12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Any Interest in Brandon Lloyd?

He was just cut and I think while Greg Jennings is great, Lloyd is a true deep threat that can go up and get the ball. The only problem would be staying under the cap with room for the draft.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Bring him in for 3 mil/year, and our receiving corps all of the sudden becomes formidable. With Jennings, Lloyd, Wright, and Rudolph... That's a line up!
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Bring him in for 3 mil/year, and our receiving corps all of the sudden becomes formidable. With Jennings, Lloyd, Wright, and Rudolph... That's a line up!
    He was due $1.9 million in base this year with a $3 million option bonus due on the 16th. Next year we was due $2.9 million base. Considering the pats were trying to get him to agree to a restructure before the bonus was due today, I think he is hoping for more than $3 million a year.

I would LOVE to see him here if we could get him, but I don't see it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I think Spielman is dead set on adding WR's through the draft now that Jennings is in the fold. I don't see where Lloyd would be a option just based off what Spielman said.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    That would be a nice pick up if we could pull it off.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I would have been for Lloyd for less than Jennings instead of Jennings. Don't always know what is going to be out there. If we can afford it on the books, I would be all for signing him in addition to Jennings. Orton made it work with Lloyd, he really did well that season.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I would have been for Lloyd for less than Jennings instead of Jennings. Don't always know what is going to be out there. If we can afford it on the books, I would be all for signing him in addition to Jennings. Orton made it work with Lloyd, he really did well that season.
    No thanks to Lloyd, he is a total product of the system and that system is Josh McDaniel's.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Any Interest in Brandon Lloyd?

Seriously we don't need to get my more WRs. With Jennings and Wright,Rudolph,Felton, 5 OL, Ponder and AP that rounds out the main roster. Then we have Simpson, Carlson, Gerhart and a few other subs to round things out. All it is going to do by adding more WR's is limit the touches of the guys we already have under contract.

What we need to focus on now is maximizing the productivity of the guys we already have and tweaking the scheme to get the most out of them.