Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: AP arrested..

  1. #41
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279
    The Associated Press: Attorney says charge vs Vikings RB Peterson a lie

    Attorney says charge vs Vikings RB Peterson a lie

    Peterson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, called the charge and the allegation that he shoved the officer "a total fabrication."

    "He, in fact, was struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason, and when all the evidence is impartially reviewed, it will clearly show Adrian was the victim, not the aggressor," Hardin said in a statement.

  2. #42
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552

    AP arrested..

    The boys in blue better be rock solid...Hardin will shred them if not. Adrian is a smart man.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  3. #43
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The Associated Press: Attorney says charge vs Vikings RB Peterson a lie

    Attorney says charge vs Vikings RB Peterson a lie

    Peterson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, called the charge and the allegation that he shoved the officer "a total fabrication."

    "He, in fact, was struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason, and when all the evidence is impartially reviewed, it will clearly show Adrian was the victim, not the aggressor," Hardin said in a statement.
    If the surveillance video is clearly going to show AD as a victim & having not pushed the cop at all like AD & Hardin are claiming, then all the judge would have to do is watch the video & vindicate AD.

    Why then did AD have to go out & hire one of the most expensive Texas lawyers that money can buy (a lawyer who is building a reputation of getting guilty men off) to represent him in a misdemeanor case?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #44
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If the surveillance video is clearly going to show AD as a victim & having not pushed the cop at all like AD & Hardin are claiming, then all the judge would have to do is watch the video & vindicate AD.

    Why then did AD have to go out & hire one of the most expensive Texas lawyers that money can buy (a lawyer who is building a reputation of getting guilty men off) to represent him in a misdemeanor case?
    Cause the video might be as clear as the tmz video you posted would be my guess

  5. #45
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If the surveillance video is clearly going to show AD as a victim & having not pushed the cop at all like AD & Hardin are claiming, then all the judge would have to do is watch the video & vindicate AD.

    Why then did AD have to go out & hire one of the most expensive Texas lawyers that money can buy (a lawyer who is building a reputation of getting guilty men off) to represent him in a misdemeanor case?
    I agree with you Singer.

    I still don't think that this is that big of a deal, and something that happens all the damn time. The only difference here is that AD has the money and motivation to fight it. AD is very concerned about image. Guilty or innocent he does not want his image to be negatively affected. Hiring Hardin makes it more of a pain in the ass for the DA's office to prosecute than it is worth for a misdemeanor charge, so most likely the charges will simply be dropped.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #46
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499
    It's pretty obvious that this is a conspiracy involving Herman Caine and Ricky Lake.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #47
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460
    A damaged image can cost someone like AD millions in sponsership money. Thats why the high powered attny.

    WWBGD

  8. #48
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    A damaged image can cost someone like AD millions in sponsership money. Thats why the high powered attny.
    I get that a damaged reputation can cost someone money.

    1. I highly doubt this misdemeanor will damage AD's reputation at all & I don't think the Vikings are chomping at the bit to cut him or want to restructure his contract now because of it.

    2. I'll reiterate my point. If the surveillance tape is soooo telling of AD's innocence & victimization by the undercover cop, then you don't need Houston's highest profile, probably highest price lawyer to say to the judge, "Watch the tape your Honor". Joe Schmo lawyer could have done that.

    Hiring a lawyer, that has been recently in the spotlight for getting a guilty man off on the charges against him, IMO starts to throw a more doubt in the situation, not to mention keeps in the top of the news longer.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #49
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

    2. I'll reiterate my point. If the surveillance tape is soooo telling of AD's innocence & victimization by the undercover cop, then you don't need Houston's highest profile, probably highest price lawyer to say to the judge, "Watch the tape your Honor". Joe Schmo lawyer could have done that.
    "Viewed from outside the trial, it was hard to understand how the verdict could possibly square with the video. Those civil rights leaders with whom I met were stunned. And so was I and so was Barbara and so were my kids."
    Quote from President George H. W. Bush after the acquittal of Koon, Briseno and Wind use of excessive force during the arrest of Rodney King.

  10. #50
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    2. I'll reiterate my point. If the surveillance tape is soooo telling of AD's innocence & victimization by the undercover cop, then you don't need Houston's highest profile, probably highest price lawyer to say to the judge, "Watch the tape your Honor". Joe Schmo lawyer could have done that.

    You buy the best you can afford.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •