Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: AP arrested..

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Whatever Rusty is charging Adrian is nothing compared to what clearing his name is worth to Adrian. He is trying to maintain this "good guy" image, his sponsorships and popularity is largely based on it. Not the Vikings value, but his commercial value.
    I think his "good guy" image was tarnished more when he recklessly endangered public safety by speeding 109mph in a 55mph zone than staying at a club beyond closing time & being obstinate when he was told to leave, which was pretty much nil.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I think his "good guy" image was tarnished more when he recklessly endangered public safety by speeding 109mph in a 55mph zone than staying at a club beyond closing time & being obstinate when he was told to leave, which was pretty much nil.
    Obviously he doesn't feel that way.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    seriously? Driving a car over 100mph is something that most people have done before. And if you say you havn't then you are more than likely lying. Resisting arrest is a different animal. If you were to take a poll I would bet more people would go with resisting arrest over speeding.

Lets see what happens before we start passing judgment on a guy. For all we know the police are lying, it isnt like that has never happend before.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    seriously? Driving a car over 100mph is something that most people have done before. And if you say you havn't then you are more than likely lying. Resisting arrest is a different animal. If you were to take a poll I would bet more people would go with resisting arrest over speeding.

Lets see what happens before we start passing judgment on a guy. For all we know the police are lying, it isnt like that has never happend before.
    A lot of people have driven over 100 mph, sure, but to say most have, that's really stretching it. Has your mom done it? Grandma? Sister?

Personally, I haven't driven a car over 95mph, but feel free to call me a liar since you apparently know me better than I know my ownself.

As NP has pointed out, many people get arrested for resisting arrest too, it's not uncommon.

You can take a poll if you want, but IMO, but struggling while getting handcuffs put on you is far less worry some to me than someone driving 100mph in traffic.

Question: Which one do you think runs the higher risk of getting people killed?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    A lot of people have driven over 100 mph, sure, but to say most have, that's really stretching it. Has your mom done it? Grandma? Sister?

Personally, I haven't driven a car over 95mph, but feel free to call me a liar since you apparently know me better than I know my ownself.

As NP has pointed out, many people get arrested for resisting arrest too, it's not uncommon.

You can take a poll if you want, but IMO, but struggling while getting handcuffs put on you is far less worry some to me than someone driving 100mph in traffic.

Question: Which one do you think runs the higher risk of getting people killed?
    We are not talking about the risk of being killed. You said Speeding would tarnish his image more than resisting arrest. I clearly disagreed.

And yes my mother and my sister have driven over 100mph, can't say if grandma ever has but I doubt it since she mostly drove farm tractors.

Its sorta funny that you stopped at 95 mph. Did you get worried that 5mph more would be to dangerous and your image would be tarnished?

It is also not uncommon for people to get arrested for excessive speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    We are not talking about the risk of being killed. You said Speeding would tarnish his image more than resisting arrest. I clearly disagreed.

And yes my mother and my sister have driven over 100mph, can't say if grandma ever has but I doubt it since she mostly drove farm tractors.

Its sorta funny that you stopped at 95 mph. Did you get worried that 5mph more would be to dangerous and your image would be tarnished?

It is also not uncommon for people to get arrested for excessive speeding.
    Nope, I got worried that I'd lose control of the car going around the upcoming 50 mph curve if I didn't slow down. Silly me, I thought living was more important than hitting 100mph.

Of course it isn't uncommon for people to get arrested for excessive speeding. I live in WI & WI can & does arrest speeders.

Your welcome to disagree if you want to, but IMO I think excessive speeding tarnishes his image more because of the risk that someone could have been killed because of it. If you feel struggling or refusing to be handcuffed is worse than that, that's your opinion.

Again, resisting arrest is only a misdemeanor, not a felony. I doubt this arrest damages his image. Guilty or innocent, people/sponsor's have already formulated their own opinion on it prior to the verdict.

If he's found innocent, I don't believe it changes what people think of him.

If he's found guilty, I don't believe it changes what people think of him. In fact I believe if he is found guilty, many fans will still vehemently be professing his innocence and claiming he got screwed over.

A few months from now nobody will be talking about this & it will be ancient history.

Jared Allen was arrested 3 times for DWI & it didn't stop the Vikings from throwing $72 mil at him & all you hear are positive things about him. I don't hear anyone hating on him for those arrests.

If you're producing on the field, it tends to wipe the slate clean.
    Last edited by singersp; 07-16-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Nope, I got worried that I'd lose control of the car going around the upcoming 50 mph curve if I didn't slow down. Silly me, I thought living was more important than hitting 100mph.

Of course it isn't uncommon for people to get arrested for excessive speeding. I live in WI & WI can & does arrest speeders.

Your welcome to disagree if you want to, but IMO I think excessive speeding tarnishes his image more because of the risk that someone could have been killed because of it. If you feel struggling or refusing to be handcuffed is worse than that, that's your opinion.

If you're producing on the field, it tends to wipe the slate clean.
    Driving super fast is not smart, agreed. But there's more that goes into it.

Packsux said that "Most people have driven over 100mph." That's untrue. But I bet it's at least common enough to call accurate for people who own a V12 that can do 155.

He claims that he thought he was doing about 85, is that true? I don't know, it's possible.

He was driving a 7 series BMW, a luxury car. The ride is of prime importance, it's supposed to feel smooth and stable at all times, but it also has that v12 mentioned above.

When you drive a rocket ship that rides like a your la-z-boy, it's probably pretty easy to lose track of your speed.

I've caught myself doing 90 on long, straight stretches of 95 in my 1990 Honda Accord, a far cry from Adrian's 7 series.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 07-16-2012 at 02:22 PM.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Petersonís grand jury testimony results in prompt decision to drop case

Hardin pointed out that three ďred flagsĒ made him even more confident Peterson would be exonerated. First, several employees of the club insisted that Peterson did nothing wrong. Second, four of the six police officers who were on the scene said they didnít see anything. Third, none of the many patrons who were present in the club for the incident were quoted as corroborating the arresting officer in the police report.

Its interesting AP testified without a lawyer and it took 5 minutes after his 25 minute testimony to have the grand jury drop the case.......wonder if Peterson will just shake the 2 office hands and show there are no hard feelings or if that would lead to assault charges

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post

Its interesting AP testified without a lawyer and it took 5 minutes after his 25 minute testimony to have the grand jury drop the case.......wonder if Peterson will just shake the 2 office hands and show there are no hard feelings or if that would lead to assault charges

If he "SHAKES" their hands it would definitely be a law suit, crushed fingers will do that :-)
    Purple till i die

digital420 is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post

i think that if he shakes their hand.. they'll arrest him for.. "Assulting an officer" i havn't had the luck to shake his hand yet, but have heard, and read from many who have.. and they all say the same thing.

"He crushed my hand"

one such person is a friend of mine who does constuction, houses mostly.. big guy.. big hands.. strong.. he told me and my dad. "I had to flex my hand a few times after, i thought something was wrong."

it's good to see that misscommunication, authority over stepping, and Alpha male attitudes butting heads didn't' lead to an issue with AP. i'm sure no one is 100% innocent/guilty here. but the incident got blown out of proportion, and then it hit the media.. kinda like an instant headline. it' over, let it be done. and focus back on the field!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast