enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Anyone been watching?

This kid DJ Williams from the Broncos. If you haven't seen him play you need to take a look. This guy is a straight up beast. He flies to the football, doesn't miss tackles, and just crushes everyone he hits. I was really hoping we would draft this guy or Vilma. Not that I'm not happy that Udeze fell to us...lord knows we needed a DE. Mark my word....this kid will be the best overall linebacker in the nfl in two years!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Anyone been watching?

I remeber the depate, i heard alot of negatives about him so it scared me away from wanting to draft him. I was all in favor of Vilma who is doin pretty well with the jets. I had no IDEA udeze would fall to us, but i like the guy alot, i was listening to him on Access the other night i really like him, he seems like hes got a football head on him, hes a hard worker, he wants to be the best, i like his mentallity.

Well that just goes to show you cant always listen to scouting reports and whatnot, look at moss. This DJ could be a pro bowler soon.

He wasnt there when minn drafted was he? I'm pretty sure he was gone.

Anyone been watching?

Thanks Enlvikefan, good post I will find out more an watch his growth, it is always good to hear about the rookies that are just starting out their careers and watch them as they grow.. but I am with you both on the Udeze situation he looks or rather to me it seems like as part of the new Purple pride D he is in there sluggen it out like the best of them hope he continues to grow and look forward to his pro bowl debue in the coming years

SKOL
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Anyone been watching?

Yeah, I saw him play against Tampa Bay last weekend and he is damn good! He is a very sure tackler and is very fast, and he wasn't even the best linebacker on his team in college!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Anyone been watching?

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I remeber the depate, i heard alot of negatives about him so it scared me away from wanting to draft him. I was all in favor of Vilma who is doin pretty well with the jets. I had no IDEA udeze would fall to us, but i like the guy alot, i was listening to him on Access the other night i really like him, he seems like hes got a football head on him, hes a hard worker, he wants to be the best, i like his mentallity.

Well that just goes to show you cant always listen to scouting reports and whatnot, look at moss. This DJ could be a pro bowler soon.

He wasnt there when minn drafted was he? I'm pretty sure he was gone.
    Not to sound like a homer, but Dontarrious is also going to be a Pro Bowler in my mind and we got him in the second round, AFTER getting UDZ in the first...I'll take both of them over DJ, no matter how good he is (and I agree that he is very good)...remember, Dontarrious was not considered the best linebacker on his team either, but he was the SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year last year...hmmm, smart AND fast, great combo to have on our defense.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Anyone been watching?

Oh no doubt it couldnt have worked out better for us, we got a top notch DE then got us a very good LB, if we would have went first on LB who would have been there at DE in the second? We made out, the past two drafts have been absolutly great.

2003- K. Williams and EJ Henderson
    2004- K. Udeze and D. Thomas

Looks good to me, 4 starters in two years, lets keep building on our D year after year!