darkflood is offline Starter

Anyone going to the Vikes/Pack game?

If anyone is going to this game, I would like to find out where you will be and meet some of the members here. I think I will be tailgating with :-[ Packers fans, but is there a system for fellow PP.O members to seek each other out?
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anyone going to the Vikes/Pack game?

I was planning to go...all that has dramatically changed in the past 72 hours.

At the begining of the season, I arrainged ticket purchase through a Packer fan co-worker of mine, I was quoted a price of $75 per seat...that included a mark-up as these were NOT going to be $75 seats.
    Oh well, I can live with that.

6 weeks ago, as I attempted to confirm the arraingement, I was quoted a price of $125 per seat - bear in mind that these are regularly between $57 and $67 seats.
    Ok, fine, I didn't dance for joy, but I can roll with the punch...after all, how many times do I really plan to go to Lameblow?

Wednesday, I was told the price had hiked - again - to $225 per seat.
    Now I have no issue with reasonable profits, but when I attempted to lock in pricing at the opening of the season, and my co-worker's supplier hemmed and hawed, I should have seen this comming.
    The "excuse" is that this could be Brett Favre's last game - they've been singing that same song for 2 years, and will continue singing it for another two IMO.

So, as of right now, barring a "Christmas Miracle", I am NOT planning to attend.
    Instead, I will head over to a Buddy's house and drink copious quantities of beer (Something I wouldn't do at Lameblow since I would be driving), and heckle the Packers (Most of my friends are idiots....err....Packer fans).

Caine

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

I will be there...section 117 row 12 on the 40 yard line seats 9-12..its behind the vikings bench. What a christmas gift from my wife's grandma. They are packer fans and have season tickets but this time I get to benefit!!!
    ;D
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I will be there as well... All I know is that the seats are on the 40 yard line, and they are seast 1-4.. Don't know just yet what side they are on, as they are an early Christmas present from the future father in law.. I guess I will find out on Thursday..