Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AP arrested..

Little piggy don't like when you challenge their self perceived authority BOY!
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    "Peterson told the officer the group had heard them the first time and pushed him in the shoulder, causing him to stumble," Smith said.
    It wasn't clear whether alcohol was a factor in the incident, Smith said. TMZ.com reported that the nightclub's general manager, Daniel Maher, said Peterson had been drinking "and was a difficult customer all night."
    Peterson, who lists an Oklahoma address, was then booked and formally charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor. Smith said that Peterson could have been charged with assaulting an officer, but the district attorney approved the single charge.
    Vikings star Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Sorry, but you don't push a cop. I don't care how big of an NFL star you are. Even if he's a star Vikings player.

If this had involved one of our lesser liked players or a star player from another team, the replies would be quite different.

It's a misdemeanor. He'll get a fine, perhaps even a 1 game suspension for his conduct & we'll move on.
    Last edited by singersp; 07-08-2012 at 08:40 AM.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson faces resisting-arrest charge after incident in Houston night club - ESPN
    Houston Police Department spokesperson Kese Smith said Peterson was at a downtown nightclub early Saturday morning when an off-duty Houston police officer working security asked Peterson and a group of people he was with to leave because the club had closed.

Smith said the man identified himself as a police officer. The officer left to tell other patrons to leave the club before returning to Peterson's group again to tell it to leave.

Smith said Peterson turned around and told the officer that he heard him the first time and pushed him in the shoulder, causing him to stumble. The officer told Peterson he was under arrest and to put his hands behind his back. Peterson began yelling, pulled away and "assumed an aggressive stance," so another off-duty officer came to help. Peterson continued to struggle with both.

The 27-year-old player finally was handcuffed with the help of a third off-duty officer. Peterson complained of shortness of breath after he was taken to a Houston jail and was examined by Houston Fire Department personnel, who said he was OK.
    so peterson, prolly annoyed with a bouncer telling him he has to leave while he's waiting for a glass of water.
    maybe drunk.. who knows, pushes said bouncer in the shoulder.

so it's petersons luck that all 3 bouncers are off duty cops.. so is that a citizen arrest? and what was the original charge? not leaving the bar on time? i've pushed a few bouncers out of my way.. generally they push you out the door.. i have good friends who are cops, marshals, and even swat. even they say there are always bad apples in a bunch.

i think because it's peterson to many things got blown out of proportion.. and some sorry's will be going out. i doubt it will have any suspensions, or even fines from the nfl.

now.. what if one of these local off duty yutz's bruised some of his rips, or injured his leg.. for nothing more then not leaving the bar on time.

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Ultrapurple is offline Rookie

AP arrested..

I work in Houston, I live about 40 miles outside the city. All the media reports I've seen down here are from a police spokesman and back up the off duty officer's account and AP comes off sounding like a drunken asshat.

The report I read on PFT says they had words, AP was walking to the exit and the officer jumped on his back from behind. People with Adrian claim to have video proving their side. I tend to think the truth probably lies somewhere in between these two accounts.

The story given by the arresting officer goes in opposition to every first hand encounter I have ever heard about AP. I know several people that have met him around town (Texan & Cowboy fans) and what impressed all of them was how respectful and engaging he was. One guy was coming home from the oil fields in ND and was in first class with him from Mpls to Houston, just after mandatory mini-camp. AP was with his girlfriend & daughter, before they boarded and during the flight he claims at least 50 people came up and asked for autographs, wanted pics with him etc. According to my buddy, AP never got annoyed, was genuinely appreciative and never said no, or was dismissive.

I hope there is video showing Adrian was victimized by an overzealous cop. And I hope he files a lawsuit for false arrest and forces the entire city to apologize and restore his good name. I don't want AP to be what they claim him to be, the world needs more nice guys!
    UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrapurple View Post
    I work in Houston, I live about 40 miles outside the city. All the media reports I've seen down here are from a police spokesman and back up the off duty officer's account and AP comes off sounding like a drunken asshat.

The report I read on PFT says they had words, AP was walking to the exit and the officer jumped on his back from behind. People with Adrian claim to have video proving their side. I tend to think the truth probably lies somewhere in between these two accounts.
    It probably does lie somewhere in between, but you left out the part where AD shoved the officer first before he jumped on his back.

Now I can see where the police dept will back up the officers story, that goes without saying, just as I can see Vikings fans claiming he was a victim just because it was AD rather than a player such as Loadholt, but the manager of the club also states AD was problematic all night....

the nightclub's general manager, Daniel Maher, said Peterson had been drinking "and was a difficult customer all night.
    Last edited by singersp; 07-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

I hope there is video showing Adrian was victimized by an overzealous cop. And I hope he files a lawsuit for false arrest and forces the entire city to apologize and restore his good name. I don't want AP to be what they claim him to be, the world needs more nice guys!
    And if it shows that AD was belligerent & pushed the officer first?

Even "nice guys" make mistakes when alcohol is involved.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Seems to me Off-Duty means you are NOT a cop at the moment. I too know several local and nearby city officers, and I know that when they are off, they often like to be way off as in deep in their cups so to speak. I wonder how much the bouncers were drinking that night.

I guess its just that we've never heard of anything like this with AP. He has been nothing but humble and hard working from every account, for his entire life. Just seems out of place with this athlete. IF I'd heard it was Meta-World-Peace or Pacman Jones, I'd laugh it off and say, probably served him right, but this just isn't a regular problem child.

Amen Brother! SKOL!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Ultrapurple is offline Rookie

AP arrested..

Well Singer, if the video is out there and it bears out the officers account, I'll be very disappointed. Is it the worst thing a member of the Vikings has been arrested for? No, not by a long shot. But it certainly tarnishes the "face of the franchise" and as naive as it sounds makes me a little sad.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that AP didn't drink. And like I said earlier, the accounts of the owner of the club & the officers sound so out of character from the persona we have seen since he came into the league.
    UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well Singer, if the video is out there and it bears out the officers account, I'll be very disappointed. Is it the worst thing a member of the Vikings has been arrested for? No, not by a long shot. But it certainly tarnishes the "face of the franchise" and as naive as it sounds makes me a little sad.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that AP didn't drink. And like I said earlier, the accounts of the owner of the club & the officers sound so out of character from the persona we have seen since he came into the league.
    Jared Allen doesn't drink, Not so sure about Peterson (evidently)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast