Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Anyone else feel...

Sick to thier stomach about that loss...I mean really, That was th eonly loss this season where we actually had a shot to win and that we should have won, I think this was the hardest to take out of all of them... :boohoo:

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Anyone else feel...

i think we had a better chance to beat the bucs..

but yeah. both are like a kick in the face by a mule.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

i felt sick before the game even started, i kinda had a feeling something like this was going to happen. the steelers didn't beat us, we beat ourselves through making costly mistakes. had we scored on all of our possesions in the red zone, the game would've been a lot different.

but all is not lost, we still have somewhat of a shot at making the playoffs, if we don't, lets get ready for next season with a healthy culpepper and hopefully sign some good fa's in the off season. if we can get our offense to where it's been in years past, we will definitely be a top-tier team in the league.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Our chances of making the playoffs at this point are very slim....not to sound too negative at this point I'd almost want to see us lose the next 2 games to give us a better spot in the draft

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    Our chances of making the playoffs at this point are very slim....not to sound too negative at this point I'd almost want to see us lose the next 2 games to give us a better spot in the draft
    how much better of a spot do you think we'll get even if we finish 8-8? we are in a better shot of making the playoffs than the falcons and cowboys are. the skins will choke was again and lose against the nyg, tb has to play carolina, i like carolina in that one. the vikings can easily bounce back from this lose and beat the ravens on Christmas. then we invite chi into our house and play a hard fought game that ends with a vikings win. oh yeah, i forgot to mention if chi, and if chi loses to gb, and we win against bal and chi, ah, we win the division. i much rather go out with a fight rather than roll over and die. i'm not one to possess a losers mentality.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think the Bears loss was the worst of the season. 28-3 to a team that I really didn't think was much better than ours, coming off of the bye with the boat sex scandal and everything else that was going on. That one sucked the worst for me.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

This game is just like the bears game early this year. Its sucha tough loss, last night I kept finding myself saying..."I cant beleive we lost today." THis was easliy one of the most anticipaited games of my Viking-Fan Career (I'm only 18) and it sucks becuase we cant play them again, and I know if we played like we could....we could have won. BUt they wanted it more, and we didnt.If we dont beat Chicago, Honestly I can tell you that Tice will and should be gone. Hes done a GREAT job this year and my hat is off to the guy....but to finish just a lil above .500 is sad. We beat our selfs in many ways.We have to win the next 2 games not only to have a shot at the playoffs, but also if Tice wants to be a Viking next year.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"happy camper" wrote:
    i think we had a better chance to beat the bucs..

but yeah. both are like a kick in the face by a mule.
    I agree...all week, I was thinking about how if we had won the Bucs game that we would probably be in the driver's seat as far as making the playoffs...a win in the Bucs game would have meant way more than beating the Steelers because it was a conference game and because the Bucs are one of our competitors in the wild card race. BUT we are where we are, so the Vikes have to win out and get the help that they need (which is VERY likely that they will given who our competition has to play). :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

This was the game to define the Vikings...and..well...they just aren't that good.

It is best to be out of the playoffs than to just make it as a wild card and get destroyed by a score like 41-0, to maybe a team like the NY Giants.

I am still sick about that EMBARRASSMENT of a playoff game.

Losing to the Bears is bad period. To lose 28-3 says that the Vikings..well..they just aren't that good this year.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

"WaywardHoosier" wrote:
    This was the game to define the Vikings...and..well...they just aren't that good.

It is best to be out of the playoffs than to just make it as a wild card and get destroyed by a score like 41-0, to maybe a team like the NY Giants.

I am still sick about that EMBARRASSMENT of a playoff game.

Losing to the Bears is bad period. To lose 28-3 says that the Vikings..well..they just aren't that good this year.
    are you comparing it to last year???

If we lose the last two games, our record was the same as last year...good considering the changes.....................No moss,No birk,Culpep left early with injury,New off cordinator-new to the job anyway,Boat thing,defense not working together first half of season.

We will be better next year, I agree with the fact we lost by alot of points in those games.
    Just IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast