Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Anyone hate the Eagles now?

"jackyl" wrote:
    yeah congrats on all your rings.
    And some things never change. When in doubt about the current team...Cowboys fans turn to the ring comment. Its about as predictable as Parcells' bra size. :thumbleft:

"ADubya26" wrote:
    I dont know if you guys remember me, but I used to be Metrodome27, and i started a thread on what teams people hate most...of course my number one was the Eagles. I dont think it is the team that irks me, but rather the fans and people who compare McNabb to god and belittle Culpepper's abilities in comparison to him. I do believe that McNabb is a good quarterback, no doubt - but his inaccuracy and tendency to choke in the NFC title game every year make me believe he is short of extraordinary. Granted, Culpepper has had Moss to throw to during his career, but he has also had to deal with a team rated in the bottom of the league in defense(Eagles used to be top 5 for a few years). This game is so important to me because now Eagles fans can't say they dont have a big receiver, or make any other excuses for McNabb. To me, this game is my Daunte Culpepper vs. their Donovan McNabb; my Randy Moss vs. their Terrell Owens, etc, etc. I just want to be able to silence those people who have been taunting me over the past few seasons about the Eagles. This game is going to be huge! Go Vikes!!
    I'm not quite sure where you get that stuff?

I don't ever recall reading where anyone has ever belittled Culpepper's abilities at all.

Philly Girl- Im not saying all Philly Fans, I know you have no said anything to the effect of what i wrote. I am talking on more of a personal basis, like my friends and other Philly fans I know. I wasnt trying to aim my comments at you.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    And some things never change. When in doubt about the current team...Cowboys fans turn to the ring comment. Its about as predictable as Parcells' bra size. :thumbleft:
    Ok current team them... You still managed to successfully blow 3 NFC Championships in a row.

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Philly Girl- Im not saying all Philly Fans, I know you have no said anything to the effect of what i wrote. I am talking on more of a personal basis, like my friends and other Philly fans I know. I wasnt trying to aim my comments at you.
    Oh, I know...I just can't imagine what knowledgable fan would say something ridiculous like that. But then again, all fanbases have their own nitwits.

And Cowboyfan...until the Cowboys can start beating the eagles (not counting the game last year when McNabb had the broken thumb) on a consistent basis...you really don't have much room to talk. Better to be there then not at all.

Del Rio Guest

Don't bother arguing with her. She will just keep skirting the subject. Then play a victim. Then try to talk some more trash. If they had rings they would flaunt them as well.

But I do have to say the Walker trade for like 8 draft picks gave you guys your Jimmy Johnson superbowls. Just another Viking blunder that backfired in the worst way.

huh? what are you talking about? Skirting WHAT subject? The Dallas/Philly arguments are lifelong arguments. DallasFan knows what I am talking about. We were born arguing with each other. :lol:

Del Rio Guest

Yeah that's a rivalry I know nothing about only that it is a big one.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Yeah that's a rivalry I know nothing about only that it is a big one.
    Think Packers/Vikings. Vile hatred. LOL...its great. I love it.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    But I do have to say the Walker trade for like 8 draft picks gave you guys your Jimmy Johnson superbowls. Just another Viking blunder that backfired in the worst way.
    I totally agree!!. The Vikes could've had Emmitt and Woodson and rings all over had Herschel stayed in Dallas. :salute:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast