Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AP arrested..

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

AP arrested..

Just saw on Twitter..

@JeromeSolomon: Breaking news: Vikings RB Adrian Peterson arrested last night in Houston for resisting arrest by HPD.

Solomon is Sports columnist for the Houston Chronicle
    Last edited by Johnson14; 07-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    @JeromeSolomon
    Houston Police Department's official listing for Peterson's offense: resisting arrest/search-unclassified. ‪#hounews‬

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Peterson incident “all on video” | ProFootballTalk

According to the source, Peterson, his girlfriend, and some family members were at a nightclub in Houston. At closing time, a group of police officers entered the club, and they began instructing the remaining patrons to leave.

Peterson wanted to get some water before he left, but an officer told Peterson that he needed to leave. Some words apparently were exchanged, but Peterson eventually walked to the exit with one of the club’s bouncers.

It’s believed that one of the officers then jumped on Peterson’s back from behind and tried to take him down. (Key word: “tried.”) Other officers then joined the fray and completed the arrest.

Peterson was charged with resisting arrest, which implies he was being arrested for something else. He is charged for now with no other crime.
    Pigs. Similar incident just happened to my best friend at a local Indy club. Tackled by 4 cops. One of them scraped his knuckle on the concrete when he tried to punch my friend in the back (while 3 other cops had him contained on his stomach). He claimed felony resisting arrest and harm to a police officer because of a scraped knuckle. Absolutely disgusting. On a 21 year old kid with no arrests or anything on his record at all. It all worked out though. The cop refused to show up in court (wonder why?), and my friend got off with a minor public intoxication charge. I would bet anything that AP's charge gets dropped. You can't just get resisting arrest with no other charges attached to it.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    " If you ever go to Houston boy you better walk right.
    You better not squabble and you better not fight.
    Or the sheriff will arrest you, he'll take you down
    And before you know it your sugar land bound.

Let the midnight special shine its light on me.
    Let the midnight special shine its ever lovin light on me."

WWBGD

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Hard to comment with so little information, but it appears minor, I doubt there is any jail time or nfl suspension. Can't wait to see the video, Peterson doesn't go down easily.
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 07-07-2012 at 03:23 PM.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I have a lot of respect for the Boys in Blue. They perform a very difficult and dangerous job. Most people that say they hate cops, have no problem calling them when they are in danger. With that said.... There are far too many assholes with badges running around giving the majority of cops bad names. Some of it has to do with how the police department operates. They'll take a cop from a community with little or no minorities and throw him into an urban community. He/she often lacks the skills to cope with working 12 hour shifts as a minority in a specific neighborhood. Stereotypes and biases creep into their way of life and before you know it, you have assholes like the corrupt infested NYPD.

Thank you to the real cops out there.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    The NFL.com article didn't make any sense. It basically said that he asked for a water, but the the officer told him to leave, so the he left and got tackled on the way out...

From the article:

When police entered the club at closing time and asked patrons to leave, Peterson attempted to order a water, but was told by a police officer to exit the bar.

Peterson and the officer exchanged words, according to the source, before the running back headed for the door with a bouncer.

According to the PFT report, it is believed an officer then jumped on Peterson's back from behind, soon to be joined by additional officers. Peterson was then arrested.

Also, how do you get arrested for resisting arrest? Would he not get arrested if he didn't resist arrest? Why did the officer jump on his back as he was exiting in the first place?

I'm going to reserve my judgment until more info is out about this.
    Last edited by Randy Moss; 07-07-2012 at 03:18 PM.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Hard to comment with so little information, but it appears to minor, I doubt there is any jail time or nfl suspension. Can't wait to see the video, Peterson doesn't go down easily.
    but did he hang onto his water while being tackled?

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

AP arrested..

Trade him

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Sounds like F'n BS to me. Tackle the guy while he's walking out...and then come out later and claim he "pushed the (off-duty???) officer in the shoulder, causing him to stumble." Not fall, not chest or face, not punch or kick...pushed in the shoulder. So you run him down at the door and tackle him to the ground!?

Sounds like standard over-zealous over reaction. Oh No! Did he hurt your lil ego!?!??

Can't wait to see the video...if we get to. Chances are the pigs are destroying the evidence as I type this!?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast