Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Anyone see Jackson in a slash role for year 1?

"boognish" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:
    Jackson won't amount to squat. Obviously the Vikes are looking toward the future for a QB not now. Maybe when Schaub becomes a free agent next year or some better talent comes out of the draft. I don't know why the Vikes even wasted a pick on him.
    You're an idiot. None of us know how Jackson is going to perform in the League. I have a feeling you'll be the first one on the bandwagon if he does succeed though.
    Now, now. There are better ways of getting your point across rather than resorting to personal attacks.

Try a funny photo. :wink:

Prophet Guest

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Thoughts?
    I was going to comment on your comparisons, but you didn't give me much to work with.

How can anyone disrespect Childress's view on qbs. Freaking guy, look at who he has worked with and what he has done even if they do trade them. He gets good draft picks even if they do not stay with the team.
    We can solve poverty today.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:
    Jackson won't amount to squat. Obviously the Vikes are looking toward the future for a QB not now. Maybe when Schaub becomes a free agent next year or some better talent comes out of the draft. I don't know why the Vikes even wasted a pick on him.
    You're an idiot. None of us know how Jackson is going to perform in the League. I have a feeling you'll be the first one on the bandwagon if he does succeed though.
    Now, now. There are better ways of getting your point across rather than resorting to personal attacks.

Point taken; sorry about that. I'm just getting frustrated with all the negativity I'm hearing from fellow "fans". Truth is, none of us will know whether or not this draft is a success until we see these guys on the field.

I'd better take a break. I'm going fishing for Kokanee. Wish me luck.
    I am a dipshit!!!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

No No No slash role!!!! Those guys never turn into solid franchise QBs and that is what Jackson needs to be with us. Yes he is athletic, agile, and fast, but if you watch the highlight videos he is always a pass first, run as a last resort kind of guy. Most of the scrambling he did was either after he escaped a sack or on a designed run. I hope Childress will cut those run plays out of Jackson's style and develop him as a pure pocket passer. If we needed another WR or another RB, we would have drafted one.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

:grin: "boognish" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:

Point taken; sorry about that. I'm just getting frustrated with all the negativity I'm hearing from fellow "fans". Truth is, none of us will know whether or not this draft is a success until we see these guys on the field.

Its alright man. No matter who we draft some people are just not happy; and that's okay. None of us are experts, but some think they are. And then there are some who only show-up when there is controversy and chaos.

Have fun fishing.

"boognish" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:

Try a funny photo. wink

yeah. NOBODY EVER KNOWS if a qb will for sure be good in the nfl or not! That's why there are first round busts like leaf and couch, because you just NEVER KNOW, especially with QBs!
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

ranasrule is offline Rookie

Jackson will be just fine inshallah !

"thanatoschristou" wrote:
    How can anyone disrespect Childress's view on qbs. Freaking guy, look at who he has worked with and what he has done even if they do trade them. He gets good draft picks even if they do not stay with the team.
    Examples.... i guess your post kind of confuses me, who did he draft? I think Andy Reid controlled most of that

With that said i think they did an ok job in the draft, i guess we will see about 3 years down the road and find out how these guys pan out.

As for slash, i think he was drafted to be a qb, i doubt we will see him in any ohter role.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Jackson will not be a victim of the slash role. I think that the coaching staff will be working with him so that he can take some snaps in the preseason, but other than that he will be watching film and talking to Johnson and McMahon about the offense. I think that this is a great situation for him to develop into a strong and dependable qb for the team's future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast