Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Any opinions on this fantasy football team I just drafted?

Starters: Reserves:
    QB - Culpepper QB - Carson Palmer
    RB - Bennett RB - Travis Minor
    RB - Warrick Dunn WR - Joey Galloway
    WR - Santana Moss TE - Randy McMichael
    WR - Koren Robinson K - Phil Dawson
    WR/RB - Larry Fitzgerald DEF - Pittsburgh
    TE - Marcus Pollard
    K - Morten Anderson
    DEF - MN

Week four I lose Bennett, Culpepper, MN Def and Robinson, otherwise I'm good. What do ya'll think?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Any opinions on this fantasy football team I just drafte

"shockzilla" wrote:

TE - Marcus Pollard
    K - Morten Anderson
    DEF - MN

Week four I lose Bennett, Culpepper, MN Def and Robinson, otherwise I'm good. What do ya'll think?

Fantasy football is all about RB's and yours are very weak. I don't know what point system your league uses, but I always want a RB that is in during the redzone and goaline situations, as my #1 RB. Bennett will have plenty of yards this year, but will loose TD's to Moe and onterrio(when he comes back). If you league scores good for yards, like 1 point per 10 rushing yards, then bennett is a decent RB, but otherwise he is a #2 or #3 fantasy RB. Minor is a big iffy RB and a guy you want as your #3 or #4 RB. Dunn is anotherRB that will not get a lot of TD's due to duckett getting the goaline carries. Any team thatis weak at RB, is always gonna have a tough time winning the league. It is still possible but much much harder than if you had a couple of top RB's. I am assuming you are playing it for fun and not money, so it is nice to have some vikes on it.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

yeah, I agree! Your RB's aren't very good. You should have drafted a bigtime RB like Portis, Holmes, or Tomlinson to be your horse w/ your first pick. Other than that, I like your defenses, your QB obviously, and your WR's could be great. I like your TE's as well. Good luck. What type of league are you in?
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I hate to say this and i hope they prove me wrong but i thought you would have chosen a better d then minnys. LIke new englands, jacksonvilles, carolina, tampa bay, etc. Kicker isint too great either.

Hard to say how well palmer and minor will do but other then that i guess its alright.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

my starters;

Culpepper
    Tomlinmson
    Green
    R.Moss
    Andre Johnson
    Justin McCairns
    Alge Crumpler
    Vanderjagt
    Baltimore

too many folks from one team...If (knock on wood here) if the vikes do poorly 2 of you 3 main skill positions are screwed. Also I agree on the RB comments Benett is awesome BUT he is with a group of other great backs who are going to steal carries. Especially at the goal line. Sorry, and I hope I am wrong, but I think you my have a long year with the team.
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Any opinions on this fantasy football team I just drafte

"shockzilla" wrote:

TE - Marcus Pollard
    K - Morten Anderson
    DEF - MN

It might help if you tell us how many teams are in your league and how many players at each position you have to start. In a 24 team league, your roster might not be too bad.

In general though, I think your team has some holes.

QB is strong with Culpepper, Palmer should be a good backup, although you pretty much want to cherry pick a QB that will have a good week the one week that you sit Daunte. Not sure who the Bengals will play in the Vikings bye week. Better hope it isn't the Ravens.

RBs are very weak. I like Bennett, and hope he gets you a decent amount of TDs. Dunn may be great, and may be poor; Duckett gets the goal line carries in Atlanta, and he and Dunn pretty much split carries overall. Minor already looks like a flop in Miami, from what I've heard.

WRs might not be too bad. Santana Moss and Koren Robinson should have good seasons. Galloway has not looked good with the Bucs in preseason from what I've read, and really hasn't done anything in years. Fitzgerald will be all alone in Arizona, so he will be double covered all the time, with no running game to keep defenses honest. Maybe if/when Boldin comes back in October, Fitz can make an impact, but right now the stars are aligned against him.

TEs are pretty good. There are only three or four stud TEs, and you got two pretty good second tier TEs, though Pollard will split yards and TDs with Dallas Clark.

If Morten Andersen isn't cut by the Chiefs (or signed by the Vikings if he is cut), he should score plenty of points (at least extra points). But his job is in jeopardy in KC and he may get sent out to pasture. Phil Dawson plays for an awful Cleveland team that probably won't score much.

I'm not sure either of your defenses are "elite", but I think the Vikings defense has a chance to be special this year. I'm planning on picking them in my work FFL, as they figure to go undrafted or at least go late.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

In response to several of you:

1) Culpepper was my first pick, not Bennett. I got screwed and had the LAST pick in the first round out of 14 teams. All the other "horse" running backs were taken, so that's why I took Culpepper. Moss was gone, too. Bennett was probably the best available RB left after i took Culpepper. Besides, what can I say, I'm a homer! I had the 2nd to last pick LAST year too - pissed me off!

2)I'm in a Yahoo private league

3)All the good RB's went WAY early, so i figure at least I have starters on their respective teams for starters (make sense?)

4) the whole object of FF is to have fun, right?

As far as kickers go, I also thought i took the best available. I sorta screwed myself early by picking players from teams with the same bye weeks... Oh well, i appreciate the input!

SKOL!

P.S. - Minny's defense will be DAMN GOOD this year - you just watch!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper is a reasonable 14th pick. But if you were last in the first round, you should have been 1st in the second round right? Therefore there are better RBs to take than Bennett (I assume). Who knows though, still your RBs are weak.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Culpepper is a reasonable 14th pick. But if you were last in the first round, you should have been 1st in the second round right? Therefore there are better RBs to take than Bennett (I assume). Who knows though, still your RBs are weak.

Yeah, guys like rudi johnson, corey dillion, travis henry, brian westbrook, most of those RB's should have been available, or on average would not go until the 2nd round. I would have taken those guys before bennett, because they will all get goaline carries, equaling more TD's. Yahoo leagues don't reward enough points for yards. Bennett will need to get like 150 yards, just to equal the amount of points 1 TD gets in the league, unless the creator of the private league changed the scoring? So, guys like moe williams, end up scoring about the same ammount of points that bennett would, but they are drafted 8 or so rounds later. That is why I like leagues that give 1 point for every 10 yards rushing, it gives guys like bennett and curtis martin(no longer a goaline back), more value.

But, as you said, it isn't a pay league, so it is more for fun and is good to have some vikes players on your team. Yahoo leagues are for fun and I am in some of them, but at antsports.com, those pay leagues are for money prizes and trophies, so those are different leagues and I draft different in those leagues. I draft to win more in pay leagues, ad draft for my favorite players more in yahoo leagues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast