Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

It's more fun
    to bitch, whine and prove to everyone your a moron who knows dick about football.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

3 cheers to mediocrity.

We aren't the winless Lions.
    -there can be only one.

We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    -we have 100% more talent besides the qb position than any of those teams.

We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    -we would have to be great to fall. good call.

We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.
    -we are close to losing P&K Willwall - prepare for the worst.

the vikings have been mediocre for 8 years, i want the team to do better.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I'm so happy about this thread. The negative attitudes suck.

The QB situation is exactly as Nodak said. Don't expect either QB to all of a sudden flip a switch and be good. Expect average play, which is what we got. 4 picks is unnacceptable, but one pick is fine.

People criticized the decision to use Taylor over Peterson. We used Taylor over Peterson yesterday, and it worked, yet people still complain.

People criticzed the lack of ability to close games when we had the lead. We closed the game yesterday. Take away the two early TDs and we still be Jacksonville. Yet people still complain.

People criticize Chilly's lack of second half adjustments. We outscored Jacksonville 13-2 in the second half yet people still complain.

That being said, I have my own criticisms to recount for.
    Rice stepped up like I thought he needed to.
    Despite no TDs, Shank's last two games have been his best.

Other positive facts that need to be realized:
    Griffin's play.
    Hicks' play.
    Ray Edwards and Brian Robison were awesome yesterday.
    Penalties have been minimized.
    The secondary has eliminated big plays. We are no longer getting beat deep.
    Ryan Longwell.

This thread rocks.

People criticized the decision to use Taylor over Peterson. We used Taylor over Peterson yesterday, and it worked, yet people still complain.
    Do some of you even read the posts of just skim through them? You run the ball and wear down opponents when you have a 14-0 lead. We did not do that. It doesn't matter if you use Chester, Peterson, or even fucking Hicks. It is football 101. Not sure why some don't understand this. Most of our offensive points came because we ran the ball more on those drives. Hmmmmm! We do this and boom their offense says off the field and does not rack up that many yards.
    And here lies the negative merry-go round that many here are stuck in. Half of the posts are angry because of what you said, we did run the ball with the lead enough. However, another good chunk is angry because we did not go for the kill when we were up 14-0 and had the Jags on their heels. You don't do that by running. Yet again, our QBs sucks, so we should be running, blah, blah, blah.

The ends justify the means.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    I agree.
    I can say I am sick and tired of everyone blaming things where they shouldn't be blamed.
    I am happy as hell the Vikes won yesterday.
    But I think you are writing this becasue of what is going on in the thread "Post Game Thoughts, Rants & Observations".
    Isn't that a thread where everyone is supposed to put their observations and rants abuot what happened during the game.
    There are the people that yes, always criticize the team no matter what the outcome.
    No doubt about it and it makes me sick reading some of the posts.
    However there are the fans that understand the game and still want to say where things went wrong.
    If you tell me everything went right yesterday because they won 30-12 I am going to disagree.
    There were too many things that happened where if they played a better team they would have eaten the Vikings alive.
    Sad but true.

To answer your question, yes I am aggrivated because people have no clue about the game of football and the different variables that can happen during a game.
    Those same people will beeyatch becasue they didn't win 50 - 0.
    I for one am not bitching about the win but I do believe they didn't play a perfect game or even close to being perfect.
    I don't think anyone can disagree with that statement.
    IMO there were too many 3rd and longs that were converted by the Jags.
    When it's 3rd and 22 or 25 and they convert that gives me reason for concern.

Hope that makes sense.
    It does make sense, and it is OK to point out where we need to improve.
    Many have taken it an extra step and are crusading, which is getting stupid.
    A lot of the people doing it are smart people who are getting caught up in the negative wave, and just need a little wake up call to get back on track.
    I am hoping this thread can serve as that wake up call for some people, and we can reel in the negativity a bit.

BTW, in regards to the third down conversions, this was an interesting note I saw on Access Vikings:
    The Jaguars were five of seven on third down at one point. But they converted only one of their final seven chances. Conversely, the Vikings were 1-for-8 before going 3-for-3 on third down on the touchdown drive in the fourth quarter.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"petrodemos" wrote:
    3 cheers to mediocrity.

We aren't the winless Lions.
    -there can be only one.

We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    -we have 100% more talent besides the qb position than any of those teams.

We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    -we would have to be great to fall. good call.

We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.
    -we are close to losing P&K Willwall - prepare for the worst.

the vikings have been mediocre for 8 years, i want the team to do better.
    There is a difference between being satisfied with mediocrity and never being satisfied with a win.
    I want the team to do better as well.
    Like maybe win the NFC North for the first time ever.
    To bad we don't have a shot at that... wait...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I'm so happy about this thread. The negative attitudes suck.

The QB situation is exactly as Nodak said. Don't expect either QB to all of a sudden flip a switch and be good. Expect average play, which is what we got. 4 picks is unnacceptable, but one pick is fine.

People criticzed the lack of ability to close games when we had the lead. We closed the game yesterday. Take away the two early TDs and we still be Jacksonville. Yet people still complain.

People criticize Chilly's lack of second half adjustments. We outscored Jacksonville 13-2 in the second half yet people still complain.

That being said, I have my own criticisms to recount for.
    Rice stepped up like I thought he needed to.
    Despite no TDs, Shank's last two games have been his best.

Other positive facts that need to be realized:
    Griffin's play.
    Hicks' play.
    Ray Edwards and Brian Robison were awesome yesterday.
    Penalties have been minimized.
    The secondary has eliminated big plays. We are no longer getting beat deep.
    Ryan Longwell.

This thread rocks.

Do some of you even read the posts of just skim through them? You run the ball and wear down opponents when you have a 14-0 lead. We did not do that. It doesn't matter if you use Chester, Peterson, or even fucking Hicks. It is football 101. Not sure why some don't understand this. Most of our offensive points came because we ran the ball more on those drives. Hmmmmm! We do this and boom their offense says off the field and does not rack up that many yards.
    And here lies the negative merry-go round that many here are stuck in. Half of the posts are angry because of what you said, we did run the ball with the lead enough. However, another good chunk is angry because we did not go for the kill when we were up 14-0 and had the Jags on their heels. You don't do that by running. Yet again, our QBs sucks, so we should be running, blah, blah, blah.

The ends justify the means.
    Thanks for your problem solving post. We did not run the ball enough. Check the stats before you make that assumption. We passed the ball more. I bet every coach in the league would disagree with you except Childress.

Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    Thanks for your problem solving post. We did not run the ball enough. Check the stats before you make that assumption. We passed the ball more. I bet every coach in the league would disagree with you except Childress.
    Didn't we have this conversation already?
    We ran 29 times and passed 27 times.

Breakdown

I would like to see us run the ball more too.
    But we did NOT pass the ball more than we ran, and we still won the game.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I agree.
    I can say I am sick and tired of everyone blaming things where they shouldn't be blamed.
    I am happy as hell the Vikes won yesterday.
    But I think you are writing this becasue of what is going on in the thread "Post Game Thoughts, Rants & Observations".
    Isn't that a thread where everyone is supposed to put their observations and rants abuot what happened during the game.
    There are the people that yes, always criticize the team no matter what the outcome.
    No doubt about it and it makes me sick reading some of the posts.
    However there are the fans that understand the game and still want to say where things went wrong.
    If you tell me everything went right yesterday because they won 30-12 I am going to disagree.
    There were too many things that happened where if they played a better team they would have eaten the Vikings alive.
    Sad but true.

To answer your question, yes I am aggrivated because people have no clue about the game of football and the different variables that can happen during a game.
    Those same people will beeyatch becasue they didn't win 50 - 0.
    I for one am not bitching about the win but I do believe they didn't play a perfect game or even close to being perfect.
    I don't think anyone can disagree with that statement.
    IMO there were too many 3rd and longs that were converted by the Jags.
    When it's 3rd and 22 or 25 and they convert that gives me reason for concern.

Hope that makes sense.
    It does make sense, and it is OK to point out where we need to improve.
    Many have taken it an extra step and are crusading, which is getting stupid.
    A lot of the people doing it are smart people who are getting caught up in the negative wave, and just need a little wake up call to get back on track.
    I am hoping this thread can serve as that wake up call for some people, and we can reel in the negativity a bit.

BTW, in regards to the third down conversions, this was an interesting note I saw on Access Vikings:
    The Jaguars were five of seven on third down at one point. But they converted only one of their final seven chances. Conversely, the Vikings were 1-for-8 before going 3-for-3 on third down on the touchdown drive in the fourth quarter.
    Perfect.
    Thanks for that research.
    That basically states exactly what I was saying.
    The adjustments in the 2nd half were made.
    I don't want to lose focus that some of the 3rd down passes by the Jags were drops but still the adjustments worked.
    My beef with this would be all the people that say Childress doesn't know how to make adjustments really don't know the ins and outs.

I applaud the fact you started this thread.
    At least I know I am not the only one or a very select few that looks at the entire picture.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Since the Chicago game this team has shown improvement. No team is perfect. It is easy to pick out the faults when you watch a team as closely as we do the Vikings.

An outsider viewing this site sure must think there is a disconnect somewhere, when so many here call for the firing of the head coach at a time when the team is tied for first.

I have changed my position on Childress since the Chicago game. I still think he could have done more to get us a better QB. But I actually think his system will be just fine when he does get a better QB, next year.

I like the physical team he is building.

Good post Paul.

What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Jilly is offline Coach

Hallelujah!! I so agree.

I think some on this site would prefer that we contact the Jaguars and offer to return the “W” back to them.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast