Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't see us keeping him. Too high maintenance, will require too much $$$, and has been limited in his availability his entire career.

Is incredibly talented, without a doubt, but hasn't shown himself to be a "Team" guy.

Caine
    TEAM guy?

The man has done everything and more for his team. He runs any route you ask him to, he returns kicks and he runs the ball threw the tackles for crying out loud. I would bet if you asked him to go out and play defense he would.

Lets not forget his injury game against the Seahawks where he got hurt and then decided to come back in.

Seems like a team player to me.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    TEAM guy?

The man has done everything and more for his team. He runs any route you ask him to, he returns kicks and he runs the ball threw the tackles for crying out loud. I would bet if you asked him to go out and play defense he would.

Lets not forget his injury game against the Seahawks where he got hurt and then decided to come back in.

Agreed, I think his display of frustration is a result of an intense desire to win. I'll take those players on my team any day. I think Spielman will find a way to keep him in Minnesota.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    TEAM guy?

Fine post my friend.

I still can't help but feel this is about what his agent is asking and what the Vikes are willing to pay. I think the Vikes are good with top 10 and Percy is asking top 3 or so.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am sorry ... he is simply too talented. There is NO WAY in hell he is gone after this season.

And past that I think it is very unlikely that he is gone the following season because we will tag his ass at least once if we have too.

Everyone knows that this guy is a legit Top 10 non-QB offensive talent in this league. There is no way you get value for that ... and after the Moss debacle that still echos in our halls ... I can't see ownership allowing him to get away.
    I for one hope your right old friend.

I think they are going to spend big on two spots this year. Lets hope Percy is one of them. I hope the other is someone like Bowe, Hixon, Barden or even Avery.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    IMHO we need to add 2 WRs AND keep Harvin. He does so much on the field and his versatility and will to win is simply amazing! Put him in the slot/backfield with say, Wallace (as FA) and maybe Terrance Williams (early draft pick) outside, add All Day AP in the mix and we'd have one of the very best sets of skill players in the league. Then, if our QBs are still struggling, we can get another QB who will be excited as hell to have these tools to work with! And, more importantly, every chance to succeed doing so.

But, my gut feelin is that he's gone too...not because Frazier can't handle him, but because he does deserve more money, but the "headaches," both proverbial and migraine, are keeping us from giving it to him. I just hope we can get something out of letting him get away...I'd want a first or 2nd this year with another similar, perhaps sliding pick based on performance next year. IF nobody wants to give that, maybe we have to give it another try with some creative contract wording...

At one point this year the kid was leading the league in Receptions, YAC, AND! return yards!!! You don't get that level of production out of very damn many players! He is a rare talent...we need to make sure we find a way to harness it, or make the best of letting him get away.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    my gut feelin is that he's gone too...not because Frazier can't handle him, but because he does deserve more money, but the "headaches," both proverbial and migraine, are keeping us from giving it to him.
    I doubt the migraines are playing a factor in us not resigning him. That issue was resolved before the start of the 2011 season & he only missed 2 games (2010) because of it during his NFL career.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I believe the Vikings and Harvin will come to an agreement this offseason. Harvin's style of football equals a short career, I can see why the vikings might be a bit cautious on what kind of contract we hand him.

In the end it will be a contract with upfront money and harvin will be happy, as he has earned his payday.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    What could we realistically get for him in a trade. He does have a year left on his contract. There will not be any Herschel type trade, but do the other teams look at Percy as being worth multiple picks?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    What could we realistically get for him in a trade. He does have a year left on his contract. There will not be any Herschel type trade, but do the other teams look at Percy as being worth multiple picks?
    without the purple glasses on, i'd say he is well worth a few picks, and/or a STUD.

look @ when PH had a better QB, (or even when he didn't)

1. he's a damn good WR.. lots of YAC, can line up multiple positions, canrun just about any route. and he's #!$%@$% fast/elusive.

2. he's the best KR in the game right now.

3. he can come out of the backfield without blinking

4. he's freakishly fast and stronger then most people believe. i can't remember the coach who said it but i had seen a video where an apponent coach said, "He's the fastest guy on the field, so yeah we'll know where he's lining up."

there will be a lot of viable interest in him. he's a game changing weapon that many teams will want, including us. PH and his agent know this, and it's probably the only reason we won't be able to keep him. UNLESS he pulls out the character card and makes a deal with the vikings and goes all in with the we are about to be a yearly contender attitude. he might not get the massive lump sum he wants, but i'm sure he'll get a solid payday, heavy incentive backend, and know he'll be a focus on the offense.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I doubt the migraines are playing a factor in us not resigning him. That issue was resolved before the start of the 2011 season & he only missed 2 games (2010) because of it during his NFL career.
    I guess, what I was trying to say, is its the accumulative total of his character and injury issues that make us nervous about handing out a super-fat contract...I agree 100% that he is one tough mofo, and has not missed many games, but the way he plays does tend to lean him towards a kind of continual dinged up status, and a high probability of missing parts of games or more. And, of course, as he gets older, he won't be able to bounce back or heal as fast.

As far as trading him goes, I'm running with the assumption that whoever would trade for him would have him locked into a new contract before the trade gets finalized...pretty much standard procedure. He doesn't want to play for under a million, and no team is going to give up much for only one year of a guy's services.

Value? I would start the bidding at two first round picks! Because now, he's proved his worth at multiple positions. Or, a stud player who is an immediate starter upgrade AND a late first, or early 2nd + a mid round.

But, really, I hope we can keep him and give him some help outside so he and AP have a lil more room to work their magic!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast