Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Im amazed they keep calling the same pass for Ponder when he keep throwing interceptions on it.. work in that in practice and not in the middle of a game..

Webb should be given more chances, we can use him during the game, get Ponder out for some plays and do some dual threat stuff with Webb to throw defences off, he is definatly a athlete and we should use him more, but we gotta live and die with Ponder right now, he is our future..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    If Webb could pass he could be a great QB. Too bad he's so inaccurate.
    Sure good to have him as the back up though.
    I lost a little of my faith in Ponder today for the first time. I hope he can get it together.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post
    i think he should start the rest of the season

ponder clearly is an idiot, A more mobile version of rex grossman
    Seriously?
    Damn good thing you are not an NFL coach.
    On second thought, it would be nice if you were the Packers coach.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

kyleburkle is offline Rookie
    Yeah webb is not a passer

but this tebow thing has me thinking

webb is a better passer than tebow and his dual threat is crazy,

Ponder is a career backup, guarenteed, he doesnt possess the big gun, or great accuracy
    i have been watchin young qb's for years, he doesn have it.
    None

Brewtal is offline Starter
    Webb is our backup. No better time for Ponder to get expierence for the future. Going with Webb would be going backwards. Although with how poor the couching is with this team nothing would suprise me.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtal View Post
    Although with how poor the couching is with this team nothing would suprise me.
    team couches?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I would be very opposed to it.

1) Webb is a great athlete who will often see success when coming in as a backup QB. This is because his style of play is so different than that of a normal QB that defenses struggle to adjust... for about half a game. We saw that last year too. Unfortunately when given a week to game plan against Webb his effectiveness as a QB is severely limited. Contain him on his right side and blanket his first receiver. He doesn't do progressions, and our shitty OL will put him on his back all day long. As PF said, he is very Tebow like with a better throwing motion. Webb had several passes that could just as easily been picked off.

2) Ponder is making rookie mistakes. Anyone who didn't expect it was kidding themselves. I still see improvement in almost every game (last game excluded). I am excited to watch him still, and I honestly think he is going to be a very good QB

Ponder had a bad game. It happens. Lets put more of a team around him, like an OL specifically, and push for the future.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleburkle View Post
    Yeah webb is not a passer

but this tebow thing has me thinking

webb is a better passer than tebow and his dual threat is crazy,

Ponder is a career backup, guarenteed, he doesnt possess the big gun, or great accuracy
    i have been watchin young qb's for years, he doesn have it.
    I think that Webb should be given more snaps as a playmaker - perhaps at WR. His speed and athleticism should make him had to defend. That guy can REALLY fly! Could you imagine both Harvin and Webb going deep on a pass from Ponder? Why not try it?

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Yep we need to find a way to get Webb more involved. Not as a starter though, he's just too awful as a passer. I would let him lead a drive or 2 every game (when the offense is struggling) just to change things up and give opponents 1 more thing to prepare for. AP, PH, and JW all on the field at the same time should give defenses nightmares.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    This was just not Ponder's week. I mean, shit, kid didn't practice til limited on Friday and then gets to start as a rookie with no training camp, no AP and barely any Offensive Line! I was ready to replace him with Webb in the first quarter after his 3rd TO, but then he came back, made some nice throws and scored a couple of TDs...progress. Good to see some positive before giving Webb some time too.

Both of those fumbles are on the LT...he got raped from behind seconds after the ball entered his hands. Throwing into triple coverage I can't defend, but you know the rooks going to make mistakes, specially when he knows another hit is coming any second! D'oh!!

And quit ripping on his arm strength. Did you not see the two deep balls he overthrew Aromashodu on!?!??? We still need one, reliable, true deep threat at WR...a big fast guy who can get downfield and catch those big throws. This and some better blocking and the whole offense suddenly looks better, even Peterson!! (who already looks pretty durn good)

I love Webb, great athlete, plays with a lot of heart!! But, not sure he's starting NFL QB material. But I sure would like to see him get some more looks! I keep thinking we should give him the ball as a WR on an end-around and let him make the call...if they suck up toward the run, he throws deep to whoever gets open, if there's room to run, he's got the speed to get a first down and more!

And, I like that we added Sage. He's a decent vet if called upon and gives us one (affordable) guy at the position who's got some experience to try and help our young talent. Basically, for the first time in a long time, QB is the least of our worries. Like it or not, we need to give Ponder 3 or 4 years and some help to see what he can become.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast