Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple D is offline Starter

Re: Anyone Worried about Sunday's Game?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I am always jazzed for a game.

This one will be one that will either make alot of people happy or it will be one that has them scratching thier heads.

It will all come down to the ability of our DL to generate a Pass rush (of any kind) that will determine the outcome IMHO.
    I think it will have to do with the crowd noise also.
    If the crowd can get into Kitna's Head I think our defense will be able to get after him.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Am I the only one afraid that will come out and lay an egg on Sunday.
    I love my team but must win games have always been a weak point for us.
    :-\

I won't sleep well until Sunday
    :-[
    I sleep well every night, knowing that my sleep or no sleep will not affect the game in any way.

That said, as the week progresses, I will get more and more excited!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    Not only is it a must win game, but I'm worried about it being AD's first game back from injury. This is gonna be a great game though... looking forward to it, but worried as well.

I'm in a glass cage of emotion.
    Eloquently put.
    You must be a poet at heart...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I have an immense fear for this one too. After that W in NY everyone is excited, and even I am starting to look at the schedule and dreaming of playoff.

That's when I fear the most that we fall down like a new born calf.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

pixie is offline Training Camp

I just hope they go into the game with the mentality of not wanting to get slaughtered again like we did against the Packers.
    I want to see us pumped because of it being a division game, period.
    Normally I am not a blood-thirsty kind of gal, but this weekend I would definately love to see us grind down the Lions... of course, with no injuries.
    ;D

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I think it's fair for the Vikings and their fans to be worried about EVERY game from here on out.
    Any loss in the next four pretty much ends any hope of reaching the playoffs.

To be sure, the Lions strength is throwing the ball, and defending the pass is the Vikings weakness.
    The Lions threw for 393 yards in the first meeting (including 148 yards from JT O'Sullivan).
    Each team turned the ball over 5 times, which is the only reason the final score only reached 20-17.
    If the Lions keep their turnovers down, they are certainly a dangerous opponent.

Nevertheless, I am optimistic about this game.
    The Lions have lost their last three games and despite scoring 21 against Arizona and 26 against the Packers, they trailed 24-7 and 34-12 in those respective games.
    Jon Kitna has been picked off six times, lost two fumbles, and been sacked 11 times in those three losses.
    It's a home game for the Vikings, where even a less than sellout crowd will still make enough noise to cause some problems for the Lions weak offensive line.
    All indicators point to the Vikings being a team on the upswing and the Lions being a team on the verge of collapsing.
    Kitna is good, but he's not Brett Favre-good.
    He can be pressured into making mistakes, and I think that will happen on Sunday.
    As long as the Vikings can limit their own turnovers and move the ball on the ground, I think a Vikings win is very likely.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

The only worry I have for this coming game is that AP is fully recovered!
    If he's not 110% I wouldn't suit him up.
    Let Chester handle the Detoilet Kittens and the fans in the DUMP-DOME need to be LOUD, VERY VERY LOUD!
    This will help keep that moron Kitna on pins and needles and I can't wait to see EJ or Leber sack his sorry ass more than once!!

Other than that, no worries!

SKOL Vikings

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

All I want to see is some pressure on Kitna.
    That's it.
    We made a good leap with actually going after Eli in the back field instead of hoping our secondary does all the work.
    I swear if I see Pat Williams covering the middle of the field instead of going in a forward motion, I will lose it.
    The Viking's secondary isn't the greatest, we've all seen this, but that doesn't mean we can't stop the pass.
    If coverage is constantly getting you beat, bring the blitz heavy and hard and knock the QB around a little bit.

I am a little worried about the Vikings as a team reverting back to what we saw in Green Bay.
    Coming into a game with high expectations and getting stomped.
    I hope the Vikings win every week, but I know enough no to be saying we're playoff bound when we have to go atleast 4-1 to have a shot.
    If the Vikes can beat the Lions this week I think then I might start to think wild card.

Overall though I'm worried about one big thing.
    I'm worried that after another Vikings win where they looked flexible and changed things up, the next game they come out with the same old gameplan that has gotten our jiggly butts kicked all around.
    Please Vikings and their respective Nordic gods.
    Just let the Vikings use the tools at hand in an appropriate manner to smite down their enemies and not try build a log cabin out of bricks bricks.

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Schutz" wrote:
    All I want to see is some pressure on Kitna.
    That's it.

We made a good leap with actually going after Eli in the back field instead of hoping our secondary does all the work.
    I swear if I see Pat Williams covering the middle of the field instead of going in a forward motion, I will lose it.
    The Viking's secondary isn't the greatest, we've all seen this, but that doesn't mean we can't stop the pass.
    If coverage is constantly getting you beat, bring the blitz heavy and hard and knock the QB around a little bit.

I am a little worried about the Vikings as a team reverting back to what we saw in Green Bay.
    Coming into a game with high expectations and getting stomped.
    I hope the Vikings win every week, but I know enough no to be saying we're playoff bound when we have to go atleast 4-1 to have a shot.
    If the Vikes can beat the Lions this week I think then I might start to think wild card.

Overall though I'm worried about one big thing.
    I'm worried that after another Vikings win where they looked flexible and changed things up, the next game they come out with the same old gameplan that has gotten our jiggly butts kicked all around.
    Please Vikings and their respective Nordic gods.
    Just let the Vikings use the tools at hand in an appropriate manner to smite down their enemies and not try build a log cabin out of bricks bricks.
    AGREED! Lions have given up the most sacks this year....We put pressure on Kitna A LOT and we WILL win this game. Im gonna guess 4 Sack, 1 INT and 1 fumble recovery.

You know Kevin Jones is gonna be scared to get hurt, last time he played us we put him on the bench for half a season gotta love it!!!!!!!!

*SKOL!*

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

No not really. I am never worried when the team has the energy of the crowd behind them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast