Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Anxious Peterson: Deal Not About Being Greedy

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6465488

man i hope this guy signs soon,the guy in front of him just signed so that should make it easier to figure out what his market value is now

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anxious Peterson: Deal Not About Being Greedy

So Dogra, if you are reading this, get your head out of your ass and get your client signed...NOW!!!
    That goes for the Vikings Front Office also!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Got to love this quote from Peterson:
    "I got love for all the Vikings fans, and it's going to be an exciting year," Peterson said. "I feel we have a special season. And when I get there, I will work 110 percent, and I'll go full speed every play, and do whatever it takes to make this team better."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I get the fever reading all this stuff.... Get AP and Rice signed and in camp.... Please. We have to have all our horses.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I completely understand him wanting to have enough money to keep his family set should something happen.
    But at the same time, the "market value" of draft picks is going up a lot more than the cost of living is each year, so it is frustrating.

The good news is that Anderson signed, giving AD an idea of what the market is for a number 7 pick.
    Come on guys, get that boy into camp!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I don't see what is so hard (for either side) to say:

Here is what was signed last year for the #7 pick, now lets add another 5 percent, and presto, you're in camp!

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't see what is so hard (for either side) to say:

Here is what was signed last year for the #7 pick, now lets add another 5 percent, and presto, you're in camp!
    Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult.

Im a huge AP fan, bought his jersey right when it came out, and was super excited when we drafted him.
    One part of this article does concern me however.
    He talks about his collarbone injury and how he needs to take care of himself in case something should happen to that. Completley understandable, but I didnt here him talk about needing to take care of it when he was campaigning to be a top 5 pick in the draft.
    Again its just a thought and i hope it doesnt create to much backlash, I am a huge fan and supporter of AP but I didnt really like that statement.

Json is offline GM

Im a huge AP fan, bought his jersey right when it came out, and was super excited when we drafted him.
    He talks about his collarbone injury and how he needs to take care of himself in case something should happen to that. Completley understandable, but I didnt here him talk about needing to take care of it when he was campaigning to be a top 5 pick in the draft.
    Again its just a thought and i hope it doesnt create to much backlash, I am a huge fan and supporter of AP but I didnt really like that statement.
    This also concerned me.
    I hope to god this guy didn't dupe everyone for the big payday.
    I know thats truly unlikely but it's just a thought.

Come to think of it I really hate articles about the this part of the business.
    I'm just a football fan and love to see it played at such a high level and when guys start talking about money and family and blah blah blah, I start losing interest.
    Hopefully this will be the last article needed to be posted about any Vikes and holding out while trying to figure out a deal.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Json" wrote:
    This also concerned me.
    I hope to god this guy didn't dupe everyone for the big payday.
    I know thats truly unlikely but it's just a thought.

Come to think of it I really hate articles about the this part of the business.
    I'm just a football fan and love to see it played at such a high level and when guys start talking about money and family and blah blah blah, I start losing interest.
    Hopefully this will be the last article needed to be posted about any Vikes and holding out while trying to figure out a deal.
    I caught that as well. I don't think it is a case of him duping everybody for a payday.
    It is hard to fool the team doctors.
    More than likely it is his agent working that angle with him, telling him that he needs to have everything taken care of in the first contract in case he gets injured.
    I am sure that they work that angle with every top 15 pick, but with AD it probably hits home a little more because he was injured before.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast