Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 183
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    What the hell is wrong with this fan base?

    Seriously.

    This is a pretty pathetic, shitty state of affairs.
    And I am not talking about the Vikings.
    I am talking about us.
    With every loss we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    And with every win we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    How stupid is this?
    Why can we not be happy with a win for once and accept the fact that we are tied for first place in our division, with a very real chance of winning it outright!

    We aren't the winless Lions.
    We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.

    I am sick and tired of seeing people attribute every win to luck.
    Luck my ass.
    Luck is part of the game, and good teams make their own luck.
    Like the Vikings did yesterday against the Jags.
    We capitalized on a mistake early to get the first 7 points, and forced a mistake to get the next 7.
    The Vikings forced two fumbles, sacked Garrard four times and intercepted him twice. The league's second-ranked rush defense also held Jacksonville to 35 yards on the ground. The Jaguars had been averaging 118 rushing yards a game.

    We deserved that win.

    Was our QB play stellar?
    Nope.
    And you know what? Get fucking used to it.
    Regardless of which Vikings QB we put under center, it is going to be about the same.
    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).

    PurplePride.org is "Home to Vikings Fans World Wide".
    That means that this is a place to celebrate our Vikings.
    Show our love for the team.
    And yes, bitch when there is something to bitch about.
    But we have taken it to a whole new level this year.
    After we have a decisive, 18 point victory, there shouldn't be 15 pages of negative posts complaining that "The Vikings won the game but a lot of it was because the Jags handed it to them."


    Yes, the Vikings need to work on some things.
    Most notably the coaching and the QB play.
    I have faith that both of these will be corrected in the offseason.
    We have had multiple people post that they want to see the Vikings lose because they think it will inspire a coaching change.
    And I think that is shit.


    I am proud of the winning effort our boys put forth yesterday.
    I am proud that we are in a tie for first place in the division.
    I plan on proudly cheering them on when we host our first playoff game since 2000.
    I am still proud to be a part of the biggest online Vikings community, but I am honestly embarrassed by some of our members lately.

    Skol Vikings.
    Bring on the Bears on Sunday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with this fan base?

    Seriously.

    This is a pretty pathetic, shitty state of affairs.
    And I am not talking about the Vikings.
    I am talking about us.
    With every loss we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    And with every win we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    How stupid is this?
    Why can we not be happy with a win for once and accept the fact that we are tied for first place in our division, with a very real chance of winning it outright!

    We aren't the winless Lions.
    We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.

    I am sick and tired of seeing people attribute every win to luck.
    Luck my ass.
    Luck is part of the game, and good teams make their own luck.
    Like the Vikings did yesterday against the Jags.
    We capitalized on a mistake early to get the first 7 points, and forced a mistake to get the next 7.
    The Vikings forced two fumbles, sacked Garrard four times and intercepted him twice. The league's second-ranked rush defense also held Jacksonville to 35 yards on the ground. The Jaguars had been averaging 118 rushing yards a game.

    We deserved that win.

    Was our QB play stellar?
    Nope.
    And you know what? Get fucking used to it.
    Regardless of which Vikings QB we put under center, it is going to be about the same.
    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).

    PurplePride.org is "Home to Vikings Fans World Wide".
    That means that this is a place to celebrate our Vikings.
    Show our love for the team.
    And yes, bitch when there is something to bitch about.
    But we have taken it to a whole new level this year.
    After we have a decisive, 18 point victory, there shouldn't be 15 pages of negative posts complaining that "The Vikings won the game but a lot of it was because the Jags handed it to them."


    Yes, the Vikings need to work on some things.
    Most notably the coaching and the QB play.
    I have faith that both of these will be corrected in the offseason.
    We have had multiple people post that they want to see the Vikings lose because they think it will inspire a coaching change.
    And I think that is shit.


    I am proud of the winning effort our boys put forth yesterday.
    I am proud that we are in a tie for first place in the division.
    I plan on proudly cheering them on when we host our first playoff game since 2000.
    I am still proud to be a part of the biggest online Vikings community, but I am honestly embarrassed by some of our members lately.

    Skol Vikings.
    Bring on the Bears on Sunday.
    Huge +1.
    I was talking to a guy in my office about this very thing this morning.

    I feel great today.
    I don't see any reason to feel anything but that.
    30-12 on the road freaking rocks.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with this fan base?

    Seriously.

    This is a pretty pathetic, poohie state of affairs.
    And I am not talking about the Vikings.
    I am talking about us.
    With every loss we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    And with every win we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    How stupid is this?
    Why can we not be happy with a win for once and accept the fact that we are tied for first place in our division, with a very real chance of winning it outright!

    We aren't the winless Lions.
    We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.

    I am sick and tired of seeing people attribute every win to luck.
    Luck my jiggly butt.
    Luck is part of the game, and good teams make their own luck.
    Like the Vikings did yesterday against the Jags.
    We capitalized on a mistake early to get the first 7 points, and forced a mistake to get the next 7.
    The Vikings forced two fumbles, sacked Garrard four times and intercepted him twice. The league's second-ranked rush defense also held Jacksonville to 35 yards on the ground. The Jaguars had been averaging 118 rushing yards a game.

    We deserved that win.

    Was our QB play stellar?
    Nope.
    And you know what? Get fricken used to it.
    Regardless of which Vikings QB we put under center, it is going to be about the same.
    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).

    PurplePride.org is "Home to Vikings Fans World Wide".
    That means that this is a place to celebrate our Vikings.
    Show our love for the team.
    And yes, beeyatch when there is something to beeyatch about.
    But we have taken it to a whole new level this year.
    After we have a decisive, 18 point victory, there shouldn't be 15 pages of negative posts complaining that "The Vikings won the game but a lot of it was because the Jags handed it to them."


    Yes, the Vikings need to work on some things.
    Most notably the coaching and the QB play.
    I have faith that both of these will be corrected in the offseason.
    We have had multiple people post that they want to see the Vikings lose because they think it will inspire a coaching change.
    And I think that is pooh.


    I am proud of the winning effort our boys put forth yesterday.
    I am proud that we are in a tie for first place in the division.
    I plan on proudly cheering them on when we host our first playoff game since 2000.
    I am still proud to be a part of the biggest online Vikings community, but I am honestly embarrassed by some of our members lately.

    Skol Vikings.
    Bring on the Bears on Sunday.
    Huge +1.
    I was talking to a guy in my office about this very thing this morning.

    I feel great today.
    I don't see any reason to feel anything but that.
    30-12 on the road freaking rocks.

    =Z=
    Hell yea, a win against anyone in the NFL, especially on the road is a reason to celebrate.
    Breaks go both ways, take advantage of them when you get them and never apologize.
    Makes next week's game all the more interesting, can't wait for it.

  4. #4
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    The win is great!

    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).
    We do against playoff caliber teams.

  5. #5
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with this fan base?

    Seriously.

    This is a pretty pathetic, shitty state of affairs.
    And I am not talking about the Vikings.
    I am talking about us.
    With every loss we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    And with every win we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    How stupid is this?
    Why can we not be happy with a win for once and accept the fact that we are tied for first place in our division, with a very real chance of winning it outright!

    We aren't the winless Lions.
    We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.

    I am sick and tired of seeing people attribute every win to luck.
    Luck my ass.
    Luck is part of the game, and good teams make their own luck.
    Like the Vikings did yesterday against the Jags.
    We capitalized on a mistake early to get the first 7 points, and forced a mistake to get the next 7.
    The Vikings forced two fumbles, sacked Garrard four times and intercepted him twice. The league's second-ranked rush defense also held Jacksonville to 35 yards on the ground. The Jaguars had been averaging 118 rushing yards a game.

    We deserved that win.

    Was our QB play stellar?
    Nope.
    And you know what? Get fucking used to it.
    Regardless of which Vikings QB we put under center, it is going to be about the same.
    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).

    PurplePride.org is "Home to Vikings Fans World Wide".
    That means that this is a place to celebrate our Vikings.
    Show our love for the team.
    And yes, bitch when there is something to bitch about.
    But we have taken it to a whole new level this year.
    After we have a decisive, 18 point victory, there shouldn't be 15 pages of negative posts complaining that "The Vikings won the game but a lot of it was because the Jags handed it to them."


    Yes, the Vikings need to work on some things.
    Most notably the coaching and the QB play.
    I have faith that both of these will be corrected in the offseason.
    We have had multiple people post that they want to see the Vikings lose because they think it will inspire a coaching change.
    And I think that is shit.


    I am proud of the winning effort our boys put forth yesterday.
    I am proud that we are in a tie for first place in the division.
    I plan on proudly cheering them on when we host our first playoff game since 2000.
    I am still proud to be a part of the biggest online Vikings community, but I am honestly embarrassed by some of our members lately.

    Skol Vikings.
    Bring on the Bears on Sunday.
    I agree.
    I can say I am sick and tired of everyone blaming things where they shouldn't be blamed.
    I am happy as hell the Vikes won yesterday.
    But I think you are writing this becasue of what is going on in the thread "Post Game Thoughts, Rants & Observations".
    Isn't that a thread where everyone is supposed to put their observations and rants abuot what happened during the game.
    There are the people that yes, always criticize the team no matter what the outcome.
    No doubt about it and it makes me sick reading some of the posts.
    However there are the fans that understand the game and still want to say where things went wrong.
    If you tell me everything went right yesterday because they won 30-12 I am going to disagree.
    There were too many things that happened where if they played a better team they would have eaten the Vikings alive.
    Sad but true.

    To answer your question, yes I am aggrivated because people have no clue about the game of football and the different variables that can happen during a game.
    Those same people will bitch becasue they didn't win 50 - 0.
    I for one am not bitching about the win but I do believe they didn't play a perfect game or even close to being perfect.
    I don't think anyone can disagree with that statement.
    IMO there were too many 3rd and longs that were converted by the Jags.
    When it's 3rd and 22 or 25 and they convert that gives me reason for concern.

    Hope that makes sense.

  6. #6
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    I'm so happy about this thread. The negative attitudes suck.

    The QB situation is exactly as Nodak said. Don't expect either QB to all of a sudden flip a switch and be good. Expect average play, which is what we got. 4 picks is unnacceptable, but one pick is fine.

    People criticized the decision to use Taylor over Peterson. We used Taylor over Peterson yesterday, and it worked, yet people still complain.

    People criticzed the lack of ability to close games when we had the lead. We closed the game yesterday. Take away the two early TDs and we still be Jacksonville. Yet people still complain.

    People criticize Chilly's lack of second half adjustments. We outscored Jacksonville 13-2 in the second half yet people still complain.

    That being said, I have my own criticisms to recount for.
    Rice stepped up like I thought he needed to.
    Despite no TDs, Shank's last two games have been his best.

    Other positive facts that need to be realized:
    Griffin's play.
    Hicks' play.
    Ray Edwards and Brian Robison were awesome yesterday.
    Penalties have been minimized.
    The secondary has eliminated big plays. We are no longer getting beat deep.
    Ryan Longwell.

    This thread rocks.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    The win is great!

    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).
    We do against playoff caliber teams.
    It would help - but it is not needed.
    We have all seen super bowls won on the backs of great defenses and mediocre QBs.
    The simple fact is that we have a legitimate shot.
    I would sure love to see our QB play improve.
    But that hasn't blinded me to the good things that the Vikes are doing out there too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    "V" wrote:
    I'm so happy about this thread. The negative attitudes suck.

    The QB situation is exactly as Nodak said. Don't expect either QB to all of a sudden flip a switch and be good. Expect average play, which is what we got. 4 picks is unnacceptable, but one pick is fine.

    People criticized the decision to use Taylor over Peterson. We used Taylor over Peterson yesterday, and it worked, yet people still complain.


    People criticzed the lack of ability to close games when we had the lead. We closed the game yesterday. Take away the two early TDs and we still be Jacksonville. Yet people still complain.

    People criticize Chilly's lack of second half adjustments. We outscored Jacksonville 13-2 in the second half yet people still complain.

    That being said, I have my own criticisms to recount for.
    Rice stepped up like I thought he needed to.
    Despite no TDs, Shank's last two games have been his best.

    Other positive facts that need to be realized:
    Griffin's play.
    Hicks' play.
    Ray Edwards and Brian Robison were awesome yesterday.
    Penalties have been minimized.
    The secondary has eliminated big plays. We are no longer getting beat deep.
    Ryan Longwell.

    This thread rocks.

    People criticized the decision to use Taylor over Peterson. We used Taylor over Peterson yesterday, and it worked, yet people still complain.
    Do some of you even read the posts of just skim through them? You run the ball and wear down opponents when you have a 14-0 lead. We did not do that. It doesn't matter if you use Chester, Peterson, or even fucking Hicks. It is football 101. Not sure why some don't understand this. Most of our offensive points came because we ran the ball more on those drives. Hmmmmm! We do this and boom their offense stays off the field and does not rack up that many yards.

  9. #9
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with this fan base?

    Seriously.

    This is a pretty pathetic, shitty state of affairs.
    And I am not talking about the Vikings.
    I am talking about us.
    With every loss we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    And with every win we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    How stupid is this?
    Why can we not be happy with a win for once and accept the fact that we are tied for first place in our division, with a very real chance of winning it outright!

    We aren't the winless Lions.
    We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.

    I am sick and tired of seeing people attribute every win to luck.
    Luck my ass.
    Luck is part of the game, and good teams make their own luck.
    Like the Vikings did yesterday against the Jags.
    We capitalized on a mistake early to get the first 7 points, and forced a mistake to get the next 7.
    The Vikings forced two fumbles, sacked Garrard four times and intercepted him twice. The league's second-ranked rush defense also held Jacksonville to 35 yards on the ground. The Jaguars had been averaging 118 rushing yards a game.

    We deserved that win.

    Was our QB play stellar?
    Nope.
    And you know what? Get fucking used to it.
    Regardless of which Vikings QB we put under center, it is going to be about the same.
    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).

    PurplePride.org is "Home to Vikings Fans World Wide".
    That means that this is a place to celebrate our Vikings.
    Show our love for the team.
    And yes, bitch when there is something to bitch about.
    But we have taken it to a whole new level this year.
    After we have a decisive, 18 point victory, there shouldn't be 15 pages of negative posts complaining that "The Vikings won the game but a lot of it was because the Jags handed it to them."


    Yes, the Vikings need to work on some things.
    Most notably the coaching and the QB play.
    I have faith that both of these will be corrected in the offseason.
    We have had multiple people post that they want to see the Vikings lose because they think it will inspire a coaching change.
    And I think that is shit.


    I am proud of the winning effort our boys put forth yesterday.
    I am proud that we are in a tie for first place in the division.
    I plan on proudly cheering them on when we host our first playoff game since 2000.
    I am still proud to be a part of the biggest online Vikings community, but I am honestly embarrassed by some of our members lately.

    Skol Vikings.
    Bring on the Bears on Sunday.
    And this post comes from the guy who removed his SB avatar while we were tied for first in the division ???

    :P :P

    ;D

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic kaka del rio?

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with this fan base?

    Seriously.

    This is a pretty pathetic, poohie state of affairs.
    And I am not talking about the Vikings.
    I am talking about us.
    With every loss we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    And with every win we crucify the Vikings for their mistakes, the QB for his inefficiency, the coach for his play calling, etc...
    How stupid is this?
    Why can we not be happy with a win for once and accept the fact that we are tied for first place in our division, with a very real chance of winning it outright!

    We aren't the winless Lions.
    We aren't the one win Chiefs or Bengals.
    Or the two win Rams or Seahawks, or the three win 49ers and Raiders.
    We aren't watching a fall from greatness like the Chargers or the Eagles.
    We didn't lose our MVP like the Patriots.

    I am sick and tired of seeing people attribute every win to luck.
    Luck my jiggly butt.
    Luck is part of the game, and good teams make their own luck.
    Like the Vikings did yesterday against the Jags.
    We capitalized on a mistake early to get the first 7 points, and forced a mistake to get the next 7.
    The Vikings forced two fumbles, sacked Garrard four times and intercepted him twice. The league's second-ranked rush defense also held Jacksonville to 35 yards on the ground. The Jaguars had been averaging 118 rushing yards a game.

    We deserved that win.

    Was our QB play stellar?
    Nope.
    And you know what? Get fricken used to it.
    Regardless of which Vikings QB we put under center, it is going to be about the same.
    But we don't need stellar QB play to win (obviously).

    PurplePride.org is "Home to Vikings Fans World Wide".
    That means that this is a place to celebrate our Vikings.
    Show our love for the team.
    And yes, beeyatch when there is something to beeyatch about.
    But we have taken it to a whole new level this year.
    After we have a decisive, 18 point victory, there shouldn't be 15 pages of negative posts complaining that "The Vikings won the game but a lot of it was because the Jags handed it to them."


    Yes, the Vikings need to work on some things.
    Most notably the coaching and the QB play.
    I have faith that both of these will be corrected in the offseason.
    We have had multiple people post that they want to see the Vikings lose because they think it will inspire a coaching change.
    And I think that is pooh.


    I am proud of the winning effort our boys put forth yesterday.
    I am proud that we are in a tie for first place in the division.
    I plan on proudly cheering them on when we host our first playoff game since 2000.
    I am still proud to be a part of the biggest online Vikings community, but I am honestly embarrassed by some of our members lately.

    Skol Vikings.
    Bring on the Bears on Sunday.
    And this post comes from the guy who removed his SB avatar while we were tied for first in the division ???

    :P :P

    ;D
    Nope.
    I removed last years super bowl avatar because I felt it had been up long enough...
    Nothing to do with our record.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Don't worry, be...negative?
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 08:25 AM
  2. Texans win with negative yards passing
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 09:38 AM
  3. Stop the Negative Waves
    By WisconsinSucks in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 08:04 PM
  4. Unofficial NEGATIVE thread...
    By Phlegm in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 07:58 PM
  5. Negative Nancies
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 08:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •