Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: AP arrested..

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    You buy the best you can afford.
    Eh, take it with a grain of salt. Singer's always had it out for Peterson. A couple years ago he was trying to convince everyone that D'Angelo Williams was a far superior RB to Peterson... which was as laughable then as it is now.

Not sure why, but he never gives Peterson the benefit of the doubt.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Why was Adrian Peterson cuffed? 'The answer is nothing,' attorney says - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)
    Q. We saw a video from TMZ that shows Peterson in custody, but does a surveillance video that shows what led up to this incident exist?

A. "No, we heard that there was a surveillance video, but we're now told that there's not an official surveillance video inside the place. So the best we can tell, the only thing you're going to have are these kind of convoluted things you saw on TMZ where it's impossible to tell anything. The TMZ (video), when I just relooked at it again today, that's after he's under arrest and handcuffed so it doesn't tell you anything about how it started."

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree with you Singer.

I still don't think that this is that big of a deal, and something that happens all the damn time. The only difference here is that AD has the money and motivation to fight it. AD is very concerned about image. Guilty or innocent he does not want his image to be negatively affected. Hiring Hardin makes it more of a pain in the ass for the DA's office to prosecute than it is worth for a misdemeanor charge, so most likely the charges will simply be dropped.
    I bet it would be a big deal if you were the one who was beat down and arrested.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    These lyrics came rolling through my brain as soon as I heard who he'd hired:

Those who hate me I got somethin' for ya
    I'm a nigga with cash, a nigga with a lawyer

Not a watermelon chit'lin eatin nigga down south
    But a nigga that'll smack the taste from your mouth
    ICE T: Straight Up Nigga

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I get that a damaged reputation can cost someone money.

1. I highly doubt this misdemeanor will damage AD's reputation at all & I don't think the Vikings are chomping at the bit to cut him or want to restructure his contract now because of it.

2. I'll reiterate my point. If the surveillance tape is soooo telling of AD's innocence & victimization by the undercover cop, then you don't need Houston's highest profile, probably highest price lawyer to say to the judge, "Watch the tape your Honor". Joe Schmo lawyer could have done that.

Hiring a lawyer, that has been recently in the spotlight for getting a guilty man off on the charges against him, IMO starts to throw a more doubt in the situation, not to mention keeps in the top of the news longer.
    Whatever Rusty is charging Adrian is nothing compared to what clearing his name is worth to Adrian. He is trying to maintain this "good guy" image, his sponsorships and popularity is largely based on it. Not the Vikings value, but his commercial value.

And, I doubt Rusty is charging Adrian all that much. This type of high profile case, puts him in the public eye and gives him a lot more financial gain than whatever he would charge Adrian.

The only way this is a bad move, is if it backfires on Adrian and now we not only doubt his good guy image but his integrity as well.

Since there apparently is now no surveillance video...surprise, surprise. The bar owner that said Adrian was a problem customer, seemed to have somehow lost the video that would help prove his point.

This will get dismissed, Adrian will be cleared and choosing Rusty was a good choice.

The manager says Peterson was a problem all night, but Peterson's attorney claims he didn't arrive at the establishment until 1:20am to 1:25am.
    Who is telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The manager says Peterson was a problem all night, but Peterson's attorney claims he didn't arrive at the establishment until 1:20am to 1:25am.
    Who is telling the truth?
    Yea, that one might come back to bite the bar owner. I think he shrivels up and goes to wherever he stashed the missing video.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Bar owners have to be on the good side with local police, cuz a regular squad car in the parking lot can put a serious damper on customer's drinking moods.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Bar owners have to be on the good side with local police, cuz a regular squad car in the parking lot can put a serious damper on customer's drinking moods.
    Yes, honesty always comes second to business.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Eh, take it with a grain of salt. Singer's always had it out for Peterson. A couple years ago he was trying to convince everyone that D'Angelo Williams was a far superior RB to Peterson... which was as laughable then as it is now.

Not sure why, but he never gives Peterson the benefit of the doubt.
    LOL! Don't twist stating that Hall had a better year than AD into something it's not.

And just because I state AD lacks good pass catching skills & can't block for shit, doesn't mean I have it out for him. It simply means I state it as I see it & don't turn my head & ignore it because he's an amazing runner, like many here do.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast