Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Is AP the best ever ?

I have a question for you guys. I have seen Peterson and to be honest, I don't think I have ever seen a player that is better in the NFL (and I saw Walter Payton live in the Dome once), and I have been watching pro football since 1972. I have never seen a running back with this balance of speed, elusiveness, vision, burst, and sheer instinct. Am I wrong here ? I realize I am very biased because I am a huge Vikings fan. But I just ask, is he the best ever ?

BTW, please don't say "wait and see". I just want your opinion right now...

Re: Is AP the best ever ?

Without a doubt, YES!!
    R.I.P. Sean Taylor #21 (1983-2007)
    ~Juggalo for LiFE~

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I'm sorry I love the guy so far, but right now the best running back in my book of all time will be Jim Brown.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    I'm sorry I love the guy so far, but right now the best running back in my book of all time will be Jim Brown.

Mike
    That's your opinion right now.
    R.I.P. Sean Taylor #21 (1983-2007)
    ~Juggalo for LiFE~

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

It is hard to argue against Jim Brown, because he is a total stud and no doubt the second best running back of all time.
    ;D

I just think that in 10 years, when someone says, "best running back ever", everyone will say: "Peterson" right away.

No one hits the corner like AP. Did you see him just outrun Merriman to the corner in the Chargers game ?

I can't put him past guys like Dickerson, Jim Brown, Gale sayers just yet. I'm 21 so i grew up with Emmitt and Barry Sanders who i still have way up on my list. Peterson has shown multiple flashes of brilliance so far in his young career and I feel comfortable saying he will be on top of my list very soon.

If he can stay healthy on a consistent basis, then yes he is the greatest of all time. When people first started asking this I almost laughed thinking that they were so biased as vikings fans. But the more I see of him, the more I realize I've never seen a back that has such a combo of speed, power, vision, and elusiveness. I mean he looks like he's still in college when people try and tackle him. There's been at least 10x this year where I've seen him do something and my immediate response is no effing way did he do that-are you freakin kidding?
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

No.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

No.....sorry

It is to hard to define best ever in a rookie year.
    He has a line that is gelling, and he may be catching some defenses off-guard with his speed and moves.

Lets see what year 2 and 3 bring.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Instant gratification is cool and all, but....we DO have to wait and see. Does he have the potential to be? I really think so. I am just astounded watching him. Does he have the body of work to say he is the greatest yet, no. /shrug, sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast