need to stop believing everything other people say.
    BTW, I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I will see you for cheap...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    AP is not hard enough
    One of the most BS I've heard in a long time!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    God, I almost hate to post this, because I love AP. But a guy I know who breaks the NFL down constantly and is not a fan of any specific team (and who likes AP) said to me tonight the following: AP is not hard enough, "he needs to man up !", fumbling, getting hit and then not bouncing back, etc.. I really hope he is wrong. Please tell me that AP is not soft or weak. I need to know that this guy's theory is wrong.
    Was it the same friend?

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Ok, how about this: with Frerotte "driving the bus", we can make it all the way to the Show.

Is that positive enough ?
    ;D ;D

A friend of mine (a non-Vikings fan) said that to me tonight, and I really agree with it.
    BTW, I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I will see you for cheap...
    That is what you get for listening to that turd in your pocket lol.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Do you really believe these aren't his own thoughts & he is listening to others & voicing their opinions in his negative threads?

More than a few have the words "I know this guy that says....", "I have this friend that says....", "A friend told me...."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Do you really believe these aren't his own thoughts & he is listening to others & voicing their opinions in his negative threads?

More than a few have the words "I know this guy that says....", "I have this friend that says....", "A friend told me...."

I believe that he is listening to the voices in his head again...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Well, while the topic is being discussed.
    I do see him frustrated and appear disheartened at times when losing, and he's driving into the line for naught towards the end of the game.

He's not real 'used to' losing. 7 years of high school and college, I bet you can count the total losses on just one or maybe two hands, with him being main contributor to winning.
    He's already seen that many losses already with only 4 games into his second season, plus his friend getting benched.
    He probably feels they're suppose to win, and he probably feels a bit responsible for not winning.
    Sophomore slump?? I don't think so, at least not yet.

MNF!?!?!
    Oh yeah, watch him run then against NO's run D.
    I can't wait.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I just hope we get out shit together before AD smartens up and wants out.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"hx38596" wrote:
    Well, while the topic is being discussed.
    I do see him frustrated and appear disheartened at times when losing, and he's driving into the line for naught towards the end of the game.

He's not real 'used to' losing. 7 years of high school and college, I bet you can count the total losses on just one or maybe two hands, with him being main contributor to winning.
    He's already seen that many losses already with only 4 games into his second season, plus his friend getting benched.
    He probably feels they're suppose to win, and he probably feels a bit responsible for not winning.
    Sophomore slump?? I don't think so, at least not yet.

MNF!?!?!
    Oh yeah, watch him run then against NO's run D.
    I can't wait.
    Unless we get down by a few points and think we have to resort to the passing game to get us back into it.
    Hopefully you're right, without a strong running game, this one will be ugly.

Purple D is offline Starter

Peterson is the last person on this team in need of a Gut Check >

Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

I have a friend that told me that AD fumbles the ball about once for every seventy times he touches the ball.

I have some other friends that tell me that Walter Payton fumbled the ball about once for every fifty times he touched the ball, Jim Brown fumbled once for every fifty times he touched the ball, and Emmitt Smith fumbled once for every eighty times he touched the ball.

I don't like seeing AD fumble either, but it's the NFL.
    Fumbles happen, around once every forty plays.
    Another friend told me that.

Some of my friends are boring, but they tend to be unbiased and don't just make shit up.

Also, if anyone really thinks that AD doesn't run hard, then I suggest watching him play.
    Then watch any other running back ever.
    If you still think he runs soft, you are confusing the word 'soft' for the word 'hard.'
    They mean the opposite of what you think they mean.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast