Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    All I'll say is if we get less than a second rounder for a 24 year old 4 year veteran who's that explosive every time he touches the ball, I'll be seriously disappointed.

He makes an impact every game he plays. Does he issues with staying on the field? Certainly. But I think getting rid of him for less than a very high draft pick would hurt us more than overpaying would help.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    All I'll say is if we get less than a second rounder for a 24 year old 4 year veteran who's that explosive every time he touches the ball, I'll be seriously disappointed.

He makes an impact every game he plays. Does he issues with staying on the field? Certainly. But I think getting rid of him for less than a very high draft pick would hurt us more than overpaying would help.
    I'd maybe trade him for Wallace AND the Steelers 2nd round pick this year and another sliding pick next year. He's too good and does way too much to just give him away! Think about how opposite they are!! Wallace is a one trick pony, albeit, the one trick we're missing most, a deep ball reciever. Harvin does it all and does it well...pretty sure he was leading the league in catches, YAC, and return yards before the injury. You just can't afford to let an Offensive Rookie of the Year type of a guy get away for nothing...You have to capitalize on the picks you hit, cuz there's always going to be ones you miss on too.

Besides, Wallace is most likely going to be a Free Agent, the Steelers can't afford and wouldn't pay him the Franchise tag price again next year anyway...too many other holes on that team. And, unless a contract gets signed, nobody is going to give anything up for him. My gut feeling is that the Steelers have lost their leverage with him due to his poor showing this season and his high asking price.

Picture instead, Wallace starting outside in a burner role with Harvin working underneath him out of the slot and backfield...and, perhaps, another early draft pick fighting for reps on the other flank, with Jenkins (our blocking, possession guy) and Wright backing those three up.

Add in AP, and we might be looking at one of the best, most dangerous groups of weapons in the league, and a team than any QB would like to lead. As in, in case Ponder goes more backwards than forwards next year, we can entice somebody else to do the job...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings shrugging off Harvinís absence while rehabbing

Vikings shrugging off Harvin’s absence while rehabbing | ProFootballTalk

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

Anyone else think he's gone?

IF he shows he WANTS to be a Viking, keep him. If he just wants to play in the NFL, let him go. Simple heart vs head. Undeniable talent. Questionable motives. Straight cash...
    None

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Harvin won't be a Viking next year. You can't fault the guy for passion. Yes he has some drama attached to him, but at the end of the day he wants to win a title and like all of us, he probably realizes it won't be on this team.

I sincerely hope that they prove me wrong, but they haven't done it yet in the almost 35 years I have been on this earth, nothing pointing to that changing anytime soon.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Harvin won't be a Viking next year. You can't fault the guy for passion. Yes he has some drama attached to him, but at the end of the day he wants to win a title and like all of us, he probably realizes it won't be on this team.

I sincerely hope that they prove me wrong, but they haven't done it yet in the almost 35 years I have been on this earth, nothing pointing to that changing anytime soon.
    Harvin is a great talent, but if he doesn't want to be here and he is going to ruin team chemistry, then hopefully we can make a trade that will benefit us,(multiple picks). We did pretty well without him out there. Made a nice run to get into the playoffs. I don't know if that is the case with Percy, but something is strange about missing half a season and playoff game for a sprained ankle.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Harvin is a great talent, but if he doesn't want to be here and he is going to ruin team chemistry, then hopefully we can make a trade that will benefit us,(multiple picks). We did pretty well without him out there. Made a nice run to get into the playoffs. I don't know if that is the case with Percy, but something is strange about missing half a season and playoff game for a sprained ankle.
    Yeah I hear ya. The only problem here is that the Vikings will be lucky to get anything better than a 2nd rd pick because he comes with character issues, injury prone, and migranes problems. I don't think the Vikings will dupe any team into giving much more than that for Harvin.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Something came to my pea brain the other day.........

What was the real reason behind Percy throwing his little Tiff this year? I think I have it and its a combination of things.....

a. He wants more money.
    b. He knows he needs to really have a big year to get more money.
    c. Team looks likes its going to predominantly feature AD this year.
    d. Team drafts a possible replacement for him.

Anyone wonder, like me, why Wright wasn't on the field at the same time Percy was? Could it be that part of the discussions he had with the staff was that he would shut his mouth and play as long as he got his reps (not as much AD) and Wright wasn't active for any 2012 games?

Something to chew on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567