Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Is anyone else concerned with the offensive line?

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    I think Dixon got signed...skins maybe...but marcus johnson is the future.
    He hasn't resigned with anyone yet....in fact, he is getting a chance by the Vikes to show that he can still play...he was at developemental camp....observe....

KFFL repots:
    ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Minnesota Vikings OL David Dixon is at the team's developemental camp despite the fact he remains unsigned. The team has yet to offer him a contract. Dixon won't participate in any of the weekend drills, but he wants to convince HC Mike Tice that he is in shape. He also wants to prove he can come back to the team and compete for his starting job.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Several people have mentioned Dorsey and I forgot about him and he should develop into a good OL in a few seasons he played alright last year when filling in for Rosenthal. He should help at depth to this team at OT.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

vegasvikingguy is offline Waterboy

I'm still feel this is our biggest weakness. I first posted this in June

NodakAttack is offline Training Camp

Hey Crew...

Just a point of information. Dorsey was traded a few weeks back.

From Vikings website:

The Vikings also traded 2nd-year OT Nat Dorsey to the Cleveland Browns for 4th-year G/C Melvin Fowler. Fowler has started 14 of the 30 NFL games he has played in and joined the Browns as a 3rd-round pick in 2002.

I don't know anything about Fowler, but he was traded for to get extra depth behind Withrow.
    Ahh PURPLE is the color of all my Dreams!! GO VIKES!! Bring us a Lombardi!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"vegasvike" wrote:
    "vegasvikingguy" wrote:
    I think the offensive line could be our biggest weakness! I hope I am wrong, but who do we have that is reliable? Mckinney is the only one and he needs improvement. David Dixon is no longer on the team. Matt Birk has been injury prone and I wounder if he can return to pro bowl form. Cory Withrow is a great back up but not a long term answer. Mike Rosenthal is another Todd Steussie with mental lapses that cause costly penalties plus he is coming off a year absence due to injury. Then we have Adam Goldberg, Chris Liewinski, Anthony Herrera, Nat Dorsey who are all pretty good back ups at best. I don't have confidence in two of the four starting and protecting Culpepper for an entire season. Thank god Kleinsasser is back and should help. Does anyone else share my concerns our can help ease my concerns. Our passing game and running game depend on our O-line as does our season.
    Hey what up man another Vike in Vegas that makes THREE of us here!!!! I have some confidence in our line but I think that Mckinney is the weakness on the line
    :shock: McKinnie? IMO, he's going to have a breakout year this year. He's probably our best run-blocker. Rosenthal is the weak link on the line. He's just so damned stupid. I'm a tad bit concerned, but our head coach and O-coordinator were O-line coaches, so if they can't coach them no one can.

Skyliner is offline Rookie

Mat Birk is on IR

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Rosenthal is not the weak link he is a fine player the weak link is Withrow but he has to play well or else either Herrera or Fowler will take him down and out of his starter job.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

To those people who didn't notice it this thread was started back in late June and revived by it's creator.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "vegasvikingguy" wrote:
    I think the offensive line could be our biggest weakness! I hope I am wrong, but who do we have that is reliable? Mckinney is the only one and he needs improvement. David Dixon is no longer on the team. Matt Birk has been injury prone and I wounder if he can return to pro bowl form. Cory Withrow is a great back up but not a long term answer. Mike Rosenthal is another Todd Steussie with mental lapses that cause costly penalties plus he is coming off a year absence due to injury. Then we have Adam Goldberg, Chris Liewinski, Anthony Herrera, Nat Dorsey who are all pretty good back ups at best. I don't have confidence in two of the four starting and protecting Culpepper for an entire season. Thank god Kleinsasser is back and should help. Does anyone else share my concerns our can help ease my concerns. Our passing game and running game depend on our O-line as does our season.
    Hey what up man another Vike in Vegas that makes THREE of us here!!!! I have some confidence in our line but I think that Mckinney is the weakness on the line
    :shock: McKinnie? IMO, he's going to have a breakout year this year. He's probably our best run-blocker. Rosenthal is the weak link on the line. He's just so damned stupid. I'm a tad bit concerned, but our head coach and O-coordinator were O-line coaches, so if they can't coach them no one can.
    Hear, hear, I agree. McKinnie is going to become the unquestioned leader of the O-line by the end of the year.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Birk was the glue making all the calls .... It will be tough, Hopefully the "6 receiver sets" will open it up for the running game .... (Heavy on the sarcasim there ... )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast