NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Anybody know how purchasing additional season tickets works?

OK, each year when you get the chance to request an upgrade, you also get the opportunity to purchase additional season tickets.
    So if I wanted to go from 2 tickets to 4 I might be able to.
    Has anyone done this before? If so...

1) How easy was it to get the additional seats?
    2) Are they all together still?
    3) Is the purchasing of additional seats based on seniority, just like upgrades are?

The reason I am asking is I was screwing around on ticketmaster looking at what season ticket seats were still available.
    When I searched for a single seat and best seat available, I found a seat in section 100, row 4.
    That is right in the endzone, and a pretty good seat, although I prefer the corners.
    I was toying with the idea of purchasing it, selling or giving away some of the tickets this year (since a single ticket is hard to sell), and applying for additional tickets next year.

Any one think this will work? Or do you think I would just get stuck with a $700 single ticket for the next few years while I keep getting turned down for additional ones?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anybody know how purchasing additional season tickets works?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, each year when you get the chance to request an upgrade, you also get the opportunity to purchase additional season tickets.
    So if I wanted to go from 2 tickets to 4 I might be able to.
    Has anyone done this before? If so...

1) How easy was it to get the additional seats?
    2) Are they all together still?
    3) Is the purchasing of additional seats based on seniority, just like upgrades are?

The reason I am asking is I was screwing around on ticketmaster looking at what season ticket seats were still available.
    When I searched for a single seat and best seat available, I found a seat in section 100, row 4.
    That is right in the endzone, and a pretty good seat, although I prefer the corners.
    I was toying with the idea of purchasing it, selling or giving away some of the tickets this year (since a single ticket is hard to sell), and applying for additional tickets next year.

Any one think this will work? Or do you think I would just get stuck with a $700 single ticket for the next few years while I keep getting turned down for additional ones?
    I would call the Vikings ticket office and ask for a ticket manager to quiz them about this.
    My experience with them for purchasing my season ticket was really good.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I've upgraded & got extra seats all in the same year without a hitch. It's about availability, not senority. If you talk to Scott, tell him how many your looking for & he'll give you a bunch of choices.

When I upgraded he called me & asked where I wanted to be & he worked out the best seats for my money.

This is the year to do it & I'd do it before the 9th because that's when they start going public with selling seats. There is also a lot of seats available.

The deadline for me to renew my seats passed months ago, but they keep calling me. They called me last week with yet more requests.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

I am going to talk to the Ticket Office tomorrow to see what options I have.
    This would be my second set of season tickets, and I think I would continue to sit in my original seats, but if I can manage to get two lower level endzone tickets between ebay and friends I could easily find butts to put in them each game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    This would be my second set of season tickets, and I think I would continue to sit in my original seats, but if I can manage to get two lower level endzone tickets between ebay and friends I could easily find butts to put in them each game.
    I would be shocked if the Vikings ticket office is open tomorrow.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I went from two to four seats and at the same time told them I will pay whatever is necessary for the best seats.
    When the call came I got all four together (I think your seats are always together) and the same year I was moved to the back row of the most expensive seats, upper level, row 6, midfield.

I got a nice upgrade this year, to the lower level, around the 25 yard line, still on the home side of the field.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I would be shocked if the Vikings ticket office is open tomorrow.

=Z=
    Yeah, wasn't thinking about the date.
    OK, I will call today and see what my options are.. ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=