Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vegasvikingguy is offline Waterboy

Is anyone else concerned with the offensive line?

I think the offensive line could be our biggest weakness! I hope I am wrong, but who do we have that is reliable? Mckinney is the only one and he needs improvement. David Dixon is no longer on the team. Matt Birk has been injury prone and I wounder if he can return to pro bowl form. Cory Withrow is a great back up but not a long term answer. Mike Rosenthal is another Todd Steussie with mental lapses that cause costly penalties plus he is coming off a year absence due to injury. Then we have Adam Goldberg, Chris Liewinski, Anthony Herrera, Nat Dorsey who are all pretty good back ups at best. I don't have confidence in two of the four starting and protecting Culpepper for an entire season. Thank god Kleinsasser is back and should help. Does anyone else share my concerns our can help ease my concerns. Our passing game and running game depend on our O-line as does our season.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Is anyone else concerned with the offensive line?

All I can say is I am grateful those guys got the experience they did last year. Jumping offsides can be fixed. So I think there are quite a few talented players that have some solid vets to learn from. I expect a few mistakes but nothing like it was last year. I hope :grin:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The line will be solid...Dixon will be available if we have problems, plus big Marcus Johnson will come along quite nicely as the season progresses, maybe sooner. Birk will be fine and Rosenthal will come back with a vengeance. It will definitely be better than last year!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

I think Dixon got signed...skins maybe...but marcus johnson is the future.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

The line should be solid but we do need guys to step up and provide some solid depth.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i was about to post a topic similar. except it was how good i feel about our line. i have no doubt about birk. great guy, great player. now the guards. we have so many its awesome. our line looks good for years in the gaurd position. marcus johnson is the guy, and i want him to start at RT soon. maybe come playoff time. i watched a giants game where the eagles played the gaints in a playoff game and the giants RG was hurt. then came in mike rosenthal. he dominated hollis thomas and corey simon. who ever was infront of him he did a marvelous job taking them out of the play. mckinnie really picked it up at the end of the year. against the pack he completely took out KGB. i like adam goldberg playing the RT spot for now.

i dont know about you, but i feel good about our line. :grin:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We got Johnson in the second round.. Ussually we have great lineman and they are drafted in the 5-7th rounds.. I think Johnson will be awesome.. As will the rest of our line

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"vegasvikingguy" wrote:
    I think the offensive line could be our biggest weakness! I hope I am wrong, but who do we have that is reliable? Mckinney is the only one and he needs improvement. David Dixon is no longer on the team. Matt Birk has been injury prone and I wounder if he can return to pro bowl form. Cory Withrow is a great back up but not a long term answer. Mike Rosenthal is another Todd Steussie with mental lapses that cause costly penalties plus he is coming off a year absence due to injury. Then we have Adam Goldberg, Chris Liewinski, Anthony Herrera, Nat Dorsey who are all pretty good back ups at best. I don't have confidence in two of the four starting and protecting Culpepper for an entire season. Thank god Kleinsasser is back and should help. Does anyone else share my concerns our can help ease my concerns. Our passing game and running game depend on our O-line as does our season.
    I think our o-line is pretty good, and it has been very good for several years. The biggest problem we've had in the past, especially last year, is that we were thin, so that when we had injuries, our o-line suffered. But I think the biggest mistake you've made is with Chris Liewinski. You said he was a good back up at best, but he is a SOLID guard. I'm happier with him than most guards in the league. Plus, I think that Adam Goldberg and Marcus Johnson will both be capable of starting and MJ (thats right, MJ) will come along really nicely during the year. I've always been happy with Nat Dorsey, and I think he will be another great tackle once Rosenthal packs it in.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

I'm not.

McKinnie, Lewinski, Birk, Johnson, Rosie

Dixon can fill in.

I like it.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I'm not concerned with it. Marcus Johnson was a steal in the second round and with Jimmy back we will have a powerfull running game.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast