Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GQVikesfan is offline Starter

Anyone else upset that..

Marcus Robinson was a bust? I had high expectations from him and he let me down.. I mean come'on injuries are injuries I know.. and He needs to be rested to play in the regular season but, it seems like he aint doin sh**. We have Nate Burleson as #2 now and thats ok, but we paid Marcus 9mill for 4 years and basically we are going to pay him to sit on his a$$. Hopefully Nate can get some pressure off of Moss.
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Anyone else upset that..

I think it is a little early to state that, I heard he should be ready the first or second game of the season, but won't be #2 for obvious reasons. Anyone know the signing bonus we gave him?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Anyone else upset that..

"GQVikesfan" wrote:
    Marcus Robinson was a bust? I had high expectations from him and he let me down.. I mean come'on injuries are injuries I know.. and He needs to be rested to play in the regular season but, it seems like he aint doin sh**. We have Nate Burleson as #2 now and thats ok, but we paid Marcus 9mill for 4 years and basically we are going to pay him to sit on his a$$. Hopefully Nate can get some pressure off of Moss.

Wow, are you serious dude? It is the 3rd week of preseason and he is already a bust?? I would rather have him sit out and get his hamstring healthy, then play injured and get hurt much worse. I think a lot of people are overeacting to him, because of what happened with derrick alexander. Just wait guys, before you start labeling him a bust. Alexander retired after his failure here, but robinson has many good years left in him, provided his knees stay healthy. We are lucky to have burleson. Remember that we did have the #1 offense in the league last year, with burleson and cambell as our #2 adn #3 WR's and without bennett for most of the year. I wouldn't worry too much if burleson and cambell are our #2 and #3 for a couple games, while robinson gets healthy.

Some players can play hurt, and some can't. Robinson is a guy who has been hurt the last 3 years, so it is probably better he doesn't play with a sore hamstring. If it was a guy like moss or burleson, who didn't have a history of injuries, then they could possibly play, but I wouldn't risk robinson. Give him some time, he will have some big games for us this year, unlike bates and alexander of the last 2 years.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Anyone else upset that..

Hey, I saw the guy catch a 55 yard pass from Frerotte in the first preseason game. I don't see how you call that "a bust".

It remains to be see when/if/how much Robinson plays, but I believe he will be a vital cog in the Vikings offensive machine this season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

GQVikesfan is offline Starter

Anyone else upset that..

Well I hope all of you guys are right. I really want the Vikes to go all the way this year. Even if they just go to the playoff's I'll be happy. I still have a sour taste in my mouth ever since the Cards knocked the Vikes out of the playoffs last year (I was there). We have a better defense now and I know that we were rated #1 offense last year with Moss, Nate and Campbell.. but we did spend money on Robinson to contribute and make us even better. I will retract my previous statement about Robinson being a bust but I am still skeptical.. Hopefully our team will click this year and bring us home a Superbowl trophy.
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

Anyone else upset that..

"GQVikesfan" wrote:
    Well I hope all of you guys are right. I really want the Vikes to go all the way this year. Even if they just go to the playoff's I'll be happy. I still have a sour taste in my mouth ever since the Cards knocked the Vikes out of the playoffs last year (I was there). We have a better defense now and I know that we were rated #1 offense last year with Moss, Nate and Campbell.. but we did spend money on Robinson to contribute and make us even better. I will retract my previous statement about Robinson being a bust but I am still skeptical.. Hopefully our team will click this year and bring us home a Superbowl trophy.

It is easy to see how you can be skeptical, but just give robinson some time. He may not play in every game, but he will give us some big games this year when he does. As long as some of those big games are in the playoffs and during the super bowl, I will be happy.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Anyone else upset that..

no
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Anyone else upset that..

I hardly think Robinson can be called a bust at this point :roll:

For crying out loud, it's the preseason - are you going to call Birk a bust just because HE'S hurt? Or how about Moe Williams?

Let's wait until at least the real season starts before we start calling him a bust.

Or did you not see what he did in the Atlanta game? Granted, he may be a little injury-prone, but a bust? Not yet...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Anyone else upset that..

Agreed, give him some time. Took him a little while to get going last season too.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Anyone else upset that..

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Agreed, give him some time. Took him a little while to get going last season too.

Hell, after the way burleson played tonight, I have no problem letting him sit out for awhile and get 100% healthy. Burleson looked awesome tonight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast