Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Is anyone else as pisse@ about our Pro-Bowl snubs?

As much as I follow football, I have never watched a whole Pro Bowl game. Where's the incentive? What's at stake? Nothing. It's just NFL Players that had great years and are on vacation.

So, am I pisse@ that a few Vikings players aren't there to risk injury and nothing else. NO.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hell ya im pissed, im going to the game and hoped to see many viking players at the pro bowl.

It may mean nothing but i would love to see more vikings in the pro bowl in the future, i mean anyone would if they were going to the game right? :wink:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Hell ya im pissed, im going to the game and hoped to see many viking players at the pro bowl.

It may mean nothing but i would love to see more vikings in the pro bowl in the future, i mean anyone would if they were going to the game right? :wink:
    I can appreciate that. :grin:

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

by the time probowl comes around, these guys haven't had played in like 2 months and they will be out of football shape especially pat williams so no, I am not pissed about them not getting in. they will be just getting killed anyway.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

pro bowl. who cares. donnie edwards has never been to a pro bowl and he has lead his team in tackles 3 years in a row. just because you dont go to the pro bowl doesnt mean your a bad player. i would rather have good underrated players than egoist pro bowl players
    We're bringing purple back.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

I feel for you man...your prime opportunity to see some Vikings there and maybe even meet them in person...and you get screwed by crappy voting and many of the same, lame people year after year just getting in on reputation!

You will just have to get up to Minny next season when we put together the tailgate to end all tailgates for one of the Vikings home games (I am hoping that it will be the Packer game)!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:

I feel for you man...your prime opportunity to see some Vikings there and maybe even meet them in person...and you get screwed by crappy voting and many of the same, lame people year after year just getting in on reputation!

You will just have to get up to Minny next season when we put together the tailgate to end all tailgates for one of the Vikings home games (I am hoping that it will be the Packer game)!!!
    Ya, got screwed over on voting last year as well, i felt more vikings should have made the team both last year and this year but thats life.

Hopefully i can make another trip to minny for the game, we shall see and if i do go, hopefully everyone will be tailgating together unlike this past years saints game.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

DogPound is offline Rookie

It just goes to show that most people are into the "name" then the actually stat...I don't think Vick has earned a pro-bowl yet ..but he has been there I think 2 times now? It's a damn shame so many players play the arses off only to be snubbed because some guy gets more media hype!
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Pat Williams would be going if there were justice in Pro Bowl voting (not that the actual game matters - just who gets recognized by being selected for it). But our record, along with the fact that we're not an East Coast team, thus putting us far away from the national sports media's focus, contributed to it. Kluwe should have gone, too. McKinnie had a good season, but I don't think he merited a Pro Bowl selection this year. He will soon, though.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

I was a bit irritated when I heard that P-Will wasn't going...

Like someone else stated, the Pro Bowl is an utter joke. Does anybody really even watch it anymore?
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast