Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

AP 294 Shy Of Breaking Dickerson's Record

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

188 left to hit 2,000.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    I say AD gets the 2,000 But to break Dickerson's record, he will have to be at his best and keep doing what he's been doing and then some.... If he can bring in another 200 yard rushing game VS the Texans, I have no doubt he can break it, and all the better seeing it would be against the Pack...All I can really say now is it's going to be a blast watching him rush these last two games...Note: Don't pull him for Gerhart either, late in the game. AD could have and should have been able to add to his yards yesterday, it was sad for me to see him sit the last series or two.......Shame on you coaches..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    All I can really say now is it's going to be a blast watching him rush these last two games...Note: Don't pull him for Gerhart either, late in the game. AD could have and should have been able to add to his yards yesterday, it was sad for me to see him sit the last series or two.......Shame on you coaches..
    I agree, he only had 24 carries and he was gashing the Rams at that point, so it's not like he was wore out, but worst of all, the game was still in doubt. The Rams had a lot of momentum going and Bradford was shredding our secondary so we really could have used a 1st down on one of those final 2 drives to put the game on ice, but instead we were forced to watch the slug struggle to even get back to the LOS.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Pretty amazing that he is even in this position. I would love to see him get Dickerson's record. I still believe that running the ball is still the purest form of football and no one is doing it better right now than AD.

Next week in his hometown (close enough) right before Christmas. Pretty nice stage for another big day. As long as we don't give up a couple quick scores early and he stay healthy, I would expect continued heavy does of him.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Pretty amazing that he is even in this position. I would love to see him get Dickerson's record. I still believe that running the ball is still the purest form of football and no one is doing it better right now than AD.

Next week in his hometown (close enough) right before Christmas. Pretty nice stage for another big day. As long as we don't give up a couple quick scores early and he stay healthy, I would expect continued heavy does of him.
    Exactly, there haven't been any rule changes to benefit the run game like there has been to greatly benefit the pass game, so what he's doing is just that more remarkable. I heard a stat on ESPN that he has over 1000 yards after first contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I heard a stat on ESPN that he has over 1000 yards after first contact.
    He's had over 8,500 rushing yards after signing his first contract.

He's had a 1,000+ yard rushing season every year except last year when he had only 970. He resigned with the Vikings at the beginning to that season.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-18-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He's had over 8,500 rushing yards after signing his first contract.

He's had a 1,000+ yard rushing season every year except last year when he had only 970. He resigned with the Vikings at the beginning to that season.
    Haha, I said contact, not contract. As in he has 1000 yards AFTER he runs over the first defender.

He's the best a beast
    None

He's doing this when the d knows its coming
    8 9 in the box amazing
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast