Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

Re: Is Anyone Else Worried About Our Coaching Staff?

Am I worried? No, I am quite hopeful about the whole thing. I think the new coaches are going to breath new life into the organization and give the fans something to look foward to. I think we've needed this for a long time now, and the new owner has the guts and passion to flesh out his dreams for the Vikings.

ancoin is offline Starter

not for Tomlin and Chilldress but the OC have not done any think. Do your thinks he coached Favre, and not Favre coached him?

Thank to Lotza

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    Here's a quote that might make some people feel better about the offensive coordinator:

One prospective assistant Childress never doubted was Bevell, who played for him at Wisconsin from 1992-95 and is a longtime devotee of the West Coast offense. Bevell will neither call plays nor coach a position, meaning his primary role will be to install and teach the offense -- Childress' way.

"He knows it forward and backward," Childress said. "He'll say it exactly the way I want it said. I think it's very important that you speak with one voice, that there is no margin for error. I think that is very important as you go forward that everybody knows ... and everybody is saying the exact same thing."
    He's not going to be calling plays on Sunday, basically his only role is to teach the offense to the players. It sounds like he knows it well, and if thats his primary job on the team, then his inexperience shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Here's the entire article.
    Sounds to me that Bevell will be nothing more than a puppet on a string.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

At this stage of the game, it's all conjecture. We can guess, surmise, hope, pray, doubt, etc. all we want, but we'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out.

Personally, I'm comfortable with everyone we've picked up, except for Bevel.....although the post that alberta_vike brought to us makes me feel a little easier. I like the fact we're NOT getting a Head Coach that couldn't get it done on his previous team, and are instead going after fresh new faces that feel they have something to prove.

My early offseason prediction? 7-9, with most of the losses happening in the first half of the season while the coaches and players get attuned to each other. We'll end with a late 6-7 game winning streak that will show things are coming together. I also think the Offense will gel quicker than the Defense to their new respective schemes.

All we can say for certain, is that it's going to be a very interesting season.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i don't know why everyone is so worried for? childress had lots of people to choose from for each coach it's not like he was limited like a lot of these other coaches will be.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Collegeguy, just cause he has the pick of the litter, don't mean they are gonna be successful next year. They are gonna hit the bottom of the learning curve hard, ....but they are at the bottom of it.

I am HOPING for an 8-8 season next year. It could be much uglier with the wholesale changes. Gruden was not a rookie, and had Kiffen. Tampa's D won their games.

The potential is there for us....hmmm, just like with the players the last few years. If they can pick up a G.M. with clue one, the depth will be there too....it is basically there already. But, the players have to learn new systems, the coaches have to figure out what they have and who goes where, etc. Gonna be next year, for even a winning record.

We do have a soft schedule next year, most likely. AFC East and NFC West.....but that changes every year...we will see. I think they made some great choices, but, it ain't gonna help next year.

Toro is offline Rookie

The thing that I don't understand is why are they so intent on The West Coast offense. This offense has been one of the best offenses the past decade. Why would they change that?
    "This is a kick-ass offense" - BC

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I guess the thing that I'm worried about most is the gameday play calling. We now have a head coach and an O-coordinator that have never called plays during a game (at least at the pro level). I'm not worried about the preparation during the week though.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Worry is wasted energy. I'm not going to worry until I see what they can do.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Typical girl logic from a non-typical girl!! lol jk WBL!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast