Big C is offline Coordinator

Anyone know anything about this trade proposal?

"The Vikings discussed a trade with Tampa Bay for Williams, but the deal was not completed before Tuesday's deadline. The club received no serious trade offers for defensive tackle Chris Hovan, Tice said". - From KFAN.

Are they talking about Moe, Brian and Kevin? Or do they mean they were trying to get another Williams from the Bucs? Confused :scratch:

It didn't go through but it's interesting to see what they were thinking.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

The Bucs inquired on Moe Williams. Glad he's still a Vike.
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

moe is a great power back. he does well on third or fourth and 2,1,and inches, plus can get big gains when holes open up.
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I saw that same thing, that reporter needs to become more specific, it got me all confused too.

pep2moss is offline Rookie

yeah i was confused alot after reading that but i'm glad we didn't make any deals because i dont think we would have got much in return

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Here's the article if anyone has not seen it yet>.

Posted on Thu, Oct. 21, 2004

Bennett, Henderson practice

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

Although the Vikings have thrived in spite of injuries, they welcomed two starters back to the lineup at Wednesday's practice.

E.J. Henderson returned to his usual spot as the starting middle linebacker, and Michael Bennett restarted his attempt to come back from his right knee injury.

Bennett completed most of practice Wednesday, but Henderson was not able to finish, which means today will be important for him in his bid to resume his role.

Henderson started in the Vikings' base defense, but he missed part of practice later. As he left the facility, he said he was feeling good and wants to jump back into the lineup.

The Vikings are looking forward to his return, although rookie Dontarrious Thomas played well in his absence.

Coach Mike Tice said Henderson's return would "settle us down," noting Thomas did not make the defensive calls, which a middle linebacker usually does.

Meanwhile, Bennett said he felt fine after practice.

"Everything went well," Bennett said.

He expressed similar sentiments on Sept. 30, after his first full-contact practice of the season. But tests later revealed he twisted his knee, and he needed arthroscopic surgery on Oct. 4. He wore a bulky brace to stabilize his knee Wednesday.

Bennett said he wouldn't wear the brace during the game. But he's listed as questionable, and Tice said the Vikings would "nurse (Bennett) along a little."

Bennett isn't expected to play much as rookie Mewelde Moore, who will start a third consecutive game, gets the bulk of the carries. Given his injuries, the Vikings want to be very careful with Bennett, whose greatest asset is his speed.

"We certainly don't want to rush him into anything," Tice said.

Linebacker Chris Claiborne did not practice Wednesday because of his strained calf. He is listed as questionable, although he's unlikely to play Sunday. Raonall Smith will start in his place at weak-side linebacker.

No Moss: The familiar and famous No. 84 jersey was represented on the practice field at Winter Park Wednesday, and the player's blazing speed was on display.

Upon closer inspection, though, the player was six inches too short and even skinnier than usual.

That player was prankster Kelly Campbell, not superstar Randy Moss.

Moss did not practice because of a strained right hamstring, and he is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against Tennessee. He is not scheduled to practice today, and Tice said Moss' availability would be a game-time decision.

With the prospect of Moss out, Tice said Sunday might provide an opportunity to run the ball more, noting that a Vikings running back had yet to score a rushing touchdown this season.

"So maybe this will be a great week to run the ball a whole lot and see if we can't get rushing touchdowns," he said. "That would be fun."

The Titans have several linebackers and defensive tackles listed as questionable, including Albert Haynesworth and Rocky Calmus.

Briefly: Tice said on his weekly radio show on KFAN that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers talked to the Vikings about acquiring running back Moe Williams before Tuesday's trade deadline.

• Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper was chosen FedEx player of the week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sean Jensen covers the Vikings and the NFL. He can be reached at [email protected]
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Yeah, with any name like Williams or Johnson in the NFL you need to put a first name. Those two names alone could account for about 1/4 of the players, lol.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"MOSSISBOSS88" wrote:
    moe is a great power back. he does well on third or fourth and 2,1,and inches, plus can get big gains when holes open up.
    Moe is no power back. He's pretty averaged sized to even smallish as far as NFL RBs go. If Moe is successful, it's usually because the offensive line has opened up a big enough hole for him to sneak through for some positive yards.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You don't have to be big to be a power back...just have exceptional lower body strength, which I think that Moe does have.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Moe is a power back. Not in the traditional "hey look I have a gut" sense like Jerome Bettis or the Fridge, but he is very strong and runs very well in short yardage.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.