Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Anyone Else See The NFL Live Talking Bout the Vikes??

Damn, NFL Live is back on, I have to start looking for it. Good thing they know the truth and are predicting us to take the NFC.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

the raiders have their slogan "commited to exellence" we should have "dedicated to winning"

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

All I have to say is this:

It is a fair assertion to say this: Daunte Culpepper is better than Donovan McNabb, but not drastically better.

Donovan McNabb had a great O-line, a deep and versatile backfield, and an excellent defense backing him up for three years.

Sound like a team we love?

He lost three NFC Championship games.

Who was always getting roughed up and taken out of playoff games? His mediocre, no name receivers.

What finally got them over the hump? The presence of and swagger imparted by (I emphasize the swagger since they beat Atlana [a FAR inferior team, or they'd have lost] without him) Terrell Owens.

The parallels are striking. That's all I'll say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

It is a fair assertion to say this: Daunte Culpepper is better than Donovan McNabb, but not drastically better.

Donovan McNabb had a great O-line, a deep and versatile backfield, and an excellent defense backing him up for three years.

Who was always getting roughed up and taken out of playoff games? His mediocre, no name receivers.

What finally got them over the hump? The presence of and swagger imparted by (I emphasize the swagger since they beat Atlana [a FAR inferior team, or they'd have lost] without him) Terrell Owens.

I question that TO got them over the hump. I think a very weak NFC got them over the hump. I mean phily did breeze right through the playoffs to the SB without TO.

TO did get them homefield avantage and a better record then they would have had if he wasn't there, but I still think they would have made the SB if they hadn't signed TO, and the fact that they easily made the SB with TO injured is one reason why.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

T.O. was just to make the best in the conference better, he made them more of a threat than before but they still would have made the bowl

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

I question that TO got them over the hump. I think a very weak NFC got them over the hump. I mean phily did breeze right through the playoffs to the SB without TO.

TO did get them homefield avantage and a better record then they would have had if he wasn't there, but I still think they would have made the SB if they hadn't signed TO, and the fact that they easily made the SB with TO injured is one reason why.
    Oh well. Only the season will tell.

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

"MountainVike" wrote:
    Actually, other than a couple of games, we didn't look too good without Moss. Our offense sputtered at times last year. With Kleinsasser and Rosenthal back and, hopefully, Birk healthy...our running game should be much improved, but I don't see us being an explosive offense.
    ottytrain5:

This my friend is what I think of your statement. If you think about it the Vikes offense was geared around moss and it wouldn't take a genius to figure out there would be the potential for less production if he wasn't in the game. Now that they don't have to cater to moss and can put in a more balanced scheme and production with one of the best QB's playing the game their IMO should actually be an increase in offensive production, unless Tice and Loney go conservative on us. Please get up off your sister and do some more research before you start flappin you fingers on a keyboard.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"midgensa" wrote:
    Owens will be in camp and will definitely be on the field when game time runs around ... so ... the Eagles are still the team to beat ... but I think the Vikings are just the team to beat them :-)
    eagles are the team to beat? no way. we should have beaten them twice last year but our offensive line let kearse through like water, goldberg had 3 penalties in those 2 games that called back 3 touchdowns, and moss stopped playing in the playoffs. and not to mention our team has a new attitude, a offensive cordinator who won't have a receiver throw the ball in a big game, and a defense that is way better than last year the vikings are the team to beat.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

"toemaster6" wrote:
    "MountainVike" wrote:
    Actually, other than a couple of games, we didn't look too good without Moss. Our offense sputtered at times last year. With Kleinsasser and Rosenthal back and, hopefully, Birk healthy...our running game should be much improved, but I don't see us being an explosive offense.
    ottytrain5:

This my friend is what I think of your statement. If you think about it the Vikes offense was geared around moss and it wouldn't take a genius to figure out there would be the potential for less production if he wasn't in the game. Now that they don't have to cater to moss and can put in a more balanced scheme and production with one of the best QB's playing the game their IMO should actually be an increase in offensive production, unless Tice and Loney go conservative on us. Please get up off your sister and do some more research before you start flappin you fingers on a keyboard.
    Perhaps you and your friend should remove your thumbs from each other's lower intestines and do some research yourself. The offense was geared around Moss because the vertical passing game was our best chance to score, and we had the personnel for it. We ran a balanced attack in half the games Moss was out...and, oh yeah, we didn't fare too well in them. People cite our ppg as not having dropped far, but those numbers are skewed by the fact that we played in Indianapolis defense that couldn't stop a gnat with a bugzapper. Please also note that Moss has said he was not HAPPY the offense was geared around him. But if we couldn't have a balanced attack WITH the best receiver in football, how are we to fare as well as you and your petting buddy say without him?

The simple fact is this: We cannot replace the Randy effect unless Nate Burleson steps up and plays like his last name dropped four letters and started with an R. Randy Moss demanded double and triple coverage on every play. No one else on our team does.

The ONLY saving grace of our offense while Moss was out was Mewelde Moore, who will not even start. We'll have lost a game or two before Tice -maybe- realizes Michael Bennett isn't the man for the job.

A balanced attack - read, the Patriots - requires an excellent back (Corey Dillon/We don't have one) a very balanced back (Mewelde Moore/Kevin Faulk), a receiver who can play every down but also get deep (Deion Branch/Ran..crap, nevermind), and the ability to run 4 and 5 wideout sets with efficiency (I'd like to believe Daunte can do this.) We're missing a few elements to having a balanced attack.

The Eagles didn't have a balanced attack either. What they did have was a good pocket passer with some good - and one great - receiver(s). And had that great receiver been healthy, they'd have won. Because good and great receivers stepping up win Super Bowls - read: Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, Deion Branch.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Owens will be in camp and will definitely be on the field when game time runs around ... so ... the Eagles are still the team to beat ... but I think the Vikings are just the team to beat them :-)
    eagles are the team to beat? no way. we should have beaten them twice last year but our offensive line let kearse through like water, goldberg had 3 penalties in those 2 games that called back 3 touchdowns, and moss stopped playing in the playoffs. and not to mention our team has a new attitude, a offensive cordinator who won't have a receiver throw the ball in a big game, and a defense that is way better than last year the vikings are the team to beat.
    And the refs missed the fact that T-HO didn't catch that phantom TD in the regular season game!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast