Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Percy is the only weapon in the passing game we have. Without him, we are nothing. Give him what he wants. I think the guy deserves it from the Vikings Org.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    Percy is the only weapon in the passing game we have. Without him, we are nothing. Give him what he wants. I think the guy deserves it from the Vikings Org.
    Why does he "DESERVE" it?

He misses games every year, including 7 this season.

He has already held out once (ending his hold out after only a week, but the precedent is already there).

He's already hinted that if he's not given a BIG money deal, he'll hold out next season too.

Meanwhile, Adrian Peterson is quietly delivering the most inspiring performance that any football player EVER has achieved.

Harvin is undeniably talented. He's also undeniably the only receiver we have who's worth a crap. But that does NOT mean he deserves "whatever he wants".

Harvin should feel ashamed of himself right now. I'd simply ask him to look Peterson in the eye right now and say, "I'm giving 100% too", then we can talk about renegotiation. If Harvin could sack-up like Peterson does EVERY SINGLE WEEK, he'd be AMAZING.

But he's too much about HARVIN.

IMO, we trade him off. He's talented, but he's probably worth more on the block than he is on the sidelines.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Caine
    Prior to this injury, he's missed only two games due the the migraines & only 1 other game since being drafted.

The migraines weren't football related, so prior to this season, in essence he's missed 1 game due to injury & I'm not even sure if that one was due to injury.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why does he "DESERVE" it?

He has already held out once (ending his hold out after only a week, but the precedent is already there).

He's already hinted that if he's not given a BIG money deal, he'll hold out next season too.

Meanwhile, Adrian Peterson is quietly delivering the most inspiring performance that any football player EVER has achieved.

Harvin is undeniably talented. He's also undeniably the only receiver we have who's worth a crap. But that does NOT mean he deserves "whatever he wants".

Harvin should feel ashamed of himself right now. I'd simply ask him to look Peterson in the eye right now and say, "I'm giving 100% too", then we can talk about renegotiation. If Harvin could sack-up like Peterson does EVERY SINGLE WEEK, he'd be AMAZING.

But he's too much about HARVIN.

IMO, we trade him off. He's talented, but he's probably worth more on the block than he is on the sidelines.

Caine
    Well put Caine. I agree with the entire post.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    PH is a rare talent, so many possibilities, and very high drive.

as a viking fan i'd love to have him lined up on our O. he's a weapon, especially with teams focusing on AP. just his presence would open up rudy, and now that JC is catching the ball.. with childs and wright coming up, it would make for a great situation for a QB that can make the throws consistently.

on the trade block he could be worth that QB.. or maybe LB/WR/S, or 2/3 combo.. his value is very high, and deservedly so. i'm sure teams will be ringing, and it's a walker type trade.. why not, set up this team NOw to be a championship contender for the next decade.

so either way it's a win/win unless we do the really dumb route. keep him underpaid, franchise him.. and watch him play the holdout.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    No.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Trade him while he has value.

Sorry to say that but it is needed if he is not respecting the coach. Nobody is above the team!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Players under contract that have demanded a trade get their way all the time. Truth is, you & the Vikings may think they are in the drivers seat, but reality is, at the end of the day Harvin will get what he wants, a trade or a nice extension to his contract.

I said weeks ago, I felt Harvin would be gone after this years end & there was something fishy about his injury taking way longer to heal than normal. My guess is he was able to come back this season but refused to due to either wanting that extension now, much like in preseason and/or doesn't want to play behind a QB that can't make downfield passes further than 5 yards with any kind of consistency.

Some people will try to tell you he's missed a shitload of regular season games due to migraines & injuries prior to this injury, but that simply isn't true. He missed only two games due the the migraines & only 1 other game since being drafted.
    I don't think you will find one person to say that he's missed a shitload. I think you will find some that will point on that he has missed significant playing time if you factor games he has started but didn't finish or played hurt in when he wasn't effective anymore.

Truth be told, at least Marrdro's truth, I think that injury will play the biggest role in whether or not he gets the contract he wants. If he is traded in the offseason I believe that is proof positive that he was asking for more than they wanted to give and will be another talented, yet hurt receiver to get his walking papers from the Vikings (Rice).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Trade him while he has value.

Sorry to say that but it is needed if he is not respecting the coach. Nobody is above the team!
    Bingo.

Problem is, I'm not so sure they will be able to trade him. My guess, teams will sit back and wait for him to be released at the end of next year so they can see if they can work a low end deal with him.

Maybe just maybe you can find someone like Dallas who would trade a high round pick for him for one years services (without getting a long term deal done), but I doubt it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Bingo.

Problem is, I'm not so sure they will be able to trade him. My guess, teams will sit back and wait for him to be released at the end of next year so they can see if they can work a low end deal with him.

Maybe just maybe you can find someone like Dallas who would trade a high round pick for him for one years services (without getting a long term deal done), but I doubt it.
    If that is the case, I would expect him to be on his best behavior next season and want to stay on the coaches good side so he can stay on the field and increase his value in FA. It might even give him the opportunity to fall in love with the Vikings again and want to stay.

If we don't see a contract extension this off-season, it will appear as we are ok with him hitting the market next off-season.

Something is better than nothing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast