Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 183
  1. #21
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Since the Chicago game this team has shown improvement. No team is perfect. It is easy to pick out the faults when you watch a team as closely as we do the Vikings.

    An outsider viewing this site sure must think there is a disconnect somewhere, when so many here call for the firing of the head coach at a time when the team is tied for first.

    I have changed my position on Childress since the Chicago game. I still think he could have done more to get us a better QB. But I actually think his system will be just fine when he does get a better QB, next year.

    I like the physical team he is building.

    Good post Paul.



    Great post as well Jargon.
    Hit the nail on the head Sir.

  2. #22
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    I didn't read the entire thread your referring to.. i did post in it though.. i read the last two pages...

    however, I feel what you are saying about fans not being happy with a win... i was talking to my brother about it and he was like, turnovers are part of football... a win is a win.. thats football...

    But on a side note, i think a lot of people just (given our talent) want our football team to improve... and yesterday, even with the 14-0 lead, saw quite a few opportunities that the jags just didn't take advantage of to get back in the game.. specifically those 2 missed gimme field goals, which would have put them down by 1 going into halftime after being up 14-0...

    I think it's the little things like that (nitpicky if you wanna call it that) that ppl are looking at and seeing the same kind of breaks that a better team would have taken advantage of and gotten back in the game...

    ppl want to see us get better every week... and for what it's worth, QB play lately has been getting worse, which i think alot is attributed to the O-line... things like that are what ppl are looking at...

    you guys are right, a win is a win and we're in first place, however, given our schedule and the teams we play going forward, we can't afford to keep playing mediocre football and waiting for teams to make mistakes for us to capitalize on.... we need to dominate a team like we are capable of... because good teams won't make those mistakes...

    and i think there is where lies the areas of criticism.... If we play a good team say the giants, in the playoffs or with the playoffs on the line, and play like we did today... the outcome could be very different.. as we were not 18 points better than the jags today...

  3. #23
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    The reason alot are negative is we have a reason to be. We have a terrible HC who can barely run the O (unless Bevell is, and if he is he should have been fired long ago). We have a QB who shouldnt even be the backup qb on most teams. We have a D that can really only play with a lead, and then they still give up huge passing yards. Doesnt matter if you can stop the run when you are only 6-5.

    Just because we play in a weak division its no reason to be proud of this season. We are still the same mediocore team Dickless has turned us into. Really, with our talent on this team we should be 9-2. But because of bad ST play, no real QB AFTER 3 FING years, we are barely above .500.

    I am happy we won outdoors and on the road. But everytime things look up for us, reality hits the next week.

  4. #24
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    not sure if this counts for all or most tampa bay fans, but here around the orlando area, a lot of people are calling for grudens head as well. tampa is 8-3 winning the division and fans here are as outspoken as viking fans are. seems every team has their passionate outspoken fans.

    we had to win yesterdays game to stay in the hunt, and i absolutely love the fact we won by more than 3 pts for once this season. even if we had won by 1 pt i would be happy cause that means the next game is going to be that much more exciting to watch. dont get me wrong i would still watch the games if the vikings were 1-10 but it doesnt have the excitement of watching them duke it out with the bears for the lead or tie in the division.

    the vikes went on a nice streak around this time of year last year. my guess is it going to happen again. but the coaching and play has to improve from what i saw yesterday if thats going to happen and i dont think anyone can argue that.

  5. #25
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    I haven't been posting here much at all because I, too, am sick of the negativity after every game win or lose. Me thinks this board is going to the "dogs" because so many "Maddan" types think they are a coach with lots of NFL experience. Heck most of them never played even high school football.
    We all know this team has QB problems. Heck, most of us knew that from the beginning. We thought that Allen, Williams and Berrian would be the "salvation" for this team. Well guess what? Williams was out for almost half the season and still isn't up to speed. Berrian has been hampered most of the season with a bum foot and ankle. I am surprised Allen is even playing. You could tell he wasn't himself this past Sunday because he was hardly even using his arms to push off blockers. Neither Ferotte or Jackson are elite NFL QB's and one our top defensive lineman was out for the first four games. And yet we are tied for the lead in our division. OK, so it's a weak division. I'll give you that. But those guys are playing well despite some obvious setbacks.
    I would like to see a better coach but I think Childress has done the best he could with what he has. Ya, we'll probably lose our first playoff game (if we make the playoffs) and we'll see what Zygi has in store for us next year. And then we'll get excited all over again.
    I've been at this too long to give up now.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I haven't been posting here much at all because I, too, am sick of the negativity after every game win or lose. Me thinks this board is going to the "dogs" because so many "Maddan" types think they are a coach with lots of NFL experience. Heck most of them never played even high school football.
    We all know this team has QB problems. Heck, most of us knew that from the beginning. We thought that Allen, Williams and Berrian would be the "salvation for this team. Well guess what? Williams was out for almost half the season and still isn't up to speed. Berrian has been hampered most of the season with a bum foot and ankle. I am surprised Allen is even playing. You could tell he wasn't himself this past Sunday because he was hardly even using his arms to push off blockers. Neither Ferotte or Jackson at elite NFL QB's and one our top defensive lineman was out for the first four games. And yet we are tied for the lead in our division. OK, so it's a weak division. I'll give you that. But those guys are playing well despite some obvious setbacks.
    I would like to see a better coach but I think Childress has done the best he could with what he has. Ya, we'll probably lose our first playoff game (if we make the playoffs) and we'll see what Zygi has in store for us next year. And then we'll get excited all over again.
    I've been at this too long to give up now.
    Great post Cojo.
    My biggest peave is when people blame the HC for everything that goes wrong without knowing what happens behind the scenes.
    No one ever wants to blame Peterson for anything because he is a great player.
    That is just an example.
    People here would blame Childress if I farted in their car and wouldn't roll the window down.

  7. #27
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I haven't been posting here much at all because I, too, am sick of the negativity after every game win or lose. Me thinks this board is going to the "dogs" because so many "Maddan" types think they are a coach with lots of NFL experience. Heck most of them never played even high school football.
    We all know this team has QB problems. Heck, most of us knew that from the beginning. We thought that Allen, Williams and Berrian would be the "salvation for this team. Well guess what? Williams was out for almost half the season and still isn't up to speed. Berrian has been hampered most of the season with a bum foot and ankle. I am surprised Allen is even playing. You could tell he wasn't himself this past Sunday because he was hardly even using his arms to push off blockers. Neither Ferotte or Jackson at elite NFL QB's and one our top defensive lineman was out for the first four games. And yet we are tied for the lead in our division. OK, so it's a weak division. I'll give you that. But those guys are playing well despite some obvious setbacks.
    I would like to see a better coach but I think Childress has done the best he could with what he has. Ya, we'll probably lose our first playoff game (if we make the playoffs) and we'll see what Zygi has in store for us next year. And then we'll get excited all over again.
    I've been at this too long to give up now.
    [size=90pt]+1[/size]

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The reason alot are negative is we have a reason to be. We have a terrible HC who can barely run the O (unless Bevell is, and if he is he should have been fired long ago). We have a QB who shouldnt even be the backup qb on most teams. We have a D that can really only play with a lead, and then they still give up huge passing yards. Doesnt matter if you can stop the run when you are only 6-5.

    Just because we play in a weak division its no reason to be proud of this season. We are still the same mediocore team Dickless has turned us into. Really, with our talent on this team we should be 9-2. But because of bad ST play, no real QB AFTER 3 FING years, we are barely above .500.

    I am happy we won outdoors and on the road. But everytime things look up for us, reality hits the next week.
    Yes, there are negative aspects of our play.
    But there are also positive aspects, and if you pull your head out of the ground for a second you would see that.

    We have the leagues best RB in AD and the best running duo in AD & CT.
    We have a top ten defense - ranking #9 in yards per game and #1 in forced fumbles.
    We give up passing yardage - but have only allowed 9 passing TDs this year.
    That is 4th best in the league.
    Can you say bend-don't-break?
    We are tied for first in our division - which despite your negative assertion is NOT the weakest in the league (Hello AFC West and NFC West).

    You have no idea what reality is, so take your negative bullshit somewhere else.
    The fact is that while there are areas we need to improve upon (specifically QB), there are a lot of areas that we are performing well in.
    We get a good game out of our QB, and I don't think that there is a team in the league this year that we can't beat.
    THAT is why I am looking forward to the playoffs.
    It is a whole new game at that point, and anything can happen.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The reason alot are negative is we have a reason to be. We have a terrible HC who can barely run the O (unless Bevell is, and if he is he should have been fired long ago). We have a QB who shouldnt even be the backup qb on most teams. We have a D that can really only play with a lead, and then they still give up huge passing yards. Doesnt matter if you can stop the run when you are only 6-5.

    Just because we play in a weak division its no reason to be proud of this season. We are still the same mediocore team Dickless has turned us into. Really, with our talent on this team we should be 9-2. But because of bad ST play, no real QB AFTER 3 FING years, we are barely above .500.

    I am happy we won outdoors and on the road. But everytime things look up for us, reality hits the next week.
    Yes, there are negative aspects of our play.
    But there are also positive aspects, and if you pull your head out of the ground for a second you would see that.

    We have the leagues best RB in AD and the best running duo in AD & CT.
    We have a top ten defense - ranking #9 in yards per game and #1 in forced fumbles.
    We give up passing yardage - but have only allowed 9 passing TDs this year.
    That is 4th best in the league.
    Can you say bend-don't-break?
    We are tied for first in our division - which despite your negative assertion is NOT the weakest in the league (Hello AFC West and NFC West).

    You have no idea what reality is, so take your negative bullshit somewhere else.
    The fact is that while there are areas we need to improve upon (specifically QB), there are a lot of areas that we are performing well in.
    We get a good game out of our QB, and I don't think that there is a team in the league this year that we can't beat.
    THAT is why I am looking forward to the playoffs.
    It is a whole new game at that point, and anything can happen.
    Great post Paul.
    I think allot of people here want Childress gone so bad they try and fins every single negative but they don't praise him where it is due either.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    130

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    The reason alot are negative is we have a reason to be. We have a terrible HC who can barely run the O (unless Bevell is, and if he is he should have been fired long ago). We have a QB who shouldnt even be the backup qb on most teams. We have a D that can really only play with a lead, and then they still give up huge passing yards. Doesnt matter if you can stop the run when you are only 6-5.

    Just because we play in a weak division its no reason to be proud of this season. We are still the same mediocore team Dickless has turned us into. Really, with our talent on this team we should be 9-2. But because of bad ST play, no real QB AFTER 3 FING years, we are barely above .500.

    I am happy we won outdoors and on the road. But everytime things look up for us, reality hits the next week.
    Yes, there are negative aspects of our play.
    But there are also positive aspects, and if you pull your head out of the ground for a second you would see that.

    We have the leagues best RB in AD and the best running duo in AD & CT.
    We have a top ten defense - ranking #9 in yards per game and #1 in forced fumbles.
    We give up passing yardage - but have only allowed 9 passing TDs this year.
    That is 4th best in the league.
    Can you say bend-don't-break?
    We are tied for first in our division - which despite your negative assertion is NOT the weakest in the league (Hello AFC West and NFC West).

    You have no idea what reality is, so take your negative kaka del rio somewhere else.
    The fact is that while there are areas we need to improve upon (specifically QB), there are a lot of areas that we are performing well in.
    We get a good game out of our QB, and I don't think that there is a team in the league this year that we can't beat.
    THAT is why I am looking forward to the playoffs.
    It is a whole new game at that point, and anything can happen.
    Great post Paul.
    I think allot of people here want Childress gone so bad they try and fins every single negative but they don't praise him where it is due either.
    Agreed.
    I would like Childress gone because I don;t think he has what it takes to get us to the promised land, but I iwll not lambast him or the team the day after a good solid win.
    Even without the 14 points in the first 2 minutes we would have won because our D was able to hold the Jags to 10 points.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Don't worry, be...negative?
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 08:25 AM
  2. Texans win with negative yards passing
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 09:38 AM
  3. Stop the Negative Waves
    By WisconsinSucks in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 08:04 PM
  4. Unofficial NEGATIVE thread...
    By Phlegm in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 07:58 PM
  5. Negative Nancies
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 08:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •