Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Anyone else feel...

This may just be the fan talking but seriously to me, being able to watch my Vikes for one more game even if they lose is reward enough for making the playoffs.

People tend to over analyze and get all uptight and say if we are going to lose we might as well not be there. I just have to ask if all you want is to win, if the only enjoyment you get out of watching sports is to see a team win, then why not watch and root for a winning team?

Seriously 2 games left and I pray to god more just so I can watch my favorite team and hope they improve. Because after it is over the talk starts about what we need to do, who we need to get, and how great we are going to be.

Then 4 games into the season people will be wishing it was gone so they can go into management mode. Well frankly I like watching the players play 100 times more then I like sitting around listening to 5million experts try to sell me on why so and so is the perfect fit for us.

Go Vikes make it last as long as possible please!

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

Del, I agree...
    We are FAR from the bottom of the nfl and even if we don't make it to the playoffs or if we do, its purple pride no matter what!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    This may just be the fan talking but seriously to me, being able to watch my Vikes for one more game even if they lose is reward enough for making the playoffs.

People tend to over analyze and get all uptight and say if we are going to lose we might as well not be there. I just have to ask if all you want is to win, if the only enjoyment you get out of watching sports is to see a team win, then why not watch and root for a winning team?

Seriously 2 games left and I pray to god more just so I can watch my favorite team and hope they improve. Because after it is over the talk starts about what we need to do, who we need to get, and how great we are going to be.

Then 4 games into the season people will be wishing it was gone so they can go into management mode. Well frankly I like watching the players play 100 times more then I like sitting around listening to 5million experts try to sell me on why so and so is the perfect fit for us.

Agreed. With college football into bowl season and soon to end and the NFL getting close ... Feb., March, April are LONG monthes for this sports fan. I don't dig the NBA or college B.B., and the Pro bowling league is well, nothing. Golf is a *yawn* ... so until May when the international rugby teams start up again, I go a little sports crazy .... One or Two or 4 more games (SuperBowl BABY !!!) of the Vikes in the Playoffs goes a Long way for me, not to mention would be a big Lift for this team knowing all that it has gone through this season knowing they still made the tournament going into next season.

Sidenote: Anyone who enjoys the NBA, College B.Ball, Pro Bowling or Golf ... this was not intended in any way a dig at your sports, just not my cup of tea. :lol:

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

its not over yet...two games left and the division could still be ours

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    Our chances of making the playoffs at this point are very slim....not to sound too negative at this point I'd almost want to see us lose the next 2 games to give us a better spot in the draft
    I will take a shot to see the vikes in the playoffs anyday no matter how slim the chances are.
    ;-)

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"Del Rio" wrote:

you're post was right on point. i refuse to adopt a loser's mentality and hoping the vikings lose the next two games. i have a fighters mentality, i may get knocked down, but i'll keep on getting up til i get knocked out and i hope the vikings feel the same. i would much rather watch the vikings lose play in the playoffs as opposed to waiting until september. the thing about the playoffs is everyone's record goes out of the window when the post season begins, everybody is 0-0. if the vikes can rebound from all of the adversity that has come their way this season, they can win the next two games.

Exactly...we had a shot...this is the first time that brad let us down this season...but we just need to focus on baltimore this week...he wont/cant let us down 2 weeks in a row!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry to tell you guys but I didn't feel sick at all. One thing about most vikings fans is that they always get their hopes up and always get crushed. Even though I am one of the younger vikings fans, I have learned this over the years and therefore never get my hopes up about a game. This was another one of those cases. Coming off of a 6 game winning streak, nearly everyone here thought we would win (not walk over them but win) and as usual, the vikings crushed everyone and lost. I'm not trying to be negative... just realistic. The vikes choke in big games. That's one thing that I hope Zygi (and possible a new coaching staff/ New coordinators) can change.

whiteviking24: Sorry for the late posting. I was refering to the playoff game of a few years ago, NY Giants beat the Vikings in The Meadowlands by the score of 41-0. The Vikings were so weak, the game was over in the first quarter.

I don't want to see another playoff game like that one. As a point of reference, last night two weak teams went at it for a 48-3 score. So the Vikings loss was humiliating.

The Vikings have improved this year, but they are not playing playoff football yet.

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

So is this what the Giants felt like when we beat them?? And holy cow, didn't think the ravens could score that much!!!! I bet green bay has no longer scored more points than their opponents (PF and PA)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast